MMS200 - Man Of Steel - Customizations/Modifications Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took pics of the modern life sculpt on the HT body. Anyone who wants to see that, PM me and i'll send pics.
In the meantime:

16CDE522-03AF-4AD7-AF6B-8FEF46E51AD5.jpg

5323E889-C115-4552-ACC1-F9B60BE38411.jpg

8BF0D604-8F25-4928-8EB0-8B6262113E00.jpg

So I am REALLY new to this figure and all the mods. I purchased Tonys cape but I am interested in reducing the size just a little. Any simple suggestions? I am thinking the shorter ankle pegs is one???

The detailing on the piping looks amazing! And you did that freehand?

Spiderbo, I think people switched out the ankle pegs with Jor-el's to reduce the height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. All piping was done freehand. It also helps that I repainted the S as well blends in more with the piping.

Normal light

Last edited:
Yup. All piping was done freehand. It also helps that I repainted the S as well blends in more with the piping.

Normal light

what color paint did you used? thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The mod has begun.

stage 1: Cape Removal - Fairly simple, just be careful around the glue spots.

Stage 2: Inner Collar Removal. It is a bit more difficult as there are more spots with glue. Patience is key and you should be able to get it out without breaking open the suit.

Stage 3: Outer Collar Removal. Even more patience and be very careful as you peel this up from the suit, a hairdryer can aid in the process.

Stage 4: Hollow Out Outer Collar. Used exacto knife and small scissors to hollow this out. Decide here if you want to paint it or not, because once it is back on, painting would be a pain.

I still have to paint the collar along with the wrist gauntlets and trim the suit to make the symbol closer to the collar. Tony's cape is still a couple of weeks away, so I have some time. I'll post more pics along the way.

Note for newbies - This is my very first mod on a 1/6 figure. I do not have 2 of these either, this is my only one. I can say that after getting this far with no major blunders, my confidence in pulling this off has gone up quite a bit. Just take your time.

So I am going to try this mod myself. What will you use to attach the collar back to the suit, just superglue?

Yep. You don't have to glue the entire frame of the collar. Just tap a bit on the edges and the middle. It'll make removing the collar easier if you have to. I just glued the front side to allow the part of the traps to be exposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone can post a vidéo of the Inner collar removable without opening the suit?
I have trouble seeing how its done.

Anyone can post a vidéo of the Inner collar removable without opening the suit?
I have trouble seeing how its done.

While not a video, I posted (post #30) a series of photos of the beginning stages of the mod. I first cut the outer collar at the center of the back, then loosened it with a hairdryer to warm the glue. Once that was moved out of the way, I was able to make a series of small cuts on the inner collar at the center of the back. It took a series of cuts so I wouldn't cut into his suite. Once the inner collar was split with those cuts, it's heating and gently pulling and then repeating the process. The suit stretches more than you think it will but still be careful. Hope some of that was helpful. Good luck.

Thanks for that.
I managed to remove both collars.
Now im gonna cut the outre collar.
For now i Will use the stock cape but at least it Will not look all puffy.
Pretty scary but damn it looks already much better.

Got my tracking on Tony's cape it's on the way!:clap

I hope it works well with my custom

Urgh no way to put back the stock cape on....

Edit
Well instead of gluing the cape back as it was i used pins like for tonys custom cape and it works fine.
Need to find better pins tho.
Will probably end up getting tony ´s cape :)

Last edited:
crappy phone quality but playing with app effects for my modded MOS figure :)
its looks much better in person.. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back