More Batman "experts", or how some people just don't get it!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know how you can tell who the worst actor of all time is? Go to the huge Walmart bin of DVDs that are like 40 movies for a quarter and count the number of times an actors face appears in a film from the pile. By my last count Brenden Fraiser was a good 4 ahead of Steven Segal.

He was pretty terrible in this. I liked him in the other movies.

Yeoh was cool. But she had as much screen time as Jet, which was...not much. Her and Jet's fight is really short. Cool but short.

You know how you can tell who the worst actor of all time is? Go to the huge Walmart bin of DVDs that are like 40 movies for a quarter and count the number of times an actors face appears in a film from the pile. By my last count Brenden Fraiser was a good 4 a head of Steven Segal.

Oh and by that logic, Robert DeNiro is the worst. A ton of his flicks in my pliles. :lol

Man...no mercy from Wofford tonite!!! Have to say agree with regarding "Frasier", if I could throw a rock at his head, I couldn't hit him hard enough. That stupid, goof-ball look he's got...but that's kinda like casting stones from glass houses. That Wal-Mart bin is where I found my copy of "Hudson Hawk"!

I found T-2 in that Wal-Mart bin. I love that stupid thing. 5 bucks for some really great movies.

I think I've been seeing HellBoy Dir.Cut/Spec Ed. for $9.00. Need to break down and buy it before the price gets jacked back up.

I got it, i've wanted that for a while, but didnt want to pay 40 bucks for it. I hate Wal-Mart..but sometimes....sometimes, they kick butt.

Bat's voice didn't bother me one bit and I would never have even given it a second though if I hadn't read it here.:dunno

Same here. I didn't even think about it then and when I read stuff like this I just laugh cause its nothing more than a lame attempt to pull down a great film.

Its hard to say how much this would have made if Heath had lived, but the fact is he isn't and its making money hand over fist. I haven't seen Wall-E but TDK and Iron Man are the two best films I've seen this summer and in a long while honestly.

"Same here. I didn't even think about it then and when I read stuff like this I just laugh cause its nothing more than a lame attempt to pull down a great film."

Interesting theory...

even more interesting, if not for being so frustrating, was the next morning after starting this thread, I was driving to work listening to the morning news/traffic yarn. The local media personalities were doing an entertainment news feature of the same thing but they were totally reading it off of Yahoo. They didn't scoop this site or what I posted, they just mimicked the same, faulty article off the internet.

Pure monkey see, monkey do.

I would have loved the film just as much if Heath had lived. And the voice never bothered me. Being a fellow Kurgan, I don't normally go against Shai... but, I don't get the TDK negativity. Yeah, there are a lot of blind love fanboys of the film... and it's justified... I just don't get the hate. Any self respecting LONG time Batman fan would love this film. And that is only if you have long loved the character from the comics, not the films, and it also helps if you like the edge Frank Miller brought to it. TDK is damn near my favorite film of all time, I can comfortably say that. To me it ranks right up there with Raiders, Star Wars, Jaws and Halloween at the very peak of my cinematic love.

It has nothing to do with Heath dying, and a LOT more with the fact that they got Batman right and moreover... that they NAILED The Joker's character. Not to mention that it's the best Gordon we have ever had, the best Two Face, and a super hero film that the hero in question DOESN'T save the girl. It's everything I wanted it to be and more, and it has nothing to do with the hype.

Throw rocks at me, crucify me if you will... I will never back down from that belief.

Josh took the words right out of my mouth. I would be honored to stand by his side at the rock throwing ceremony. :horror:naughty:lol:joy
I love the Batman comics, and Frank Miller's take on the Dark Knight is amazing. I'm re-reading Dark Knight Strikes Again currently since I just finished Watchmen (another great graphic novel by the way).

Thank you!

You reaffirm my belief, that the "article" in question, is nothing more and nothing less than a puff/fluff peice designed to stir up ^^^^.

Which obviously it has succeeded, because I've spent so much time here:lol

i saw BB begins. i enjoyed it. when they announced the sequel i was all like "cool a sequel to this awesome movie? cant wait to see it". i saw the sequel and it was good. it doesnt matter if heath ledger is alive or dead i would have seen the film and enjoyed it the same way. it's kinda sad to me that people think the film was only successful cuz heath died and its even sadder if people only went to see it cuz heath died. it truly is an enjoyable film and it shouldnt just be viewed for heath's sake.

What's not to like about the way Batman talks?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/w08o609ISRI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/w08o609ISRI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/FdYs5iDw3mc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/FdYs5iDw3mc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/hFrI-mL9kAY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/hFrI-mL9kAY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back