Molecule8 - 1/6 Scale Willy Wonka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the big reasons I am rooting for M8 at this point.

Take some of the market from SSC and Hot Toys. Show them what they have been doing wrong.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:goodpost:

Competition is a good thing.

I'm hoping the Lennon figure comes through well, just to guarantee this one.

I mean I think it's pretty clearly a goal for a release date. It's not like they're going to have a 4 month countdown to start taking preorders.
It's obviously not about taking preorders, but with no full prototype shown off yet, I'm extremely skeptical about this being a countdown to release. If you're right, I suspect they'll start moving it back further and further.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Interested but at $250 from a company I've barely heard of I wouldn't take a chance until it's actually out and reviewed.

One of the big reasons I am rooting for M8 at this point.

Take some of the market from SSC and Hot Toys. Show them what they have been doing wrong.

Same here man. Hot Toys was doing great when they had Enterbay as competition. Since then, they haven't been doing a lot of noteworthy things.

I've been dying for an affordable 1/6 Wonka, and hopefully M8 will give Howard...

Heck, I don't even think we'd be getting more Arkham figures from HT if Prime1's Arkham line hadn't been successful.

What was the quality like of Blitzway's very first figure?

I can't find what their earliest figure was, but I *think* it may have been Scarface? It's the oldest one their official site lists, and it turned out pretty alright.

blitzway-scarface-0041.jpg

Is this really supposed to come with an Oompa as well? Thats awesome if it actually happens.

This will be one of those one off iconic shelf poppers.

I love one off Iconic shelf poppers, have BW Tyler Durden, HT Ex McFly, Storm Mike Tyson YHC, they stand alone. The M8 Lennon is undeniably in that rarefied air.

Last edited:
I also count the Hot Toys Don Vito Corleone as one of those iconic shelf poppers:

godfather_1232021811.jpg

I'm skeptical but I hope this company delivers on what they're promising.

It will be a game changer for the industry if they produce figures on licenses the other 1:6 companies are ignoring or have not resurrected.

The only current alternative for figures like Willy Wonka are expensive customs, with limited production runs.

It will see the light of day but, like the Lennon, let us all hope that it lives up to the claims of M8 and our expectations!

Is it just me or does this look more appealing than Rainman's? And that's going for what these days, 2 grand?

Is this the Rainman Willy Wonka piece you are referring to?

wonka4.jpg

How come I've never heard of this piece?

The custom ones have been around, but not huge numbers on either edition, which is why some may not have heard of them. I for one am excited to see Wonka get made again on a larger capacity. The sculptor that worked on this new one has an amazing body of work. I look forward to seeing the full reveal... they definitely have their work cut out for them on the tailoring front.

Back