Moronic eBay Buyer! Joker DX 01 Horror Story (case closed) + eBay Blacklist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Moronic eBay Buyer! Joker DX 01 Horror Story

Wrong. My $$$ was being held for 20 days for a 2 month period. I called and the paypal rep gave me a list of 30+ reasons they do this. 99% of them were BS.

the stipulations change constantly but I am absolutley sure that if you plug the tracking numbers into the auction id in your ebay your funds will be released 3 days after the item is recieved by the buyer even if they have not left you any feedback. (I have sold 3 hot toys over the past month and this is how it worked for me) Now obviously this changes if they leave you negative feedback.

True Paypal sent me an email a few months ago saying that their policies had changed and that your money would pend for 21 days or until a positive feedback was left, to make sure there was no problem with the item.

I have had the same thing happen to my paypal account and I called to see how I could get it faster b/c the person had not left me feedback and had the item for over a week. Paypal customer service told me to enter the tracking number in to my ebay account and if the item had been marked as delivered for atleast three days your money would be accessible. I have tested this out twice already with success.

the stipulations change constantly but I am absolutley sure that if you plug the tracking numbers into the auction id in your ebay your funds will be released 3 days after the item is recieved by the buyer even if they have not left you any feedback. (I have sold 3 hot toys over the past month and this is how it worked for me) Now obviously this changes if they leave you negative feedback.

My Feedback is 2400 with 99.5%. I always add tracking just so I dont get asked for it and I ship within 48 Hours. The negatives I got were from people that didnt know a hot Toys 1/6 Predator bio didnt fit theirs kids head and a Lost Pred that is a kit as most of us know. That person expected a fully built figure. The block (21 days) came 3-4 months after those negatives.

this is really weird as I tried to sell my hot toys batman and the seller that paid the buy it now price emailed me a few times with some shotty english asking me the quality of the figure even though I had detailed pics up. I never responded to him as I didn't like his tone and then he did the buy it now. After he did the buy it now he said he would pay me pending a return he was doing, I said I wanted payment no later than next wednesday. well with that this guy sent me a few emails, board line harassment type of stuff threatening me to return the figure if it looked the way it did in the photos and he told me that I need to return 10 dollars to him before I sent the figure to him. Well I contacted ebay and I was able to get the transaction cancelled and I never shipped him the figure and he never paid for it. this all happened in the last few weeks. Unfortunately I wasn't able to leave negative feedback for him because of the way the case was handled. It sounds like to me you got the same buyer that I did because my buyer also said that even if the box had one little dent in it he would return it and report me to ebay. I pretty much said screw you don't pay for it, I'll sell it to someone else.

this is really weird as I tried to sell my hot toys batman and the seller that paid the buy it now price emailed me a few times with some shotty english asking me the quality of the figure even though I had detailed pics up. I never responded to him as I didn't like his tone and then he did the buy it now. After he did the buy it now he said he would pay me pending a return he was doing, I said I wanted payment no later than next wednesday. well with that this guy sent me a few emails, board line harassment type of stuff threatening me to return the figure if it looked the way it did in the photos and he told me that I need to return 10 dollars to him before I sent the figure to him. Well I contacted ebay and I was able to get the transaction cancelled and I never shipped him the figure and he never paid for it. this all happened in the last few weeks. Unfortunately I wasn't able to leave negative feedback for him because of the way the case was handled. It sounds like to me you got the same buyer that I did because my buyer also said that even if the box had one little dent in it he would return it and report me to ebay. I pretty much said screw you don't pay for it, I'll sell it to someone else.
definatly a ******, you prottected your self properly and in doing so probably dodged a bullet:yess:

User ID to block please!

eBay only protect buyer, it happens to me many time, my suggestion is refund him a little money, it doesn't hurts, $25 will do it, cause if you don't , they will tell you to do full refund, and you can't sell more then $550 now.

oh that reminds me...

before I complete a sale, I check out the winner...

check the left feedback for others section... just to help weed out dennis the menace

User ID to block please!

2012trendsetters

This is the email I got from the guy, this was one of three I got from him just a few hours after I requested money by the next wednesday. If anyone deals with this guy block him or report him, he is not nice and he will try to get every penny refunded to him that he can.

