Moronic eBay Buyer! Joker DX 01 Horror Story (case closed) + eBay Blacklist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Moronic eBay Buyer! Joker DX 01 Horror Story

^^^
Lol... what an _______.

Never had an issue with a buyer... yet I suppose.

Always put in text every little crease and scratch on the figure and its components. Even if you can't see it until you put it under a magnifying glass.

Sorry to hear about your ebay probs dude, I had a buyer try something similar with me last year. Sold a Sideshow 1/6 Jabba, Throne, Bubo and S. Crumb packs and a Bib Fortuna for BIN or Best Offer, whilst I had other auctions running. Some guy made an offer and I made a counter offer which he accepted. He payed I sent it, end of, or so you'd think.

Everytime an item sold in one of my other auctions the guy contacted me and claimed parts missing and and damage to the throne. Kept asking me to 'explain'. Told him to look in accessory tray in lid and send pictures of the damage to me, then pointed out he only got in touch when I'd made money on a sale and he probably wanted a part refund equal to the amount he'd payed over his original offer, he dropped it like a hot brick after that.

In your situation I'd tell the buyer to return it at his own expense for a full refund of the original transaction (once you've inspected the figure and are satisfied it's been returned okay) and stick to that. Ebay won't think you're being unreasonable as you've offered a solution. It's his choice to reject the figure as he knew the condition of the item, even if you omitted the box wear in the description you included a photo so hid nothing. If he really wants the figure he may just drop the case....

Hope this works out for you.

Sorry to hear about your ebay probs dude, I had a buyer try something similar with me last year. Sold a Sideshow 1/6 Jabba, Throne, Bubo and S. Crumb packs and a Bib Fortuna for BIN or Best Offer, whilst I had other auctions running. Some guy made an offer and I made a counter offer which he accepted. He payed I sent it, end of, or so you'd think.

Everytime an item sold in one of my other auctions the guy contacted me and claimed parts missing and and damage to the throne. Kept asking me to 'explain'. Told him to look in accessory tray in lid and send pictures of the damage to me, then pointed out he only got in touch when I'd made money on a sale and he probably wanted a part refund equal to the amount he'd payed over his original offer, he dropped it like a hot brick after that.

In your situation I'd tell the buyer to return it at his own expense for a full refund of the original transaction (once you've inspected the figure and are satisfied it's been returned okay) and stick to that. Ebay won't think you're being unreasonable as you've offered a solution. It's his choice to reject the figure as he knew the condition of the item, even if you omitted the box wear in the description you included a photo so hid nothing. If he really wants the figure he may just drop the case....

Hope this works out for you.

This is the best idea for a resolution. I sold a loose DC Direct Alex Ross Joker a few years back. Was in used but good condition. When the buyer got the item he said the arm broke when he moved it. And that it looked like it had been "glued", which it never was. I told him that I would offer a full refund if he returned the damaged figure. He then backed down stating that he will "just glue it back on and live with it".

There are some serious punk buyers on ebay that will do anything and everything to try and get something for free or for cheaper than what they paid for it.

I called bull ____ on the guy and he backed down. Hope this works for you as well. Good luck.

Just to contribute to the community service function of this thread, here is my list of blocked folks. Apologies if any readers are on it :lol

1970si, 2012trendsetters, 510shopquest, acerafici2011, altheneas, batugan001, bbell1059, bitemebotch, bleachmerv, bobbr7123, celticpredatorwanter, chrstbern19, circa*1999, datelusive1, deadpool888, diggertwo, docfr8, feb_ulous626, foreverjacko1993, gccbid, gigiacla, gloriabutler1954, graphics_ever, guardianangels1969, gw001a0003_3, henrycow9, herderp123, inferno_gn, itacoaster2011, jangminsu, jeff21, jesicasman7, katieru425, maartin2006, madoldbiddy, mjb_tjs, mph3436, nightchillers, omarj19, pristinecollect, rejoker316, reverb123, rockmanrotties, rome_325, ronfar70, rui23mj, sayles_brad, sbblue, scythe_meister, seanlangs, seblebonlebon, shagholio, sheisanosborne, showcase97, skadsinatra, skuzzzzy, spideyrules, stephen0824, tamthain, ultimate8pac, unctrhls110, utaylor77, vincelyn2002, vivacantando, woundedtiger, wyp-productions, xjonathanstrifex, yellowroseofiowa, yesdudesir, zerocool3709, 48432517@deleted

Some were taken from horror stories of others, some are from my own bad experiences.

