Molecule8 - 1/6 Scale Willy Wonka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The custom ones have been around, but not huge numbers on either edition, which is why some may not have heard of them. I for one am excited to see Wonka get made again on a larger capacity. The sculptor that worked on this new one has an amazing body of work. I look forward to seeing the full reveal... they definitely have their work cut out for them on the tailoring front.

If this new sculpt turns out better than ours and the clothes are not up to par, I will put the nicer sculpt on our set.

Be that as it may, the Rainman sculpt is not good.

It was spectacular in it's time, but it has not aged well. But the bottom line is that anyone who is a fan of this movie... will have great options.

I love this character so I am excited to see it getting made. Even just for the accessory potential alone... this set will be well worth it.

Everything evolves a few years from now who knows another artist could create another Wonka. The future of 3D printing will guarantee the most accurate detailed lifelike expressions eventually and we will be printing our own figures at home.

I think it's irrelevant who's was better in the past and more important what's going to be better for us collectors in the future. It's exciting to have an option in "unique custom " figures that everyone can afford and still bring quality and enjoyment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always important to know the history of figures, few figures look as good as they did on day one as they do 5 or 10 years later.

I've never loved the RM sculpt, but it's a very impressive figure and people still clearly have a lot of love for it.

What are the odds that this might actually be released this year?

October 2017 appears to be the proposed release date.

I think I'll be using my $140 in SS rewards on this figure, either this or SS Freddy, two of the scariest characters from my childhood lol.

When comparing what is included for each (assuming M8 delivers the goods), and my disappointment with all of the issues my SS Jason figure has (assuming SS craps the bed with Freddy too), it's not even close really.

I think I'll be using my $140 in SS rewards on this figure, either this or SS Freddy, two of the scariest characters from my childhood lol.

When comparing what is included for each (assuming M8 delivers the goods), and my disappointment with all of the issues my SS Jason figure has (assuming SS craps the bed with Freddy too), it's not even close really.

It's a plan.... I am using mine on Jedi Luke....then closing my SS account.

It's a plan.... I am using mine on Jedi Luke....then closing my SS account.

Jedi Luke is on my radar as well, even though I have no other Star Wars figures atm. I can't resist not having Vader, Luke, and the Emperor all together. Seeing Jedi in the theater as a kid, and particularly that scene, made me want to collect Star Wars figures and then just about all other toys ever since then.

Probably do not have the License or own the sculpt anymore....

Photos are still on their forums and social media, so I'm sure it wasn't a rush take down. The only pic I remember seeing on the site itself was of the huge 1:1 bust.

Why wait for day one preorder date?

Just paypal them $500 with a special note saying you want the #1 numbered wonka figure off their assembly line with special notes to r3fund you the remain amount you over paid once the pricing goes up

I can't wait for preorder! Day one PO! August first still I hope !

I'm going to keep an eye on this... has the potential to be something great. I'm surprised Gene (or I guess his family now) gave into this... I always heard he was a 100% NO on any likenesses.

Back