Hi seller,
I will pay you by this upcoming wednesday through paypal for this item. From the pictures I could see white dust mite on the rubber body of the figure front and back on the arm and legs of the figure. I can also see a lot of white dust mite on the transparent covers front and back that hold the figure and its accessories. Because you listed as brand new, the figure should not have white dust mite on the body of the figure front and back and also on the arms and legs of the figure. There should not be any white dust mite on the transparent covers that holds the figure and its accessories.
The outer box of this item should be in brand new condition, no scratches, no wear and tear and no dent. I want this item to be brand new, never been played and never been opened condition like the very first time you got this item.
So this is the summary of what I want to see when this item arrives to me:
1) no white dust mite whatsoever on the rubber body of the figure front and back on the arm and legs of this figure (use a light brush to dust off the white dust mite from the rubber body of this figure)
2) no white dust mite on the transparent covers (front & back) holding the figure and its accessories
3) the figure is in perfect brand new condition with no defect
4) there should be a protective plastic wrap on the belt & head of this figure. How come in your picture the protective plastic sleeve of the figure's belt has been taken off?
5) the outer box should be in brand new condition with no scratch, no dent, no tear whatsoever
6) all the accessories of this figure are in the box including stand.

u know , itd be nice if a seller refunded some partial amount if a buyer pays top money for a item to get in mint not counting the shipping and customs charges,,i know its not the fault of the seller nor the buyer, but when a buyer takes a hit paying top dollar for a Mint box and then not receiving it the way he would have prefered it would be nice to have some sort of compenstion from the seller, i have 4 or 5 cases where boxes were damaged, only once i was offered partial refund without a fuss , others just offered a new box if they get one, ( till now havent got anything) others just offered a apology

u know , itd be nice if a seller refunded some partial amount if a buyer pays top money for a item to get in mint not counting the shipping and customs charges,,i know its not the fault of the seller nor the buyer, but when a buyer takes a hit paying top dollar for a Mint box and then not receiving it the way he would have prefered it would be nice to have some sort of compenstion from the seller, i have 4 or 5 cases where boxes were damaged, only once i was offered partial refund without a fuss , others just offered a new box if they get one, ( till now havent got anything) others just offered a apology

You know it's not the fault of the seller but you want them to compensate you anyway? Nope. All you can do as a buyer is confirm with the seller how it is to be packed. Once it's left the seller's hands, they shouldn't be held responsible for anything that happens thereafter. If it arrives damaged than you can either file a claim with the postal service or suck it up 'cause s*&t happens.

2012trendsetters

This is the email I got from the guy, this was one of three I got from him just a few hours after I requested money by the next wednesday. If anyone deals with this guy block him or report him, he is not nice and he will try to get every penny refunded to him that he can.

Hi seller,
I will pay you by this upcoming wednesday through paypal for this item. From the pictures I could see white dust mite on the rubber body of the figure front and back on the arm and legs of the figure. I can also see a lot of white dust mite on the transparent covers front and back that hold the figure and its accessories. Because you listed as brand new, the figure should not have white dust mite on the body of the figure front and back and also on the arms and legs of the figure. There should not be any white dust mite on the transparent covers that holds the figure and its accessories.
The outer box of this item should be in brand new condition, no scratches, no wear and tear and no dent. I want this item to be brand new, never been played and never been opened condition like the very first time you got this item.
So this is the summary of what I want to see when this item arrives to me:
1) no white dust mite whatsoever on the rubber body of the figure front and back on the arm and legs of this figure (use a light brush to dust off the white dust mite from the rubber body of this figure)
2) no white dust mite on the transparent covers (front & back) holding the figure and its accessories
3) the figure is in perfect brand new condition with no defect
4) there should be a protective plastic wrap on the belt & head of this figure. How come in your picture the protective plastic sleeve of the figure's belt has been taken off?
5) the outer box should be in brand new condition with no scratch, no dent, no tear whatsoever
6) all the accessories of this figure are in the box including stand.

Blocked!!! Guy sounds like a total A** :cuckoo:

I have no problem doing a partial refund. I've taken 50$ off of an item for a buyer before when something went wrong during the shipping. but when someone buys something with detailed pics and then asks for a refund before it's even paid for and shipped, I'm not going to do that and I'll do everything I can to make sure that transaction is canceled, but again I've never had this kind of a problem with a buyer before, the email may not look as bad out of context but during that time of trying to sell the figure I was pretty offended. Especially when this guy had ZERO feedback and I was his first buy, just sounded like a mess waiting to happen.

You know it's not the fault of the seller but you want them to compensate you anyway? Nope. All you can do as a buyer is confirm with the seller how it is to be packed. Once it's left the seller's hands, they shouldn't be held responsible for anything that happens thereafter. If it arrives damaged than you can either file a claim with the postal service or suck it up 'cause s*&t happens.

and that is why they claim full amount paypal refund, when sellers are also unreasonable, i mean why should the buyer settle for anything less when he is paying top money for it, most retailers do some compensation, insurance works mostly only if item is lost, i hear not for damages, and like u said i sucked it up on most occassions even though i could have filed a claim, only once was i offered refund,

Don't pay top dollar unless you are holding it in your hands. :dunno

And my blocked bidder list since 1998. I added the ones in this thread as well.

