Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again... every other thread today has pics of new figures, which are much more impressive that I thought they'd be. And I thought the collection was pretty much all set...

NotFair.jpg

Some info revealed at the org...

Will include more hands, swords and weapons then was on display at SDCC. Price point target is south of 200usd. Classic heads ARE included, however the alcala may be a mondo exclusive. The top of the boots are faux fur not sculpted. He-mans loin cloth is faux leather not sculpted. They tried fur but said it looked stupid. Also, and probably the coolest part of new info..they will include pack-in lil buddies. He did not specify who. But think orko types.

Shaping up to be a great line so far

Thanks for the 411. I'm still gonna keep myself hooked to all Mondo news come August or whenever these are supposed to drop for pre-order, I'll want the exclusives I'm sure but as long as the original heads are included in all versions that's pretty rad. I'm kinda crapping myself thinking of a 1/6 Battle Car and Panthor now!

bought. just hope they at least do Man at arms, Beast man, and Teela...if they don't do the rest I would be happy with those five.

Some info revealed at the org...

Will include more hands, swords and weapons then was on display at SDCC. Price point target is south of 200usd. Classic heads ARE included, however the alcala may be a mondo exclusive. The top of the boots are faux fur not sculpted. He-mans loin cloth is faux leather not sculpted. They tried fur but said it looked stupid. Also, and probably the coolest part of new info..they will include pack-in lil buddies. He did not specify who. But think orko types.

Shaping up to be a great line so far

Thanks for the info! These are a must!

Can anyone photoshop the good He-man head on the body? To see if that style of head fits on this type of body. That head sculpt that is on the body is awful.

Meh. I'd rather just buy the jumbos of the classic Mattel figures.

I'm sorry but I just cannot like that leather piece of cloth on the he man. It just looks cheap and out of place. Can't they do something for him similar to what they did for the Skeletor ?

This is where I say I wish sideshow Produced it....from those fantastic statues

I feel the Sideshow designs are extremely cool, have a very high fantasy look and I will get them but these Mondo's have that barbarian edge to them that is very MOTU. In terms of tone I do prefer the Mondo.

I feel the Sideshow designs are extremely cool, have a very high fantasy look and I will get them but these Mondo's have that barbarian edge to them that is very MOTU. In terms of tone I do prefer the Mondo.

Its the one piece of the figure thats ruining it for me personally Eamon. The rest of the figure ? Perfect. Its just that instead of the furry reddish brown speedo cut shorts we get what looks to me like a hastily cut piece of leather held around the waist with an elastic band. Its like he decided to wear a black garbage bag instead of his usual barbarian garb.

Skeletor looks perfect. If He Man didnt have that.....thing there he would be perfect too for me :(

Its the one piece of the figure thats ruining it for me personally Eamon. The rest of the figure ? Perfect. Its just that instead of the furry reddish brown speedo cut shorts we get what looks to me like a hastily cut piece of leather held around the waist with an elastic band. Its like he decided to wear a black garbage bag instead of his usual barbarian garb.

Skeletor looks perfect. If He Man didnt have that.....thing there he would be perfect too for me :(

I get what you are saying. They say the fur looked a little silly so maybe they just need to break up that leather skirt with some studs, stitches, maybe a hanging pouch or two and like one or two hanging leather straps. Accessories that shiz! :)

Maybe the change from fur to leather was a recent one? It does look out of place but if the fur looked a little silly maybe this is just a step towards a great look?

I do love these but I will say that the anatomy is no where near as realistic as I would like. I think we are bowled over by the fact that we are getting 1:6 MOTU but I am puzzled by the anatomy direction here. I look the bodies on the PCS Street Fighter 1:6 from SDCC and I much prefer the anatomy there as it's just more realistic.

If you are going to go so far as to have these mad crazy details and realistic armor, why then have stylized anatomy? Little odd that I think.

Last edited:
Back