1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

Probably go up for PO during SDCC and ship in September. That's how last years worked anyway.

I couldn't remember how soon Rescue Cap shipped... It seemed like it was only about a month after the show though? Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

Sallah

Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

Just catching up on this. Wow. can we say dead stock repaint?! Glad everyone can get one now but I'm not feeling it at all. Viva and Surfers Supes destroy this!

The inspiration? You be the judge!

null_zps3a391fe4.jpg

null_zpsaa76945c.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/oAMJ0Gv6R-s[/ame]

I like it! Won't be buying it though. The cost of the original was high enough and I'm sure this will be higher. I dig the exclusive overall but just not a fan of Superman III enough to warrant spending over $200 on this.

The customs are definitely better. Even with them just being MMS152 heads aswell they carry off the 'evil' effect so much better.

Didn't see this coming.

I'll probably be getting it, a welcome addition. Though, those customs are definitely a lot better then what HT is offering.

Maybe I should start clean-shaving again. People might think I'm evil. Wait, no. That's only if I also bow my head and turn my eyes up in a sinister way.

I am on the fence about this one...I am a sucker for Reeve Superman. I just wish they altered the face sculpt to get a diff expression. At least money from this figure goes to the Christopher Reeve foundation.

........fixed

very cool!!! love the idea of the evil Reeve Superman for a limited edition exclusive. the first Reeve is one of the their best figures IMO so more Reeve is a good thing. It will sell out easily if its only 600 pieces. Hope I can get one!!!

The darkened evil suit is cool because its one of the only variants you can do with Reeves Superman suit. There were really only very slight differences to his suit from all his movies most you cant even see, but this was one of the more obvious differences. The capes they made for Superman the Movie were still being used on the later sequels or some stunt capes had no S on the back. So this is a cool variant i think for Reeve collectors.

Yah would be nice to get Zod or someone else from these films, but maybe in due time.

Freaks are freaks. they will complain about anything. People who love Superman and the Reeve movies will be very happy. If not, then move on and don't buy it. No reason to get all bent out of shape. They arent forcing you. Just move on if your not interested.

Skipping all the exclusive. Not worth to buy. This is the only 1 out of 3 I may consider, simply becoz I'm a superman fan.

But probably skip.

Cool that they're offering this... but I think they should have at least changed the expression a bit and gone a bit further with the stubble and differences in the color of the suit.

The custom versions I've seen of this are far superior looking.

I bet the difficulty in capturing his likeness was a big reason for no re-sculpt. If you remember he was initially supposed to be a DX figure, and then there were numerous delays, and I think the likeness issue played a major role there. . .too bad HT didn't draw the same conclusion with some of their other DX releases --*cough*Indiana Jones*cough--but. . .

Yea, not excited about the 3 exclusives this year at all.

Just watched the evil Superman scenes for fun. It almost looks like his suit needs to be a little bit darker. His head sculpt also should be a little different. His hair needs to be a little less kept too. His S curl is almost non existent in the movie.

I would love this figure if it came with a Clark Kent sculpt for him to battle with haha.

I am all about this figure as a new release. I just wished they put the little extra effort to make it a really nice interpretation.

This hobby is a little expensive for companies to expect people to buy repaints. It'll be interesting to see if this sells. The price could be lower since there are no extra tooling costs associated with it. Could be.

This hobby is a little expensive for companies to expect people to buy repaints. It'll be interesting to see if this sells. The price could be lower since there are no extra tooling costs associated with it. Could be.

There were yen prices listed in those original magazine scans... If I remember right, Cap was the cheapest and Supes and Colton were the same price? I can't remember for sure though...

Sallah

Also, something to expect of every transformer MP that is released. Granted, not a expensive, but I guess reusing mods is a thing.

Back