05925313397, 10silverbolt, 123hewatt, 2012trendsetters, 213jimmy11, 256alison-bates, 9454dana, aardvarkguy1, abreebree, adamb821, affliction23, alexanderave, amazing_heroes, bamtptplyr, baseballcardkid78, bigrussautos, bitemebotch, blackace5, bluntedtermz, bnksportscards, bowtiecollection, buddy016166, calsoaf, cam7399, carlos_713, catracholoco713, cellwanger81, chawana_73, chris.world.industries, cilencio1, cleve9111, codeecat, currinjaw-d, damon_ana, dawgette2008, dforce2, dmjohns88, draderz2, dragon-curse, dwyerja, eaglesports_0, ealvarab, elementsk8er948, enrique1382, esoracco, ewolfe37, farisrenee, fascistpork, figthtfigureslot, foreverannoyed, fotix03, glasslandchris, goodale2, guinnesscasey47, hellfireta, hotlini11, iwantanewcell, jarz1087, jasontianyang, jedimaster71472, jeremyp7450, jjyyeva, jlowlor123, joe261979, josh5531, jpink18, juancarr23, justinrhonda701, king_of_chips94, lamia1805, lovemycac, lowlightjoe, lynnstoys2010, matts651, mchavic07, mikehoe702, mindfreakx, modernist_1, mosportscards2008, newguy106, nobuys, okcards321, oz1944, packrat2-2007, paul_starchild, pbandit87, phillip0576, playball-cards-and-more, quarryview, ravens33160, rd1979ss, renatoromano1, rgshirtsatwnf, rickydoubleyou, rockero48, ronnyberry1, rustyandethel, scalafini123, secondhandonline, sifrao200, smitty1379, sportzhandi, ss64chevy, statuehunter, stevenichols21, stjohnson138, stroberts44, super-hot-packs, sw-hotcards, tarasciosabina64sabina, terry.currelley, the-card-connection, timo9, tmacdad76, traciecook11, trakizl11, travis92travy, ultimate8pac, unlovedtrzs, warrenshobby, westanonan

I hope you said in your description that you except returns? I sold an item once(not a figure),and I said no returns,because since it was new,I figured there would be no issues with the buyer. Wrong! buyer opened a case against me stating that it was not new,and that they wanted a refund. Seller won case,money was refunded,AND they got to keep the item! :gah:

That's why now,when I sell anything on Ebay,I always except returns.Anything over $100,gets insured,with delivery confirmation.

I hope it works out for you,and Ebay finds in your favor. :)

thos who dont have paypal are usually newbies who want something , i was like that 3 years back too, used buy it now and tried to pay with checks and money orders but of course learnt later it isnt possible from my country, it took me 3 years to finally get a cc , register with paypal and come to grasp with ebay purchasing , not evryone has the patience to deal with such people,

Don't pay top dollar unless you are holding it in your hands. :dunno

And my blocked bidder list since 1998. I added the ones in this thread as well.

05925313397, 10silverbolt, 123hewatt, 2012trendsetters, 213jimmy11, 256alison-bates, 9454dana, aardvarkguy1, abreebree, adamb821, affliction23, alexanderave, amazing_heroes, bamtptplyr, baseballcardkid78, bigrussautos, bitemebotch, blackace5, bluntedtermz, bnksportscards, bowtiecollection, buddy016166, calsoaf, cam7399, carlos_713, catracholoco713, cellwanger81, chawana_73, chris.world.industries, cilencio1, cleve9111, codeecat, currinjaw-d, damon_ana, dawgette2008, dforce2, dmjohns88, draderz2, dragon-curse, dwyerja, eaglesports_0, ealvarab, elementsk8er948, enrique1382, esoracco, ewolfe37, farisrenee, fascistpork, figthtfigureslot, foreverannoyed, fotix03, glasslandchris, goodale2, guinnesscasey47, hellfireta, hotlini11, iwantanewcell, jarz1087, jasontianyang, jedimaster71472, jeremyp7450, jjyyeva, jlowlor123, joe261979, josh5531, jpink18, juancarr23, justinrhonda701, king_of_chips94, lamia1805, lovemycac, lowlightjoe, lynnstoys2010, matts651, mchavic07, mikehoe702, mindfreakx, modernist_1, mosportscards2008, newguy106, nobuys, okcards321, oz1944, packrat2-2007, paul_starchild, pbandit87, phillip0576, playball-cards-and-more, quarryview, ravens33160, rd1979ss, renatoromano1, rgshirtsatwnf, rickydoubleyou, rockero48, ronnyberry1, rustyandethel, scalafini123, secondhandonline, sifrao200, smitty1379, sportzhandi, ss64chevy, statuehunter, stevenichols21, stjohnson138, stroberts44, super-hot-packs, sw-hotcards, tarasciosabina64sabina, terry.currelley, the-card-connection, timo9, tmacdad76, traciecook11, trakizl11, travis92travy, ultimate8pac, unlovedtrzs, warrenshobby, westanonan

hmm... may have to borrow this carefully compiled list. thanks for saving me the trouble.

and yeah, some people are crazy. i even had someone on here offering me $500 for an $800 rainman preorder, trying to convince me i should take the hit so i could recoup at least some of my money :cuckoo: IGNORE!!

Back