Moronic eBay Buyer! Joker DX 01 Horror Story (case closed) + eBay Blacklist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbkhbk

Freakalicious
Reaction score
2-10-2012 Update:

Hi Everyone,

Happy to report that eBay finally woke up and made the right call. They closed the case and released the original purchase price to my paypal account. I think what helped in my case is that I acutally opened the return package at the post office and got a written statement from the postal clerk confirming that I received a box of garbage. I don't want to think what would have happened if I held off opening the package until I got home. This would have been a he said she said nightmare.

Going forward, if a buyer complains about a figure again, then I think I'll just agree to a full refund and relist the figure, but the buyer will have to wait until my relist auction closes and ship the figure directly to the 2nd winner before getting refund. I think this might same a lot headaches...

Thank you everyone for listening to my problems and offer all the advices. I really appreciate it.

2-4-2012 Update:

Help! eBay ruled against me, no big suprise, full refund, fine. However, the buyer sent back a package full of garbage and papers. What can I do?

This is sad, eBay is no longer safe, the buyer blazin173 has perfect feeback since 2003 and now he pulls this crap?

Hi Guys, I really need a place to vent, so please bear with me.

Background: With the impending release of Joker 2.0, I decided to put my original Joker DX01 for sale on eBay. I have never taken the figure out of the box (as shown in the picture), so I listed it as brand new, figure never taken out of the box and never displayed.

The Winner emailed me several times before the end of auction and wanted to confirm that the figure is indeed new. I told him the figure is no longer in its original brown shipper, but the figure is brand new and never taken out of the box and never displayed. I offered to send more pictures, but the winner declined. Mind you that the winner never asked about the condition of the box.

Auction ended at $630 plus shipping a little over a week ago.

Today, the Winner opened a claim against me, saying that there is “damage” to the box (the small dent on the top left corner of the box - please see the picture) and wanted a full refund. For us veteran collectors, we know that sideshow ships in brown shippers, so a box with a small dings here and there are normal. I used this exact picture for the eBay listing and the Winner even acknowledged in the claim that the ding can be clearly seen in the picture, but I failed to mentioned it in the listing descriptions? Isn’t the picture part of the listing???

Now PayPal has frozen $650 in my account, and I’m losing sleep over this. If eBay rule against me on this, then I’ll quit eBay forever as a seller.

Need your thoughts on this, am I at fault here?

EDIT 1: The eBay buyer I'm dealing with is blazin173. The wierd thing is that this guys has been on eBay since 2003, 100%. Like I said we had several email correspondences before the auction ended. I even offered to send more close up pitures, but he didn't take me up on the offer. If you don't like what you see in the picture, then why bid on the auction? If you buy a pair of expensive shoes online, do you really expect the shoe box to come in prestine condition??? I never mislead this guy, in the auction description or the email correspondences. If he is that picky about the box, then ask the question before making bids.

Adding other eBay Buyer IDs that you may want to avoid - Courtesy of BuzzyBean, EvilFace and karamazov80:

