Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Link will work again after our Black Friday sale (for posters). But glad you guys are diggin Skelz!!!

With the Sideshow Skeletor going up for preorder tomorrow I'm finding myself so torn. Put in a preorder for the SS to secure the ex, which absolutely makes that statue, or wait for more news on the Mondo figures. I'd really just like to see some final painted protos of the Mondo figures, and what movie accessories they'll come with that have been hinted at. If Mondo Skeletor comes with a Langella head sculpt and movie robe, it'll be my definitive Skeletor in my collection.

But the SS is just so bad ass looking.

So glad the loin cloth and boot tops are faux fur, especially if they do Battlecat in the future, He-Man needs to sit down properly without nasty plastic getting in way. Also very happy they aren't directly based on the 80's likeness as the classic designs are too basic, it just wouldnt work for modern 1/6 standards

Here's a close up of the heads. Sorry if its posted already
HE-MAN.JPG

IF Mondo ever expanded to other licenses like thundercats and bravestarr i'd explode into a million rainbows! I can wish lol

I am so excited about these. Like much more so than the Sideshow stuff, which though mega cool and I will get them, especially Evil Lyn, I feel they are bit too removed from the more barbaric roots of MOTU.
These Mondo figures are very MOTU to me.

These look nice, but until I know the price and actually have the Mondo 1/6 Turtles in hand to check their quality I don't think I will be committing.

I still don't like He-Man's hair on this. Looks a little silly for a warrior. He-Man has surfer hair not a bob type cut like this which while fashionable on a woman of average build is not such a good look on a man of large build.

Folks keep misreading the hair on He-Man for some reason and or make the mistake of looking at the Filmation cartoon and seeing Prince Valiant. But the figure was never like that.

I see what you mean about the hair, personally i like it as its a mix of Ryu hair with Kens bob following the jaw line. Thats how i used to draw he-man years ago lol

I see what you mean about the hair, personally i like it as its a mix of Ryu hair with Kens bob following the jaw line. Thats how i used to draw he-man years ago lol

Yeah, there is a bit of Ken in him alright. I was and remain a purist when drawing He-Man be it private or for Mattel. Some hair options on this would be nice. maybe some flowing or actiony hair.

I am really liking these. I am glad I can get these without kitbashing. Of course I am quite curious on the other head sculpts. Will they all have the same haircut on He-man. Again good work on these Mondo. I have never heard of your guys so you definitely got a loyal customer once these get released.

Well on one of their posts it did say they will go dark to perfect the final product

Thats true, something like a few months or so. China holidays may have slowed things down regards managing prototypes

Anyone else plan to get this 1:6 He-man to sit on the PCS 1:4 Battlecat? I feel like the PCS Battlecat is not at his full size, he's a little bigger then Cringer but not at his full-size yet. I think he'll work ok with the mondo 1:6 He-man, he'll be a little oversized but some of the early paintings had Battlecat really huge, so it might work out, we'll see..

---

I don't think I'm going to go as deep into this line as I will be TMNT and Batman TAS when Mondo starts doing releases. I will own He Man and Skeletor though.

Back