Incorrecto my brother, even if you withdraw that money - a paypal account cannot be closed and they can still access your bank account and make you liable - don't you think they'd have thought of that, pull off a massive scam, clean out your account and walk away? not a chance

That's just false, noone can access your bank account without authorization except you, it is against the law. They are not even allowed to know the name of the bank account linked to paypal only the account number and routing unless you tell them. Try it, link one of your wife/family/stranger bank account to paypal and it will let you and never ask for the name of the bank account as long as you verify the 2 deposits they make (there is an option where you can tell them but you dont have to). Once the money is out of paypal, they cant do anything except ban you from paypal and if it's a lot of money they may hand it over to collection agency.

I wish they would try to take money from my bank account without my authorization, that would make me a millionaire from the lawsuits...

If this happens you can contact SSC tell them what happened and they may send you a new one. they might just want proof of a photo of the damage plus they may ask you to destroy the figure completely in order to get a new one sent.

destroy the figure completely? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I sold a batman figure that was brand new 100% in box. I got two because i know the value will climb, much like this Keaton batman i'll be getting two of... and the jerkoff who bought it on ebay claimed I lied to him it was open and i was a fraud.

he had 100% positive too, as did I 300+ 100% positive interactions and the asswipe has the audacity to call me a liar without giving me the decency to communicate normally his concerns and let me accommodate him?

I don't know how this piece of crap had a hundred percent rating because, about 2 days after he paid, which was a week late mind you, he started asking me, in all caps no less, where his figure was. He must have asked every day until it got there.

He gets it and then started freaking out that it was not brand new. didn't feed it, argue, defend.. anything. I just said, it is most definitely brand new but if you are not completely satisfied send it back no questions asked.

So he did allthewhile threatening to report me to ebay. He did nothing. I refunded him. resisted it and sold it for a hundred dollars more than he got it for anyway and the guy who bought it was thrilled.

Moral of the story. Sellers are always the enemy on ebay but the buyers can be the real ____ disturbers out of the interaction.

You know it's not the fault of the seller but you want them to compensate you anyway? Nope. All you can do as a buyer is confirm with the seller how it is to be packed. Once it's left the seller's hands, they shouldn't be held responsible for anything that happens thereafter. If it arrives damaged than you can either file a claim with the postal service or suck it up 'cause s*&t happens.

completely agree... sellers always get crapped on, in situations like that the buyer is NOT always right.

I'm gonna save this thread in favourites for all the blocked member lists that have been posted in case I ever decide to sell something on ebay. However, I don't think I will. I sell stuff because I really need to, not for a laugh. I can't afford to get ___ked over.

You'll lose with Ebay/Paypal. I stopped Ebay because I was tired of sending out new perfect figures and being scammed. It is very very bad news for sellers.

I'm gonna save this thread in favourites for all the blocked member lists that have been posted in case I ever decide to sell something on ebay. However, I don't think I will. I sell stuff because I really need to, not for a laugh. I can't afford to get ___ked over.

Yeah same here. I've had to deal with enough ____ heads in my time on eBay & it's good to know I can avoid some possible future ____ heads. Thanks to the guys for going through the trouble of listing them all & it's a lot of them to :clap

I had a similar encounter i put a v1 hot toys joker for 140+10 buck for shipping on eBay, this guy bought it but didn't pay till 3 days later after he put buy it now around the 2ND day i told him before he payed that the item will not be sent until the payment is received (i told him this because i had a lot of dip ____s try to get me to send the item before full payment) then a day after i sent him the message he goes and opens a claim saying i didn't send the item and he tells me why i wont send the item i reiterated the message about 5 times to him and explained as clear as possible what i was saying i sent the item and gave him the tracking number he gets the item the claim is still open i ask him to close it because i know he got the item i used the tracking number too, no responses and i had to call Paypal to unfreeze the money after a bought a month later i finally got my money, i think i lost some hair over 150 bucks.....huh can't remember his name i think i suppressed this memory of his name

I hate paypal and ebay...they are a nightmare for a seller and sometimes for buyers too
I am a little casual seller because If I buy a figure,I buy it to collect it not for reselling.I want to write one of the:horror little story I have got with paypal...I have bought a tv dvb receiver listed on ebay marked like new...I have request to the seller to send me another buy now auction for the same item because I was need 2 of them..I paid for the items the same day(the seller lived in my same country).I have waited for 13 long days to receive the parcel(because the seller was too busy to ship) and when I have opened it :horror:horror I have found two used items one was completely different from each others listed and one it was falling a part. The battery cover of the remote was broken and the power pack it was slice and one part of it was missing...I have tried to contact the seller to ask to ship back this :horror and to get a refund, he refused because he was selling it at cheap price, so I have tried to open a paypal claim to solve this sending pics of the :horror..and what I have got...?:horror:monkey4
"we are sorry for the incovenience but we can't do anything for your cause because you have your parcel received and we can act only if you buy an item and you got another completely different (my case)..
my reply :I swear
so I could receive a Fuc___G parcel with a di..K inside and for you it coul be the same becaue I have got my parcel however ?, glad hear this,for the future I will not use your steal expensive fu___ng service, you speak about protection money but here I see only protection for your F:::ng stealed money from costumer and I will tell to anyone your Fu:::g fraud we got every day.

like now.So guys be careful with paypal it doesn't protect your money it protect his f___G stealed our money...

sorry I was long.
Anyway to return at topic,Honestly if the box has some corner or shelfware damage you must describe it in the list and show better close pics to evade any further problems.