blazin173, 05925313397, 10silverbolt, 123hewatt, 2012trendsetters, 213jimmy11, 256alison-bates, 9454dana, aardvarkguy1, abreebree, adamb821, affliction23, alexanderave, amazing_heroes, bamtptplyr, baseballcardkid78, bigrussautos, bitemebotch, blackace5, bluntedtermz, bnksportscards, bowtiecollection, buddy016166, calsoaf, cam7399, carlos_713, catracholoco713, cellwanger81, chawana_73, chris.world.industries, cilencio1, cleve9111, codeecat, currinjaw-d, damon_ana, dawgette2008, dforce2, dmjohns88, draderz2, dragon-curse, dwyerja, eaglesports_0, ealvarab, elementsk8er948, enrique1382, esoracco, ewolfe37, farisrenee, fascistpork, figthtfigureslot, foreverannoyed, fotix03, glasslandchris, goodale2, guinnesscasey47, hellfireta, hotlini11, iwantanewcell, jarz1087, jasontianyang, jedimaster71472, jeremyp7450, jjyyeva, jlowlor123, joe261979, josh5531, jpink18, juancarr23, justinrhonda701, king_of_chips94, lamia1805, lovemycac, lowlightjoe, lynnstoys2010, matts651, mchavic07, mikehoe702, mindfreakx, modernist_1, mosportscards2008, newguy106, nobuys, okcards321, oz1944, packrat2-2007, paul_starchild, pbandit87, phillip0576, playball-cards-and-more, quarryview, ravens33160, rd1979ss, renatoromano1, rgshirtsatwnf, rickydoubleyou, rockero48, ronnyberry1, rustyandethel, scalafini123, secondhandonline, sifrao200, smitty1379, sportzhandi, ss64chevy, statuehunter, stevenichols21, stjohnson138, stroberts44, super-hot-packs, sw-hotcards, tarasciosabina64sabina, terry.currelley, the-card-connection, timo9, tmacdad76, traciecook11, trakizl11, travis92travy, ultimate8pac, unlovedtrzs, warrenshobby, westanonan, 1970si, 2012trendsetters, 510shopquest, acerafici2011, altheneas, batugan001, bbell1059, bitemebotch, bleachmerv, bobbr7123, celticpredatorwanter, chrstbern19, circa*1999, datelusive1, deadpool888, diggertwo, docfr8, feb_ulous626, foreverjacko1993, gccbid, gigiacla, gloriabutler1954, graphics_ever, guardianangels1969, gw001a0003_3, henrycow9, herderp123, inferno_gn, itacoaster2011, jangminsu, jeff21, jesicasman7, katieru425, maartin2006, madoldbiddy, mjb_tjs, mph3436, nightchillers, omarj19, pristinecollect, rejoker316, reverb123, rockmanrotties, rome_325, ronfar70, rui23mj, sayles_brad, sbblue, scythe_meister, seanlangs, seblebonlebon, shagholio, sheisanosborne, showcase97, skadsinatra, skuzzzzy, spideyrules, stephen0824, tamthain, ultimate8pac, unctrhls110, utaylor77, vincelyn2002, vivacantando, woundedtiger, wyp-productions, xjonathanstrifex, yellowroseofiowa, yesdudesir, zerocool3709, 48432517@deleted, $liroy$, 123laskoski, 6021morgan, ascd, bluesami, chilloz, clindo22, d33e4952dd4a95abc342e91c58452bb611611470, drmess, earrings79, ebuy-n-esell, elementmaster11, eringural, fargogreen20, glennlmiller, goallincom, great$white, ground-dog, imat_shopping, inthegood, kalliope1997, khaldi1, kirasoon, lcmuddawg, limitedpotentialonline, onlyfinebooksaccepted, rdanacunningham18, shanemactravor, thing34, wallace1111, wd40oil, 74932786@deleted, [email protected], [email protected]

Last edited:
Re: Moronic eBay Buyer! Joker DX 01 Horror Story

One thing you need to do is always mention the condition of the packaging. As you say you didn't so that, it increases the chance of eBay siding with the buyer. A dent is infact damage and for some people it's a big deal. I personally don't care, it's just a box, but there's a few perfectionists who want a box that's 100% okay.

My opinion is that the box isnt the actual collectible. That said, I would have listed the box as having shelf wear.

I would say that you are in the right. After all, you never said WHAT condition the box was in, you only posted that the FIGURE was brand new and in the box, never opened. You didn't say the Figure was in a MINT condition box after all.

It's because of EBAY's policy of favoring the buyer over the seller that allows A$$#0LE buyers like that to even have a claim.I had a similar incident happen to me and because i failed to placethe flaw in the description i lost.What's worst is that when i finally got the figure it wasn't even the right one.Now i have to wait for PAYPAL and EBAY to straighten this $#IT out.GOOD LUCK!^_^

Absolutely list defects in writing. You got played my friend.

Buyer is in the wrong if something is obvious in the auction picture. . .in my opinion, of course. EBay probably disagrees. Years ago I had a similar issue with a Lost figure I sold. It had sticker residue that was clear as day in the picture. Guy demanded a refund saying it was "useless" to him with the residue, and that he didn't know because I didn't specify that in my auction listing. Over the years, after having experiences from folks such as that, I've learned to take great care in describing any imperfection I find. And I say that the item is sold as is, and that the buyer should ask me if additional pics are required. I never, ever, ever say that something is mint, because you're just asking for some OCD nut to claim that it isn't.

