Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a moment I thought this was 1/6
DSG10235.jpg

And a lot of ideas came to me...

For a moment I thought this was 1/6
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/in/large/DSG10235.jpg[/IMG
And a lot of ideas came to me...[/QUOTE]
There's always that metal letter opener sword from Icon Heroes. Pretty sure that it's at or around 1/6 scale. I might just pick some up for these figures.

Interesting little tidbit from an interview:

CA: You can see these are going to have plenty of articulation, but is that something that will be a hallmark of the 1/6 line, or will it vary license by license?
BO: This is our first out the gate of this style, when we get to something like the Masters of the Universe style, it’ll be a little more realistic, but still super-articulated. I’m bringing a lot of the Japanese-style articulation to it, which is something I really like. This is just the start, and I can’t wait to talk about where we’re going after MotU in a few months. I think we’re making a unique statement on 1/6 scale figures, and they’re going to be a lot less expensive than other stuff on the market right now.

Read More: Mondo Talks About Its Figure Future and TMNT Love [SDCC '15] | Mondo Talks About Its Figure Future and TMNT Love [SDCC '15]

Can't wait to see these. I hope they go the same route as their TMNT line, more "big action figure" than the style we're used to seeing from HT/SS/etc.

I am a wee bit worried about that. I hope it doesn't have really weird knees that look funky when articulated.

Wasn't Brock Otterbacher with Sideshow?

:: googles ::

Ah yes, he was. . . left in 2011.

So yeah, I'm not sure what he means by Japanese style articulation, but it's not like he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Hopefully he doesn't mean diagonal cut-joints everywhere.

First TMNT,now MOTU.My 2 favourite figure lines as a kid so im looking forward to see what they can come up with.I hope they do like they do with the TMNT and make the toys look more like the figures from the 80s.Kinda What Mattel have done their current MOTU line.

Can't wait to see some conceptual pics. After seeing the Turtles I can only imagine how great MOTU will look. I'd love to see some GI Joe RAH and Thundercats in this style. Hell, I'll even take some She-Ra.

After reading the Q&A thread I'm a little worried. Japanese style articulation? Japanese articulation looks ugly on muscle bodies. Sorry, but it just does. Look at the figure below. They will need to add a lot of extra armor and clothing to cover it up if they don't want it to look cheap. I'm wondering what the finishes will look like also. Are these just going to look like bigger shiny plastic-finish versions of the Mattel version with a little more detail with too many ugly joints?
FIGURE-008111.jpgFIGURE-008111.jpg

Back