Molecule8 - 1/6 Scale Willy Wonka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next release?
IMG_3559.JPG

Not sure if those are 1:1 scale props or what. These guys have a very peculiar way of operating. But fortunately, there are low risk ways of pre-ordering (BBTS or SSC).

When's this shipping?

Still nothing on Lennon? No pic of the proto of a figure that was supposed to be in hand last week?

On their website for this figure there's a bar at the bottom showing development through October 2017; so I'm assuming that's the planned ship date. For now anyway.

During the podcast interview done by Molecule8s owner he mentioned making a slew of accessories for each figure for testing. Then sending out the best of those with the figure. So I'm not sure we can even be certain what we'll get out of that timeline scroll.

**** me... $250 for all of that?!?

Willy Wonka Figure

• Custom designed Willy Wonka body
• Utilizes Stainless Steel Mark I Endoskeleton
• Two alternate head sculpt expressions
• Variety of signature Wonka hand gestures
• Tailored costume using custom printed fabrics
• Includes accessories from memorable moments
• Oompa Loompa included
• Designer packaging experience
• Custom themed figure stand
• Includes a 1:1 scale replica of the Golden Ticket
• The first 1,000 are sequentially numbered

I want to believe; but it really smacks of too good to be true.

My fear is that it is all true. . .but the final product will be a pale shadow of what is anticipated.

Yeah, but if you think of companies like Art Figures; they can put out a pretty damn complicated high-end figure for under $150. So maybe this company is trying to do the same thing, but adding in a few extra bells and whistles as well as being licensed.

But still, I find it hard to believe and still don't get what this skeleton is supposed to be; will it be covered in silicone like the Phicen?

ThreeZero can put out something complex like Pinhead for a reasonable price (relatively speaking) as well. So, could be they will handle it. But it seems like every company has growing pains dealing with factories and the like. QmX being a recent, high profile example. SSC still hasn't figured that out! To get fantastic production work out the gate in terms of tailoring and paintwork would be very impressive. These ain't all gonna be hand painted like the prototype, and hand sown.

ThreeZero can put out something complex like Pinhead for a reasonable price (relatively speaking) as well. So, could be they will handle it. But it seems like every company has growing pains dealing with factories and the like. QmX being a recent, high profile example. SSC still hasn't figured that out! To get fantastic production work out the gate in terms of tailoring and paintwork would be very impressive. These ain't all gonna be hand painted like the prototype, and hand sown.

I think that Sideshow just doesn't care... the figures and statues sell because most collectors are evidently okay with subpar work. Why improve if you keep making money with shoddy work :huh

That's a big mystery. Endoskeleton seems completely excessive here. But it's kind of cool if it doesn't affect anything else negatively.

I just don't see the point at all in a metal or phicen-type body on a full clothed figure. If you are making Conan or something more scantly clad, then yeah; makes total sense. But a decent base body is all you need here. However, maybe M8 will revolutionize the way I think about 1/6 figures and my collecting habits will forever be changed.

Why would they use a Phicen-type body? The figure is fully clothed.

You'd have to ask the owner. They were talking poseable fingers as well. With all that's at stake and all the skepticism you really start to wonder what we'll get in the end.

I think that Sideshow just doesn't care... the figures and statues sell because most collectors are evidently okay with subpar work. Why improve if you keep making money with shoddy work :huh
One of the big reasons I am rooting for M8 at this point.

Take some of the market from SSC and Hot Toys. Show them what they have been doing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back