MMS200 - Man Of Steel - Customizations/Modifications Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watch tony's video every couple of days just to see the wired cape he is working on and I cant wait to get it so I can mod my figure!

Tony is making a wired cape?????
Damn i would have liked to know that before ordering the regular...

Had to Mod the second one, could't stand it anymore. Thanks again Tony!

This time I repainted the Symbol a different method

Last edited:
Now that is Superman!

Way back then we used to get great figures from HT straight out of the box but lately we have to mod to get the "proper" or "accurate" look. Thanks to you modders this hobby has become way more "hands-on" to me than it used to LOL

Great pics guyver!

In not offering the wire cape, it's no where near my standard at the moment......

Ok cool so its still a WIP.
Thanks for the précisions.
Also Tony what color did you used to repaint the collar?
Is like to repaint the fleshy color you get when you cut the color.
Is it gun metal?

Last edited:
Now that is Superman!

Way back then we used to get great figures from HT straight out of the box but lately we have to mod to get the "proper" or "accurate" look. Thanks to you modders this hobby has become way more "hands-on" to me than it used to LOL

Capes were always an issue with hot toys, and the figures are still seriously already awesome as they are right of the box.

Standard day mid morning

Maybe I went too dark with the S. And a little to strong with the piping.

HAPPY VALENTINE"S DAY FELLOW FREAKS!

Last edited:
Tony, I was about to contact you about the status of my cape when this arrived at my door today! One word, fantastic! Your mod and custom cape truly elevates this figure and makes him my favourite 1/6 figure that I have. :clap

DSC_0507_zps6af9f680.jpg

DSC_0505_zps8e8e6a1d.jpg

DSC_0515_zps04e7da4c.jpg

Tony is making a wired cape?????
Damn i would have liked to know that before ordering the regular...

I think you made the right call in ordering the first one he made, as he just has a prototype and the other one can take months to perfect :D

Cape has arrived! Thanks Tony

Wow. I'm impressed with this mod. Just looking at it side by side I know I absolutely have to do this mod when mine comes in. It's like day and night. Thanks for the links to the videos. It's gonna help a lot.

What's wrong with the one on the left? The S symbol and gauntlets look really messed up. Is that how you got it?

I think that's just the paint used to make the lines on the suit and the S more "accurate." The problem is that it doesn't seem to adhere very well. (Or at least it appears that way.)

current mods:
Neck/collar mod
repainted pipes on body
repainted gauntlets
repainted cape collar.
Dyed cape to match boots and emblem
wired cape (coming soon)

so I finally finished my neck mod. I decided to re attach the stock cape., and will be running some wire through it tomorrow. Even though with the neck mod the stock cape sits much lower, but it still doesn't sit as nice as tony's so the change doesn't look that dramatic in my opinion. The stock cape is just too bulky. ill be keeping it if the wire makes it look nice when I test it out tomorrow.

I felt like cutting this under collar made it a lot easier then emarae's video. I def suggest this.

Last edited:
Back