More Batman "experts", or how some people just don't get it!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, but its a fictional city in OUR world....its not Tim Burton's Batman world where every song is written by Prince...

You mean "our world" where third degree burn victims walk around flipping coins and men crush cars with minimal injury thanks to rubber suits?:lol

Oh, and mutilated cross-dressing terrorists in face paint flounce around hospitals unnoticed. Happens all the time. :)

And some dude the other day cut off someone's head on a bus for no damn reason. Scary clowno cant touch that ^^^^.

Everything stacks up in terms of figures and fans against any down play afforded by the critics.

Well to be fair, critics often have a different response to film because they're far more fluent in the medium than the general public. They're watching it differently than the masses and seeing different things. This is one reason why there is such a gulf between popularity and critical acclaim in most types of art. The guy who reads a few books a year and lacks critical faculties is going to think Dan Brown is fine; the guy who reads a million books a year and know how to deconstruct them is probably going to to think Faulkner is better.

As for the box office ... appealing to popularity means we also have to accept that Full House is better than The Wire and Britney Spears is better than Radiohead. Few people are going to do that, and sensibly so. It's worth noting though that The Dark Knight is popular and critically acclaimed. But it's not a perfect movie, and if some critics aren't on their hands and knees with nose firmly twixt cheeks, well, some fanboys need to get out more.

Oh, it was alright. I didn't like it as much as the more moderated BB voice, but it was ok. Conroy IS Batman though. If I hear his voice, I see Batman. Nuff said.
Bale does fine though. I guess I am ok with it.

Ah, but its a fictional city in OUR world....its not Tim Burton's Batman world where every song is written by Prince...

I think if you want to define a batman that is truly Burton you have to go with Batman Returns, not 89 Batman. Batman returns is Burton doing a batman that is truly his. No prince there, just a great song by Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Allot of things in Nolan's movies are not all that realistic, it just pretends to be realistic by being unimaginative. Not to mention that realism is highly overrated.

=YoNoSe;1068110]You mean "our world" where third degree burn victims walk around flipping coins and men crush cars with minimal injury thanks to rubber suits?:lol

And after that the corniest line ever by a woman that was falling to her death 2 seconds before that, no need for trauma. "lets not do that again shall we" said Rachel with a flirting smile. Terrible.

And after that the corniest line ever by a woman that was falling to her death 2 seconds before that, no need for trauma. "lets not do that again shall we" said Rachel with a flirting smile. Terrible.

I actually thought it was worse when she was looking at Harvey's coin and said, out loud, "Makes his own luck!" I longed for Katie Holmes.

I don't feel like the movie was unimaginative. I feel like they were selective in what they made realistic, and a lot of it rubbed me the wrong way. I don't question the taste of anyone who liked it. I just don't agree when people say this is the definitive Joker, etc. For a lot of people it's not. I think Iprefered Two-Face in the movie because he was less realistic. This Joker is a real terrorist. That's not what I want in my Batman movie.

the girl who replaced katy holmes whatever her name was very unnatractive.

Yea, but at least Thetans aren't trying to destroy her!!

Holmes was cute when she was younger. Pretty hot in Pieces of April!!

if he has to "disguise" his voice, and with all the money and all the technology, you would think that a "voice-changer" would come in handy, wouldn't you?
I mean, they even sell those at any Halloween stores for like 10 bucks! :D

Actually as stated in the first movie and also in the behind the scenes of the suit on the first DVD, and any of the books on making the films the cowl is supposed to have been created with a voice modulator in it, which lowers and reverbs Wayne's voice to a low growl. Both to disguise his voice and terrify the enemy. If you listen in the films you can hear the modulation when he talks

This is exactly why I never listen to "critics"! The concept of Bruce Wayne disguising his voice has always been part of the deal. Adam West was the only guy that didn't do it.

I agree: these A-holes need to keep their noses in their pretentious, incoherent "art" films and leave the actual good, watchable movies alone!

Actually as stated in the first movie and also in the behind the scenes of the suit on the first DVD, and any of the books on making the films the cowl is supposed to have been created with a voice modulator in it, which lowers and reverbs Wayne's voice to a low growl. Both to disguise his voice and terrify the enemy. If you listen in the films you can hear the modulation when he talks

Sorry dude, but that's BS... you can clearly listen it's just Bale's faking the voice...no modulation whatsoever. If so, then they should get a new sound engineer!
I love the movies, but I couldn't help but chuckle every time I heard Bale's "prank-call" voice :D:D

Last edited:
Back