Its not what we think its what the idiot Paypal rep thinks.

Best example is what happened to me a few years ago.

I bought a Albert Pujols Derek Jeter Dual auto card for $350. I had a buyer for it for $500. The guy said it was mint!!! I got it and looked at it in the case it came in. I could see through the case that it looked like the gloss coat was distressed almost like it was wet. I unscrewed the case and the top coat with some paint came right off the card. The card had been stuck to the case and when the last person tried to sererate the card from the case he pulled the glossy coat off.

I opened a case and Paypal said the damage does not effect the value of the item therefore we see it in favor of the seller. :dunno:thud::rotfl:panic::monkey2:nono

You got a bum deal, but Xenophilius is right. When you're selling a high-end collectible, always assume you are selling to the MISB crowd. Any detail, no matter how small, that separates the sale item from a perfect example should be included in both the description and in pics. So technically I think you're probably at fault, but you're well within your rights to vent.

I would say that you are in the right. After all, you never said WHAT condition the box was in, you only posted that the FIGURE was brand new and in the box, never opened. You didn't say the Figure was in a MINT condition box after all.

It's because of EBAY's policy of favoring the buyer over the seller that allows A$$#0LE buyers like that to even have a claim.I had a similar incident happen to me and because i failed to placethe flaw in the description i lost.What's worst is that when i finally got the figure it wasn't even the right one.Now i have to wait for PAYPAL and EBAY to straighten this $#IT out.GOOD LUCK!^_^

You are in the right, you can clearly see the dent on the corner I remember this listing I noticed it from the picture you posted. The buyer never asked and you neither said that it was or it wasn't damaged and with picture the buyer new what they were getting. Unfortunately it is eligible under ebay buyer protection so you can prove your point and be right but if he escalates it to ebay they will make the decision of returning it to you and you giving a full refund. Good luck!

I just sold my DX Batman and am worried about this same sort of thing, some buyer claiming damage when there is none and shipping me back his broken figure or some switcheroo. So I just transferred all my funds out and disassociated my bank account so PayPal can't seize the funds. I think it's the only defense that sellers have.

Of course, I'm probably wrong and PayPal could send me to collections or whatever, but ____ 'em.

Thats why I don't sell on ebay anymore. Zero seller protection. Just not worth it. Plus with the fees you're luckly to get half of your money :lol

Welcome to the wonderful world of selling on ebay and being bent over a barrel by Paypal. When you're wrong you're wrong and when you're right you're wrong. Just suck it up, have him send the merchandise back, refund the money and relist. There's no other option Paypal will give you.

Unfortunately guys, whether or not it's in the pic, it needs to be stated clearly in the listing proper (and in some cases even the auction title). Even something as simple as "box has some shelf wear but figure is NIB" would've sufficed. It sucks, but ebay stipulates this even on the auction page when creating the listing.

Unfortunately guys, whether or not it's in the pic, it needs to be stated clearly in the listing proper (and in some cases even the auction title). Even something as simple as "box has some shelf wear but figure is NIB" would've sufficed. It sucks, but ebay stipulates this even on the auction page when creating the listing.

:exactly::exactly::exactly: Sucks but its true, just hope this Joker (no pun intended) doesn't pull a switch on you. That's always been my biggest fear with ebuyers. Crap really ticks me off! :gah:

Of course, there is always common sense. And then there is eBay/Paypal. Rarely the twain shall meet.

my twin brother just sold his berserker predator back in december. The buyer left him negative feedback 4 days after the auction ended, and claimed he never received the item. My idiot brother didn't get tracking and now has lost his predator, and the money, and has a negative feedback for the transaction.

while i do agree with others that you need to state any imperfections, it doesn't change the fact that the buyer is an _______. you can clearly see the dent in the picture. if he was aware of the damage, you better careful he doesn't try and pull a fast one on you like sending back an empty box. i'm sure if he did do something like that, ebay would side with him anyway. god i ____ing hate ebay.

Back