MMS200 - Man Of Steel - Customizations/Modifications Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just used Tamiya Black. It does have a slight gloss to it.
I darkened the hair, then did a reverse highlight...where instead of normally lightening areas to highlight, I darkened some areas even more instead.
But even if you dont do this method and just paint the hair black, I highly recommend this mod cause in the movie, he had jet black hair. So it brings out the likeness even more.
I'll try to take pics Monday.

Thanks, greatly appreciate the tips. Looking forward to the pics.

Pulled the trigger on tonys cape. Bought dx09 and dx12 capes as well. Tony likes me today. Ha

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'm also looking forward to the pictures. I was a bit bummed out at the Cavill heads sculpt size (as I was about the whole body), but I just realized that we will probably get a smaller sized head sculpt based on Cavill's role in the Man from U.N.C.L.E. I envision some company making a Solo figure so I plan to use that eventual head sculpt for a MOS figure.

Not sure if anyone have asked about this, but what is the best method for repainting the gauntlet and collar? Do you guys put primer on it first or paint it straight away?

I just bought tamiya X-13 Metalic blue color, it seems like a perfect color for them, just need to add a little bit more black to it I suppose. However, I tried to paint a black surface and I can't really see any difference to the surface let alone if I add black to it. If, I add a primer first I'm afraid it's gonna make the gauntlet and collar too thick :dunno. I need some advice on this.

Not sure if anyone have asked about this, but what is the best method for repainting the gauntlet and collar? Do you guys put primer on it first or paint it straight away?

I just bought tamiya X-13 Metalic blue color, it seems like a perfect color for them, just need to add a little bit more black to it I suppose. However, I tried to paint a black surface and I can't really see any difference to the surface let alone if I add black to it. If, I add a primer first I'm afraid it's gonna make the gauntlet and collar too thick :dunno. I need some advice on this.

Mine took 2 coats of paint and I'm probably going to do a light third coat because I noticed some missed spots upon closer inspection. I haven't heard if anybody primed it or not. I don't believe many did.

What is the best way to remove the MOS costume? Simply cutting down the middle? I have a spar headless, footless, and handless MOS figure and want to switch up the body with a KP Athletik figure.

What is the best way to remove the MOS costume? Simply cutting down the middle? I have a spar headless, footless, and handless MOS figure and want to switch up the body with a KP Athletik figure.

Just cut a few of the threads in the rear stitched area.
The rest will come loose with a bit of gentle pulling.
I put a TTM20 in the suit and although i have received criticism of it, i think it looks great, and he is now mostly the same height as the other figures on my Superman shelf, lol.
What are you doing with the stock body if you are switching it out?

Mine took 2 coats of paint and I'm probably going to do a light third coat because I noticed some missed spots upon closer inspection. I haven't heard if anybody primed it or not. I don't believe many did.

Thank you for the reply.
Having second thought about painting them though, hmmm...

Just cut a few of the threads in the rear stitched area.
The rest will come loose with a bit of gentle pulling.
I put a TTM20 in the suit and although i have received criticism of it, i think it looks great, and he is now mostly the same height as the other figures on my Superman shelf, lol.
What are you doing with the stock body if you are switching it out?

Thanks for the tip. Your TTM20 looks fine to me. In fact, if my experiment does not work, I plan to replicate your work. I'm going to also wire the stock cape. Tony Mei's capes look great but I prefer a wire cape. As for the body, I plan to either convert that to a custom Thor body or keep it as a spare in case something happens to my completed MOS.

I got a snag I my stock cape... would any of you who replaced your capes be willing to let you stock cape go (for a reasonable price)? Need one that wasn't damaged when removed.

Just fitted Tony's cape. A vast improvement, the stock looks awful in comparison. Thanks Tony greatly appreciated!

image.jpg excuse the rubbish iPad quality.

For those that have removed the MOS costume completely, did you have trouble removing the "S" glyph and the button inserted into the figure? I am going to remove the costume this weekend and I am pretty nervous about it.

Finally got a chance to take some pics of my modded MoS figure! I was not a huge fan of the film, but not for a lack of Superman looking totally badass, so I had to have this figure.

Some DC group shots...

For those that have removed the MOS costume completely, did you have trouble removing the "S" glyph and the button inserted into the figure? I am going to remove the costume this weekend and I am pretty nervous about it.

may i ask why are you removing the suit?

Back