MMS83 - Hellboy II – HELLBOY figure Spec and Hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know where to get one of the these...I know they're pretty rare & I've checked the forum, but never find anything (not surprised really)!!!

Anyone know where to get one of the these...I know they're pretty rare & I've checked the forum, but never find anything (not surprised really)!!!

Warning, do not buy this figure, buy BLADE 2 "the holy grail"

Hellboy have, big defects of manufacture. The plastic is melted over time, and joints of the legs, so spontaneously break

danger....................."

Warning, do not buy this figure, buy BLADE 2 "the holy grail"

Hellboy have, big defects of manufacture. The plastic is melted over time, and joints of the legs, so spontaneously break

danger....................."

:dunno

No problems with mine. If he wanted Blade II he'd be posting in the Blade thread not the Hellboy thread.

These run around $300, ask lots of questions, get photos and take a shot....

Hellboy is one of Hot Toys best, IMO

:wave

^^^ I didn't deny that this figure has reported problems, I did STATE that mine presently does not.:wave

I stand by my claim that this is one of Hot Toys finest figures though:peace

I agree. Knees are bad but not much different then any other figure from HT with this knee design. The rest of my figure is tip top.

I agree. Knees are bad but not much different then any other figure from HT with this knee design. The rest of my figure is tip top.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45395&page=77

Ok like so many, my Hellboy's knee has gone south. But I have located the problem. Many have speculated that its the red plastic that is causing the failures, but in fact its not. The knee on a Hellboy's body is not the standard knee that you find on a TrueType. The knee on HB is much thinner and instead of a solid center chunk of plastic its actually an "S" shape that the pivot point screw onto from the side.

The knee is pivoting on the screw section which eventually breaks loose.

As you can see the area that the screw attaches has torn free. And the base plastic is really thin. The TrueType knee piece is solid and runs through the middle of the section that fits inside the knee.

Basically the HB knee has half the plastic and looks half as thick. No wonder these things are breaking. It also looks like the screw is the swivel point which means constant motion is going to shred the connection point.

Well there you have it, old HB is a little weak in the knees.

Love my HB but that is just bad design. Especially with the rubber upper body that is heavy. Too weak to handle that much pressure.

img20110221220509.jpg

img20110221220353.jpg

img20110221221333.jpg

I agree about the design. Its not just HB that had these knees. It was the early design HT used before moving to the current design.

I got a good look, but when I want to move his legs straight broken instantly, how shocked and so I hiked his pants, his pants were torn too..any idea with his pants?

By the way Robbie, you were right while removing the stuck peg from the inside , the left knee broke. Any idea how to fix that too :)

Damn, do I wish I just left this figure alone, its falling apart before me.

Last edited:
I'm afraid when I eventually display this bad boy, it will be damaged. I've had it stored in my closet since it came out. No room to display yet. I'm afraid to check it out right now. gulp. But I'm glad to own him since I love the movie

Put a thread up in the WTB section looking for this guy as well as Abe. Hoping I might be able to get at least HB for a price I can live with myself for.

Really wish I would have kept my preorder for them back in the day...

This is the one of the only older HT figures that I'd truly love to have. The price and the knees keep me away. But damn this is one helluva impressing figure.

Which wrist peg would be compatible with Hellboy's left hand (it has a large ball-joint)? Was trying to search TA and Monkey Depot.

By the way Robbie, you were right while removing the stuck peg from the inside , the left knee broke. Any idea how to fix that too :)

Damn, do I wish I just left this figure alone, its falling apart before me.

Its really easy, you just need to get a replacement knee. I switched both of mine at the same time so I wouldn't have to do it later.

Would you happen to have a link to where I can get one? I also need a replacement peg for the hand, but I am not sure which one would be compatible.

Would you happen to have a link to where I can get one? I also need a replacement peg for the hand, but I am not sure which one would be compatible.

same here :gah:

I think the same peg is what I am looking for my King Leonadis ??

any 1 know where I can pick up 1 of these long wrist / hand pegs :pray:

Back