Last edited:

In my case I collect the origininal perfect box too and when I have got the parcel if the box has some damage for seller's fault, I ask gently for a new empty perfect box (I have obtained in every case) for this reason I didn't buy used items often,I have got a trade only with a member here (galactiboy) he was super seller, very nice strong package and figure and box in mint condition.:hi5:

I always put that there is shelf wear.... even if what I am selling has no box. lol

I want give a contribute to the member bad list
this seller has sold me an incomplete siedhow 12 anh obi..
it was missing a ...:horror I can't reach to describe it :horror:horror
ok I will try again..a missing lightsaber :gah::gah:.I asked to him to find in his house with calm and patience but any result and the list was not describe this mess...at the end he said he was my fault because I was the one who had lost it...:horror:horror:gah:

his name was: lbangelsfan

Thats the real problem with paypal. They'll tell you that you are SOL when you have a legit claim but they'll side with a con artist buyer that says the box is looking at him funny. The way they side with people is so inconsistant and wrong 99.9% of the time :lol

If you have over 100 feedback it wont hold the funds, and if you enter the tracking numbers the money will be released 3 days after the item is received.

The seller can type in any number for a tracking number. It happens all the time to me. I go on the USPS site, type in the tracking number they gave me and the site tells me there is no information for that tracking number.

BB

Here's my blocked bidder/buyer list. Not to lengthy for 15 years on ebay but each of these guys screw'd me in some way and it had nothing to do with them asking me "stupid" questions. Which is why I won't add many of your lists to mine 'cause your idea of a stupid question may be different than mine! LOL
My feedback is stellar; type in my forum name to see...

Here's my rogues gallery:

$liroy$, 123laskoski, 6021morgan, ascd, bluesami, chilloz, clindo22, d33e4952dd4a95abc342e91c58452bb611611470, drmess, earrings79, ebuy-n-esell, elementmaster11, eringural, fargogreen20, glennlmiller, goallincom, great$white, ground-dog, imat_shopping, inthegood, kalliope1997, khaldi1, kirasoon, lcmuddawg, limitedpotentialonline, onlyfinebooksaccepted, rdanacunningham18, shanemactravor, thing34, wallace1111, wd40oil, 74932786@deleted, [email protected], [email protected]

BB

Here's my blocked bidder/buyer list. Not to lengthy for 15 years on ebay but each of these guys screw'd me in some way and it had nothing to do with them asking me "stupid" questions. Which is why I won't add many of your lists to mine 'cause your idea of a stupid question may be different than mine! LOL
My feedback is stellar; type in my forum name to see...

Here's my rogues gallery:

$liroy$, 123laskoski, 6021morgan, ascd, bluesami, chilloz, clindo22, d33e4952dd4a95abc342e91c58452bb611611470, drmess, earrings79, ebuy-n-esell, elementmaster11, eringural, fargogreen20, glennlmiller, goallincom, great$white, ground-dog, imat_shopping, inthegood, kalliope1997, khaldi1, kirasoon, lcmuddawg, limitedpotentialonline, onlyfinebooksaccepted, rdanacunningham18, shanemactravor, thing34, wallace1111, wd40oil, 74932786@deleted, [email protected], [email protected]

BB

Stupid questions leads to stupid issues which then leads to stupid feedback and then stupid paypal. Look down the road to avoid stepping in #2.

For example someone that bought my lost Predator. As most of you know this figure is a kit you put together:

Falling apart right out of the box! Not at all worth what I paid, NEVER AGAIN Buyer: spearheart_yautja_2030 ( 23) Jun-21-11 11:05
Reply by ashkanls (Jun-21-11 12:50):
These are kits you have to put together!! Joints were all PERFECT. USER ERROR
Hot Toys Sideshow Lost Predator 2 1/6 scale Elder P1 (#120735384423) US $359.99

This Jackbottom bought this for his kid to wear:

was not happy Buyer: 309alisa ( 35) May-31-11 18:26
Reply by ashkanls (Jun-03-11 12:34):
Buyer didn't read description or understand that this isn't for a human to wear
Custom Wolf Predator 1/6 helmet mask AVPR AVP Hot Toys (#390309925600) US $24.99

Back