More Batman "experts", or how some people just don't get it!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well it took the "critics" almost a month to find something to hate about this movie. In truth I personally think that critics are crapping themselves that a comic book movie is moving up the box office record fast and they can't stand the thought that maybe someday Titanic will be knocked off by *gasp* *sob* a summer blockbuster, let alone A comic book movie!

there is so much symbolism behind the voice... we only see the real Bruce Wayne around those he is closest too (3 people?)... he not only has created the persona of the Bat, but of his public image too (pompous playboy)... how long into his own personal spiral until he starts fooling himself? Bruce is indeed a hero, but as with the Joker and Two Face, not absolutely grounded.

well it took the "critics" almost a month to find something to hate about this movie. In truth I personally think that critics are crapping themselves that a comic book movie is moving up the box office record fast and they can't stand the thought that maybe someday Titanic will be knocked off by *gasp* *sob* a summer blockbuster, let alone A comic book movie!

Except that critics don't care about box office records, generally slated Titanic and largely blessed The Dark Knight with strong reviews...

I feel justified in saying that this is a great movie without being labeled a fanboy. I was extremely skeptical of the movie at first, didn't think I'd like Joker and generally thought the movie was way overhyped. I'm also not as huge Batman fan, I'm not sure if I've ever seen any of the first four in their entirety, and I just started reading the comics recently. Also my little sister went to see it with me once and really got in to it and this isn't really her type of movie at all. I think the movie just has alot of appeal.

I think some people are misunderstanding some of the critiques some of us have towards this movie.

I loved the movie! Heck, I am in it as an extra!! So how can I not love it!! :D

But as much as I love it, I think it's not perfect, no movie is, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it or that I won't see it a dozen times. Of course the good things are way more than the bad things...

I'll list the only things that bothers me in no particular order, hopefully hardcore fans, fans and casual fans will understand that it's not hate or trying to bring the movie down or anything like that, just things I don't like about the movie :peace

- About the plot:
This might be my biggest gripe..."The Cover-up"... while I understand perfectly why Batman decided to cover-up Harvey Dent's mess, it's one of those things that usually government officials would do, OK not taking the fall as Batman did, but covering up, because "people can't handle the truth"... but I don't expect that from a Hero that's trying to bring truth and justice to the city.:rolleyes:

Also, I think the whole cell phone radar was such a lame idea that a device to see through walls would've seemed more feasible than using cell phones, I mean, come on!!! :gun

-About Batman's voice:
I think this one is poor judgement since Begins, if he wants to desguise his voice, he could use technology and all those millions of dollars on a voice changer

- About the city:
Product placement...Gotham city is a fictional city... so why do we have to see Starbucks and Chase in every fricking corner... no thanks!!

batmanchase.jpg

Anyway, as I said, nothing major except the cover-up but I did loved the movie, I think it sets the bar pretty high, along with IronMan for future superhero movies, and it's one of those rare sequels that are better than the first one...

I think some people are misunderstanding some of the critiques some of us have towards this movie.

I loved the movie! Heck, I am in it as an extra!! So how can I not love it!! :D

But as much as I love it, I think it's not perfect, no movie is, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it or that I won't see it a dozen times. Of course the good things are way more than the bad things...

I'll list the only things that bothers me in no particular order, hopefully hardcore fans, fans and casual fans will understand that it's not hate or trying to bring the movie down or anything like that, just things I don't like about the movie :peace

- About the plot:
This might be my biggest gripe..."The Cover-up"... while I understand perfectly why Batman decided to cover-up Harvey Dent's mess, it's one of those things that usually government officials would do, OK not taking the fall as Batman did, but covering up, because "people can't handle the truth"... but I don't expect that from a Hero that's trying to bring truth and justice to the city.:rolleyes:

Also, I think the whole cell phone radar was such a lame idea that a device to see through walls would've seemed more feasible than using cell phones, I mean, come on!!! :gun

-About Batman's voice:
I think this one is poor judgement since Begins, if he wants to desguise his voice, he could use technology and all those millions of dollars on a voice changer

- About the city:
Product placement...Gotham city is a fictional city... so why do we have to see Starbucks and Chase in every fricking corner... no thanks!!

batmanchase.jpg

Anyway, as I said, nothing major except the cover-up but I did loved the movie, I think it sets the bar pretty high, along with IronMan for future superhero movies, and it's one of those rare sequels that are better than the first one...

Don't forget Harris Bank, which is only located in Chicago I believe? And yes, I totally agree with you on your points. And despite those points, like you, I love the movie! :)

Oh, and that's my card too! hehe

I never even noticed the Chase and Starbucks. I don't see why it matters.

Product placement is unavoidable in these days, and when you are filming cityscapes... it's hard to avoid without digital manipulation. I didn't notice...

I wouldnt mind living in Nolan's Gotham. ^^^^ Tim Burtons though, looking at that place would probably give me asbestos.

Oh I love it too...I just wouldnt live there....

and thats probably because Returns was set in Christmas time...

Back