MMS83 - Hellboy II – HELLBOY figure Spec and Hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure the knock offs will work. The gluing option won't work. The problem with those early knees was the screw was part of the pivot and so it would tear the very thin plastic. Just a really bad design compounded by the weaker red plastic. I replaced both of mine knees.

Does anybody know how to fix HT Hellboy's left wrist? I was swapping out hands so he could hold Big Baby. Now the whole joint feels like it's broken. He can't hold up Big Baby now, the wrist just sags under the weight.

I'm pretty sure the knock offs will work. The gluing option won't work. The problem with those early knees was the screw was part of the pivot and so it would tear the very thin plastic. Just a really bad design compounded by the weaker red plastic. I replaced both of mine knees.

Ah I see.

What Kind of body should I buy?
Any kind of TTB?
I still have that separate TT20 Arnie body.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Custom-Narr...5266?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item33847d6ff2

548397_440097176074434_852172691_n.jpg

These are the newer knees. If they dont work you can alway switch out the whole leg and you are fine. But I am pretty sure robbiethepainter will confirm wether those wll fit or not. :)

No problem. I just found an older HEadplay body with one broken knee joint. The other one is still good. You can have it, if it helps. But Id suggest switching both joints to end this ennoying chapter once and for all. :lol

Well, I have the spare TTM20 so I'll try that first.
If it doesn't work I would like to come back to your offer. :)

To take out the joint, would you suggest to soften up the leg with hot water first???

Ok like so many, my Hellboy's knee has gone south. But I have located the problem. Many have speculated that its the red plastic that is causing the failures, but in fact its not. The knee on a Hellboy's body is not the standard knee that you find on a TrueType. The knee on HB is much thinner and instead of a solid center chunk of plastic its actually an "S" shape that the pivot point screw onto from the side.

IMG_20110221_220509.jpg

The knee is pivoting on the screw section which eventually breaks loose.

IMG_20110221_220353.jpg

As you can see the area that the screw attaches has torn free. And the base plastic is really thin. The TrueType knee piece is solid and runs through the middle of the section that fits inside the knee.

IMG_20110221_221333.jpg

Basically the HB knee has half the plastic and looks half as thick. No wonder these things are breaking. It also looks like the screw is the swivel point which means constant motion is going to shred the connection point.

Well there you have it, old HB is a little weak in the knees.

Love my HB but that is just bad design. Especially with the rubber upper body that is heavy. Too weak to handle that much pressure.

Judging from these pics I would say the body I have linked is at least worth a try.

Thanks gor the Info. You're a great help. :)

Its Saturday"morning", the wife is off with the care to hunt some food in the supermarket. What better to help fixing a stupid knee joint. And I disagree: the DX1 has a great PERS. People were just not able to handle it correctly. When it isnt moved, it will kind of rest in its position. Therefore you will have to start moving it slowly... But in the end it doenst matter anymore because we have all put this figure to the parts bin because of DX11.

Already switched the knees?

Nope, I am at work and will do that probably this weekend or some night next week when my lil boy is in bed.

The connecting rod between the DX01s eyes was crap, it just completely broke on my figure and I couldn't fix it.
That's sad since I like the HS even more than the DX11s.
But I'll probably sell my DX01 since I realized that I don't need two Jokers in my collection.

You might be right.

Selling DX01? I thought about this myself, but when I realized what it is going for I figured to just to keep it. Its always the same with selling these stupid Barbies. Especially if you are from Germany/Europe in general you have problems to sell these at a fair price...

Does anybody know how to fix HT Hellboy's left wrist? I was swapping out hands so he could hold Big Baby. Now the whole joint feels like it's broken. He can't hold up Big Baby now, the wrist just sags under the weight.

Back