More Batman "experts", or how some people just don't get it!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he is way to slick actually. I don't really see the man-beast he should be. But to be honest the suit doesn't help. The suit is very far from being primal.

Really? Slick is the last way I would describe him. I do agree the new suit is less in line with that idea, but it didn't distract me.
Mind you, all of my ovbservations are based on one viewing the day after it opened.:D

Really? Slick is the last way I would describe him. I do agree the new suit is less in line with that idea, but it didn't distract me.
Mind you, all of my ovbservations are based on one viewing the day after it opened.:D

Same here.

I would agree that the costume is sleekier, and I appreciate the purpose of that, but "slick" isn't what I'd describe it as. The new costume is sleek like broken, black glass that moves and pummels.

I just think he needs to tone it down just a little. It sounds like he's out of breath all the time....

I dont care THAT much about it. It doesnt keep me away from the film...im just not a fan. But I can deal.

i never noticed anything wrong with the voice until after the film when everyone seemed to have a problem with it. my question is where were they during Batman Begins? his voice was the same in that film. makes me wonder how many batman noobs even bothered to watch the first film.

I like the deep dark throat as much as the deep dark knight. He dons a persona and the vocalisation of that is incumbent to that persona. I noticed Bale didn't lisp as much, though you could see his tongue working hard to overcome that in a couple of the scenes.

To see that there is such a fuss about this just adds to the fact that there isn't much more to pick on. Everything stacks up in terms of figures and fans against any down play afforded by the critics. Who pays attention to them anyway? We do, because we're talking about it now. If we ever agreed with them wholeheartedly, you would know they weren't doing their job, which is more or less to invoke you to see the film and have your own opinion. The point is they get paid to be opinionated. There are ones where you can respect their opinion and there are one's that you would disrespect with relish. It makes me wonder if they collect Star War figures.

As far as his voice goes, I can roll with it. I found the holes to be the most disconcerting part of the film, but at least it didn't linger to explain them.

I found that certain cinemas have poor sound. Back when Attack of the Clones came out I saw it at a really big West End screen - no probs there as you might expect. I took my niece and nephew to see it a few weeks later, not in the West End but at a smaller, still decent size screen just not as expensive - the sound 'balance' or whatever you call it was really f-ed. At certain moments, usually during big battle scenes I was certain the speakers were straining, occasionally even popping and distorting.

When I saw TDK the other day - this cinema's sound was like when I saw AotC... all over the place - sometimes way to base-y, sometimes you could bearly hear the background score and as for Bale's bat-voice... well I could barely hear what he was saying... all I could hear was a low murmur.

Funnily enough it was the same cinema I saw Begins - which I didnt like at first partly because I couldnt understand what the Bat was saying. Fast forward to DVD release and I bought it to 'give it another try'. In my home environment which doesnt have messed up sound - i grew to love this film. The voice was no longer a problem. The "swear to me" bit with Flass suddenly became one of the coolest scenes of the movie for me. Batman doing his intimidation routine is too cool.

I didn't like the voice since Batman Begins either...
I love the movie but the voice and as I said the whole "Dent's Coverup" BS, are my only gripes with it...oh and seeing Chase, Starbucks and all of that in a fictional city. :rolleyes:

But anyway, back to the voice, if he has to "disguise" his voice, and with all the money and all the technology, you would think that a "voice-changer" would come in handy, wouldn't you?
I mean, they even sell those at any Halloween stores for like 10 bucks! :D

So no, it doesn't make any sense for him to fake the voice...sorry...

That doesn't mean that the movie sucks, nope, it's an awesome movie, but you have to realize that there's a few inconsistencies, it happens to all movies...

Ah, but its a fictional city in OUR world....its not Tim Burton's Batman world where every song is written by Prince...

Ah, but its a fictional city in OUR world....its not Tim Burton's Batman world where every song is written by Prince...

Right....:rolleyes:

batmanchase.jpg

BTW, what happened to Batman Begins' Wayne's building?
I assume it's not the same from DK because that one looked pretty bad...

Back