Molecule8 - 1/6 Scale Willy Wonka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least with PayPal people are able to get their money back with buyer protection. I imagine if its done through this shopify store there is no protection provided. Not worth the risk there haha.

There is still protection through the credit card, but it seems a little odd that paypal isn't an option anymore.
I wonder if they charge right now or until the product is ready. They are probably charging now.

Last edited:
They're probably getting too many people cancelling with PayPal. I'm... not sure that it's the best choice, though. They've still never delivered a finished product, and without PayPal protection who's going to order?

I don't use paypal for pre-orders due to being charged at the time of the order. I don't feel comfortable using my credit card with M8 yet.

Smart move on their part since people are less likely to cancel on a credit card. It's always been a massive pain in the butt to get a return via credit card, for me at least. Every move they make at this point feels suspicious to me. I think I'll wait to order Wonka when he comes out in three years.

6802d88e153ab306ca7679a9260cce1b2842c3967362ddaeb8b57a0af900b6d3.jpg

Most credit cards only allow you to dispute charges up to 90 days.

There is no way this is shipping with in days from today

Most credit cards only allow you to dispute charges up to 90 days.

There is no way this is shipping with in days from today

That's probably why October 2017 is listed. October is in 90 days. Though I still think it's super weird, that it doesn't explicitly state "Estimated to ship: October 2017". . . it's implied it's shipping at that point, but not really, it's just a date pasted there. They could've said "Estimated to ship: October 2017" but they chose not to. That's the sketchy part, of many things, but the deliberately vague statement. Even though they want to be transparent in showing the development process.

In any case, you'd have to be an absolute moron to pre-order with them.

Jra81984 told me he bought 4 Wonka's, just saying. It was ruff using his credit card while he was doing beard work outs .I cant belive hes got 10k invest in prime one !

I'll be ordering via Thegoodthebadtherobots I prefer the deposit option anyway just make's more sense to me.
No import tax etc and I'm covered also Lee works for Vijay.

Lee's probably the best retailer in the UK so no brainer for UK guys!

Just waiting for it to go up on Pre order on his site. I'll probably grab 2 :)

I'll be ordering via Thegoodthebadtherobots I prefer the deposit option anyway just make's more sense to me.
No import tax etc and I'm covered also Lee works for Vijay.

Lee's probably the best retailer in the UK so no brainer for UK guys!

Just waiting for it to go up on Pre order on his site. I'll probably grab 2 :)

Are you getting a commission? :lol That's two threads.

That makes 2 of us Evil.....

I think I will wait to see the final revolutionary product and order from a retailer....

Sold out it just a way to get OCD collectors to pony up dough early.....

They might as well add the words Limited Edition and Exclusive to the pre order page....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can vouch for Lee being a good retailer, but this is news to me.

In what capacity does he work for M8?

I only recently found out in a conversation with Lee as he told me to hold off buying a 1:6 Piano for a few weeks and then bam tagged me in Molecule8.
I believe he know's a fair bit more than your average retailer. I believe Molecule8 are legit but have just gone the wrong way about selling the product.

When I spoke to Lee he said " They are really pushing for August on Lennon" So we shall see.
Obviously Lee know's more than most of us and I trust him so I'm gonna see where M8 takes us.

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 15.59.52.jpg

Thanks for the update.

So Lee is an official retailer for M8, which is odd because Amerang is listed there as well, and they're usually the ones that exclusively supply all the retailers.

If you are in the UK, Kuat of Kuat, Planet Action Figures and Collectibles Direct also list M8 Lennon and will no doubt have Wonka soon enough. In fact, that Planet Action Figures had Lennon before the others did.

I won't be preordering Wonka because the retailers are only going by what they are being told and if they work for M8 then I trust them even less at the moment.

After everything we have seen so far, why would anyone put any money at all down? Even a deposit? If this turns out good, I'll be buying, but not until it's released or we see a final production figure this time.

The Wonka prototype sculpt looked great...as did the Lennon...we all saw what they displayed but I think the "production" head was so bad that the clothes got a pass...can you imagine what they will do with Wonka'a outfit when you think back to that giant jacket on Lennon...I am finally putting my licensed Travis Bickle dreams to bed...

Why in the world would anyone preorder ANY of these figures at this point? I'm genuinely baffled and perplexed. What is the rush???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why in the world would anyone preorder ANY of these figures at this point? I'm genuinely baffled and perplexed. What is the rush???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. There is no reason to throw any money at this company until they prove they can deliver. If Lennon turns out to be good, then great, hope for Wonka. But they have done nothing to show they know what the hell they are doing.

but who am i to say what to do with your money.

Back