Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll give them a buzz tomorrow. Shame if it does take ages. They were very keen to get final payment, so I assumed it would go out as soon as I'd done the business.

I'll give them a buzz tomorrow. Shame if it does take ages. They were very keen to get final payment, so I assumed it would go out as soon as I'd done the business.

Alot of us here have figures that arrived in stock 6 weeks ago, and still haven't been sent out yet

They said they have to get all the backlog out so they won't send yours out until we've all received ours, according to what they have said

But if they do please let us all know

Last edited:
What I don't understand is, I paid for mine months ago, like a good 4 months ago. Surely that means they are 4 months behind on orders as well as taking new orders

I wouldn't like think to think how long we are going to have to actually wait and the people ordering just now will too

What I don't understand is, I paid for mine months ago, like a good 4 months ago. Surely that means they are 4 months behind on orders as well as taking new orders

I wouldn't like think to think how long we are going to have to actually wait and the people ordering just now will too

I paid in full for my seven piece Hall Of Armour in August...
and they had an estimated despatch date of July...

D407D543-A338-4B03-8525-5009B3CB71FE.png

I'm not out to bad mouth them or anything like that, surely they need to catch up sharpish for their own good

Otherwise they'll be bogged down with old orders and people constantly calling with the same questions. I can't imagine that being very fun for them or the customers

Barry that's mental it's been that long, and such a large amount too it's not pennies were talking here

I'm not out to bad mouth them or anything like that, surely they need to catch up sharpish for their own good

Otherwise they'll be bogged down with old orders and people constantly calling with the same questions. I can't imagine that being very fun for them or the customers

Barry that's mental it's been that long, and such a large amount too it's not pennies were talking here

To be fair no-one had it in stock back when I ordered it.
But I got an email recently that said they were expecting them in on the 28th of feb.
I told them I can wait till then. But I don't want to wait too much longer.
If it's not with me by the second week in march I will cancel anyway.

03/01/14 - Mothersbasement Facebook page posted by Kate (the infamous "morons" rant) - "As for the recent stock deliveries, we've dispatched around 70% of what we've had in December and the rest of backlog will be cleared by the end of next week."

So good news guys, they were fully up to date back on the 10th Jan.

Oh wait now...

I keep hearimg about this mysterious backlog that they have.

Do they only post out 2 parcels per week? :lol

That same post said they are sending out 70/100 a day, which sounds like rubbish to me. I can't believe that they are selling around 2000 items a month, that just seems implausible.

Do they keep the deposit on your order?

I paid in full when i ordered.
The blurb on their site said if you pay in full when you order, you can cancel at any time and get a full refund.
They have since removed that, but i am sure my bank will side with me if i haven't received goods that i paid over £500 for and have not received.
And of course i have saved *all* the "Sorry, your order is delayed* emails from them...

That same post said they are sending out 70/100 a day, which sounds like rubbish to me. I can't believe that they are selling around 2000 items a month, that just seems implausible.

Not that implausible maybe. They have thousands of customers so why not? Besides, Terminator DX13, Tony Stark MMS191 and QS001 were pre-order items. So those orders accumulated over time and arrived in stock at about the same time (I believe). There might be other items that also arrived in stock around December/early January.

OK so you have more orders than you can ship out, so you hire temporary staff to help with the back log. You don't expect your customers (who have paid large amounts of money in full) to wait weeks, or months for you to catch up. It's not good business practice.

Last edited:
Sounds like the backlog is a load of bs to me. Keep stringing folk along till they finally get the stuff in stock.

Well sadly no reply from them today, despite e-mailing them again this morning. Tomorrow I'll call the bank and instruct them to start a fraud investigation into the matter. I'll also be informing trading standards. I'll keep you guys posted to any developments. I'm baffled to be honest as to why they don't respond, and why they can't send the order. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you treat your customer's this way?

Back