Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have to fix those elbow joints if nothing else. Hot Toys level paint should be used given the price.

Yeah, the elbows are not working at all. I know these are protos, but they create an ugly elongation, like some of the worst Japanese toy articulation. I like the thought behind it, but it just looks a bit funky.

I agree elbow joints looks bad from side, not that bad from front. And then I realize something, no joints at all on legs?

That's because it's an unfinished proto I guess...

As for the pant job, I wouldn't expect anything realistic. Clearly, they're going for super articulated, action figures like toys, so I think we'll get something in the classic Motu tradition, with airbrushed details of course. But realistic? I'd be really surprised.

These are still very early prototypes. I would expect significant changes before it gets to production. Think of it like a rough sketch (this proto) compared to a finish inked and colored print (the production figures). There's still a ways to go yet.

Agreed, but if we don't comment on things we like, then they won't necessarily know what they should fix if they want people to buy them.

They really really need to stop reading He-Man hair do as a bowl cut Prince Valiant type. The vintage figure has surfer hair, all the mattel style guide art has surfer hair. He has surfer hair.

Other than that and the elbow joint breaking the silhouette, I love these.

Hey gang,

Here is my post from he-man.org, that addresses some of the concerns:

Hey dudes. Thanks for all the positive feedback! Been busy here at MondoCon this weekend, so sorry I haven't been able to address some of the concerns earlier. A quick run down of some of the things brought up-

- there will be leg/knees articulation, of course.

- the loin cloth on He-Man will be real (fake) fur, not sculpted. Gonna attempt to do the same with the tops of his boots. Skelz will have a fabric cape.

- Skel's jaw is articulated, as is the skull itself. I'll be sending over a vid of its motion to Val later this week to post.

- The articulation works really well. IMO, it the best of both worlds, in terms of aesthetic and function. Some peeps might be used to the chunky cut articulation that most US action figures have today, but we're really looking at a lot of Japanese figures we're fans of for inspiration. It's not for everyone, I know, but when you see how these can be posed, I hope you'll appreciate it.

- Next big reveal will be them painted. We'll probably go dark for a few months, as we fine tune the prototypes, but I hope the works-in-progress will be enough to get you curious.

- Pricing- not sure yet, as we need to get them quoted overseas in the next few months. Probably something around the TMNT figure. Maybe a tad higher, due to the fabric elements, but still very fair for this scale.

- There will be A LOT of accessories with these, including interchangeable heads, and a few nods to the animated series, original line, and maybe even the 87 film... hehehe

- There will be A LOT of accessories with these, including interchangeable heads, and a few nods to the animated series, original line, and maybe even the 87 film... hehehe[/I]

I'm actually kinda gettin' interested....

Ditto. Current He-Man sculpt looks like a young Nimoy with a poorly-sculpted He-Man haircut. I'd like something more like the MOTUC sculpt, personally. Even the 200X hair looks better.

I like the thought, on the Org, of doing a possible weapon's pack with more classic weapons. Mostly for the Power Sword. The only Power Sword redesign I've ever really liked is the Sideshow statue one. It's just a tough thing for anyone to tackle, change a lot, and really make it feel like the same sword.

Hey gang,

Here is my post from he-man.org, that addresses some of the concerns:

Hey dudes. Thanks for all the positive feedback! Been busy here at MondoCon this weekend, so sorry I haven't been able to address some of the concerns earlier. A quick run down of some of the things brought up-

- there will be leg/knees articulation, of course.

- the loin cloth on He-Man will be real (fake) fur, not sculpted. Gonna attempt to do the same with the tops of his boots. Skelz will have a fabric cape.

- Skel's jaw is articulated, as is the skull itself. I'll be sending over a vid of its motion to Val later this week to post.

- The articulation works really well. IMO, it the best of both worlds, in terms of aesthetic and function. Some peeps might be used to the chunky cut articulation that most US action figures have today, but we're really looking at a lot of Japanese figures we're fans of for inspiration. It's not for everyone, I know, but when you see how these can be posed, I hope you'll appreciate it.

- Next big reveal will be them painted. We'll probably go dark for a few months, as we fine tune the prototypes, but I hope the works-in-progress will be enough to get you curious.

- Pricing- not sure yet, as we need to get them quoted overseas in the next few months. Probably something around the TMNT figure. Maybe a tad higher, due to the fabric elements, but still very fair for this scale.

- There will be A LOT of accessories with these, including interchangeable heads, and a few nods to the animated series, original line, and maybe even the 87 film... hehehe

Interesting....

Curious with their paint though, they should put muore effort for such pricetag though

Interesting....

Curious with their paint though, they should put muore effort for such pricetag though

Well with the addition of soft goods, I think this will help justify the price to any folks. I'm a diehard fan so I was always getting these regardless but for more casual fans, I can understand the price concerns.

Fabric? Gah.

I can live with that, I guess. It's not like He-Man is going to be like the many dolls with clothes that HT does.

But please, no rooted hair on anything. Please. Please. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well let's not be too hasty on the rooted hair front. If they make Teela based off the original mini comic with long blonde hair or even She-Ra/Adora who both had long hair I'd be down for rooted hair. It will help with articulation and, if done right, will look better than sculpted hair. From Ninja Turtles to this I really like what I'm seeing from Mondo. Can't wait to see what they do with Batman The Animated Series.

I don't want a Barbie doll. Sculpted is JUST FINE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're sculpted hair bros, then!

There will most likely be no rooted hair, unless in some special circumstance I haven't thought of yet.

Back