Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your best bet is to phone them mate it's the only way I'm afraid, I did it and was paid within two days.

I don't live in the UK unfortunately. But I finally got my refund! They told me they were very busy, just as I thought, so they must have a lot of stuff to do. That I can understand. But they should hire some more people to speed up things or they are going to lose some customers!

I would have been happy if they'd said "we guarantee we will ship your item by the 7th of Feb" or something. At least I'd know instead of being left hanging like a plum!

I haven't had the problems others seem to have had in terms of refunds (mine was paid quickly within hours of the phone call) or preorder items arriving at some point (my Selina Kyle arrived very well packed in perfect condition recently but late).

Note the some point however. What this company is terrible at is being honest in there communications. "Yes it will be the end of February, do you want to wait or get a refund?" might be a better approach then just saying next week for all of December and January. Based on this I too am unlikely to go to them for preorders but I wouldn't necessarily rule out in stock items confirmed by phone call if at a good price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be honest I wouldn't have given a monkeys, if they hadn't have invoiced me over two months ago for the figure. I ordered the figure on pay break, paid my deposit and was then invoiced for the final amount back in November as the item was supposedly in, or coming into stock.

So they have had my money for over two months and the figure has supposedly been in stock for six weeks next week. I have nothing, apart from a load of stress and apologies and excuses from them. Customer's like myself are beginning to show up on their Feefo feed back, which is in someway encouraging as at least they're actually shipping stuff out. I like to support local business and try to be as understanding as possible. But this situation is frankly ludicrous. They state on their website that orders are shipped within 3 days and it's taking them over six weeks at present, that is in no way acceptable. Purchasing items should be simple process, they have an item you want, you pay the asking price, they send you the item. Not that you pay them the asking price and then they fob you off for over a month afterwards as to why they haven't sent it to you. :slap

Yeah I don't think I could even trust them with an 'in stock' item now, I doubt they'll last long if they keep operating this way.

confirmed by phone call if at a good price.

To clarify the phone call would go something like this at present. Me: is that item actually visible to you/physically in your hands at present....ok I will buy it with the understanding it needs to be with me in say 3 days or it's chargeback time. As far as I am concerned there is no need to potentially deprive yourself of good prices if items are actually in stock not in the easy world of paypal chargeback (the customer is always right to paypal within 30 days of course). So consequently as my items are turning up MB is not quite off the shopping list yet but it is OBVIOUS they need to improve rapidly this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll never use them again

I won't put myself in a position where I have to go to them to buy. It'll almost always be pre orders and not a prayer I'll be pre-ordering from them

Even their In stock item prices are that good and I'll not give them any kind of business based on what I've experienced from then already. They've had plenty of changes to be honest and do the right thing but they choose to lie and abuse their customers when they voice there first hand experiences of dealing with them to would be customers

This has been a valuable lesson learned. Nobody and I mean nobody should have to wait 6 weeks for an £360 and then have the cheek to say they won't give you your deposit back for cancelling after been forced to wait that long

They don't deserve they leeway they are getting

No. If they didn't take the deposit then I would.

I could afford the extra £30 to buy it elsewhere that's in stock now but with them keeping the deposit it's like and extra £80.

So I've annoyingly got to wait it out.

I've never had a problem with them, I've received all my orders in good time. Touch wood its always that way cos I've got a few preorders with them.

Well it's now the sixth week since they've had the QSoo1 Batman in stock. Tomorrow will be two months and three weeks since they sent me my final invoice. And still no sign of them sending my order to me.....

Surely this is getting to the point now where you could trading standards or even watchdog involved?

Having your money this long & the goods in stock but with no date for delivery is surely grounds for them to be involved

They actively advertise 3 working day delivery on in stock items & they clearly havent delivered in either of your cases or many other people & it might be the only way they will care enough to do anything if they think you'll go to those lengths to get the stuff you have paid very good money for

Neil

Surely this is getting to the point now where you could trading standards or even watchdog involved?

Having your money this long & the goods in stock but with no date for delivery is surely grounds for them to be involved

They actively advertise 3 working day delivery on in stock items & they clearly havent delivered in either of your cases or many other people & it might be the only way they will care enough to do anything if they think you'll go to those lengths to get the stuff you have paid very good money for

Neil

Didn't someone claim earlier that they must have no line of credit, and be using the preorder cash to pay for other items from the main stockists?
So the reason they *need* your figure paid for in full is to use the cash to pay for items that *should* be in stock(But won't be till they can get a cash injection to pay for previous preorders).

If I could get my the whole amount back within a few days via refund id gladly go that route and buy it from elsewhere

I've got a feeling that if I do manage to get them to give me back the deposit, they'll take weeks to issue the refund then

A load of guys on Facebook are struggling to get refunds, MB have deleted all traces of complaints from their page. At this point, as I said to the guys on FB, I would be publicly contacting them via twitter, they are unable to delete tweets, and it may light a fire under their arses to actually sort peoples issues out.

It is no good them saying they are becoming one of the biggest players for 1/6th in the UK one minute, spending a load on advertising, stating they have had to move to bigger premises and then hiding behind being a small family run business and struggling to pack orders the next.

Any business owner that attacks their customers, calling them names in public doesn't deserve to keep being given the benefit of the doubt.

Didn't someone claim earlier that they must have no line of credit, and be using the preorder cash to pay for other items from the main stockists?
So the reason they *need* your figure paid for in full is to use the cash to pay for items that *should* be in stock(But won't be till they can get a cash injection to pay for previous preorders).

Yeah that was me ;)

I still stand by that argument as well but if they are showing items in stock & available to buy through their Ebay store then there is no reason to delay deliveries...especially in the cases of people like Jmek or Frank Jaeger here who have both paid for items in full months ago & the item has apparently been in stock for weeks.

Neil

My figures weren't sent out last week as I was told they would be... now they're telling me this week. They also told me they have many back orders which they hope to have cleared this week, so that's why it's taking so long. My recommendation would be to not spam them with e-mails and questions. That way they won't have to waste time on reading and answering mails and we might get our stuff sooner.

My figures weren't sent out last week as I was told they would be... now they're telling me this week. They also told me they have many back orders which they hope to have cleared this week, so that's why it's taking so long. My recommendation would be to not spam them with e-mails and questions. That way they won't have to waste time on reading and answering mails and we might get our stuff sooner.

People who have been waiting six weeks+ for 'in stock items' shouldn't 'spam them with emails and questions'?...

:slap :lol

Back