MMS200 - Man Of Steel - Customizations/Modifications Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painting has commenced on the piping of the suit. Not as bad as I was expecting. Pics either tomorrow or Thursday.

Cool... can't wait to see. I don't have the huevos to try it. I was thinking of airbrushing the gauntlets a metallic blue, but then I would need to paintthe piping for sure.

Great job!:clap
Truly improves the overall look and accuracy

Thanks for the kind words. I think I'm gonna drybrush another coat in the next couple of days and call it good. HT nailed this IMO, but these mods simply push this figure over the top!

Just for fun!!!!!!

IMG_3215.JPGIMG_3216.JPG

looks like the medicom supes returns suit ,and hot toys boots ,stretchy suit though ,if it fits the tichy medi body and the massive mos body

I got a stack of custom decals in today. Some for me, some for my Brother(He doesn't want to use the large stands for his MOS Superman and Jor El, nor Evil Superman).
A couple are for figures still in progress, but i was able to put "Joe" on his base, Kara on hers and Clark Kent on a Daily Planet base.
Now to get to work on the tattered trousers for "Greenhorn"...

3AE9ED1B-881E-4082-B749-7D0172F4E8D5.jpg

1C48B5FD-BF49-460C-B4CF-F3EBBE5F438C.jpg

E341B7E8-A96C-44C1-92D4-A4FFB2BED3B0.jpg

308F737B-A732-4261-89E3-E527E636F23C.jpg

0A36E9B8-22B4-4297-A524-36BCB995D622.jpg

65142CA8-0993-457F-BB05-3B6054993331.jpg

FE5E6325-8D4B-44E0-B4F9-0F6366D4D724.jpg

EBFFC87D-0AB4-460F-8E3B-82DBF616B35E.jpg

Those kick *** Bar. Now all you need is the name of the bar he worked at and a nameplate that days "Sweetie".

Those kick *** Bar. Now all you need is the name of the bar he worked at and a nameplate that days "Sweetie".

Thanks! He's wearing the same white top he wears as Joe though, and never gets a namecheck. I read the novel, just to be sure(If he got a name as Greenhorn, i would have used that too)
Actually, i have one for that look. Kind of. The same clothing anyway.
It's a secret though, till i get the figure together...

Thanks! He's wearing the same white top he wears as Joe though, and never gets a namecheck. I read the novel, just to be sure(If he got a name as Greenhorn, i would have used that too)
Actually, i have one for that look. Kind of. The same clothing anyway.
It's a secret though, till i get the figure together...

Yup. Just need an apron and a bar towel.

Hmmm...just realized I don't think I've posted any contribution on this thread.

Mods:
Painted the suit's piping
Painted the gauntlets
Painted the hair black
Painted the belt
Shoulder mod
Replaced with Tony's cape

Remy, if you get a chance, could you get a pic of supes in better light? I'm mainly looking for how the black hair repaint went. I've been thinking about it, but I'm not sure. Did you just go with a flat black?

Remy, if you get a chance, could you get a pic of supes in better light? I'm mainly looking for how the black hair repaint went. I've been thinking about it, but I'm not sure. Did you just go with a flat black?

I just used Tamiya Black. It does have a slight gloss to it.
I darkened the hair, then did a reverse highlight...where instead of normally lightening areas to highlight, I darkened some areas even more instead.
But even if you dont do this method and just paint the hair black, I highly recommend this mod cause in the movie, he had jet black hair. So it brings out the likeness even more.
I'll try to take pics Monday.

Back