MMS200 - Man Of Steel - Customizations/Modifications Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got a picture of theirs with the Tony cape but without the neck collar mod?

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

current mods:
Neck/collar mod
repainted pipes on body
repainted gauntlets
repainted cape collar.
Dyed cape to match boots and emblem
wired cape (coming soon)

so I finally finished my neck mod. I decided to re attach the stock cape., and will be running some wire through it tomorrow. Even though with the neck mod the stock cape sits much lower, but it still doesn't sit as nice as tony's so the change doesn't look that dramatic in my opinion. The stock cape is just too bulky. ill be keeping it if the wire makes it look nice when I test it out tomorrow.

This is beautiful!
What kind of paint and color did you use on the gauntlets and pipes?

Ok mine is finally done and in drying position lol...got the piping on the suit done which is wut I've been dreading and it actually wasn't that bad. It's almost perfect in hand...Dark blue bt when light hits it it has the metallic look...I'm happy now and no more black to distract me hahaha....will put up a pic when it's done drying.....

Thank you! I actually used folk art metallic pearl blue, metallic black, and masters touch ultramarine blue.

It looks great, man!
You should start taking commissions. I would definitely be interested!

I actually got time as of now shoot me a pm. I am pretty known for custom 6 inch dbz figuarts but im getting into the 1/6 scale. I've done an assajj ventress that came out really good so far, I got more customs in mind but no money since so many figures are coming out and I am playing the catch up game.

Alright guys so here is my final product till tony makes a wired cape.

Mods

Piping painted to match movie
Collar painted to match movie
Neck mod
Cape fully wired/darkened
calves stuffed (no more chicken legs)

Does anyone think a customizer is going to put out smaller scale head sculpt that looks like the stock head? I have a head Play sculpt but I didn't realize it was too big for my uses. I also know one customizer (I can't remember their name) put out an unpainted head (Bar has a painted version) and it looks OK but not as screen accurate as the stock. There is also a head and neck version put out by HeadPlay (not sure if it is the same head play) but it looks almost goofy. I've never paid for a commission sculpt so I don't know what is a reasonable price or not. At this rate my only hope is that SS or DAM will put out a figure with a Cavill-ish sculpt that I can pick up loose.

My latest
The symbol looks more screen accurate in person, camera makes it look lighter

Last edited:
Here is mine
umeme6yh.jpg

ubeba9un.jpg

du4a5e2u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ I just mixed metallic blue and metallic black acrylic paints from walmart. Pretty basic, but I'm happy with the color I got.

Thats pretty neat! I will keep it in mind next time I stop by Walmart. Thanks again.

My WIP, IMO my repaint of the S was just not quite there. So I decided to try this.

I used this as a base and later will add yellow again

Ironic as soon as I used this base coat the red seemed to pop out more to screen accuracy .

Here's a different view under a light

Finished the cape mod. Kept the stock cape on cause I like the pleats. Did not attempt to paint since I am not comfortable doing that myself. I think it still a drastic improvement regardless. Here's a pic I made up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 405
Back