MMS121 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
26249_395210977824_171015147824_3988988_6091319_n.jpg

Great find Centrocal! I really like this one, it cements my decision to purchase this figure.

It is my own opinion that this figure is just about as close to perfect as is possible with current figure technology. Maybe in the future we will have the miniaturized flesh-and-blood clones that will bleed, heal, and obey our commands to change poses, but I imagine that to be a ways off.

I like the sculpt...but I expect that it will not look as good after the production paint much like the Tony Stark portraits on the IM1 figures. But I am OK with that, as I always say...I do not care if the likeness is perfect to the actor as long as it represents the character well. And I also believe that it is the paint and not the sculpts that cause that. So even though I don't require the likeness to be perfect, I still feel like a lot of these figures have perfect sculpts under paint apps that didn't quite do the job.

The electrical arcs can be done in so many ways that I am good with and I simply see no reason to dog on them.

I like the color of the pants better with the brown than with the "screen-accurate" orange. And I could not care less about that level of screen accuracy.

And I have a strong preference to not have rubber material anywhere on my figures. We have seen that fail on too many figures already. Yes...I do prefer better articulation over the aesthetics of the rubber cover as well...particularly since the sculpted plastic mannequin still looks really damned good. And on that aspect...it is common knowledge that materials like rubber are much more porous than plastic and plastic allows for better detail on things like the intricately detailed tattoos on this figure. It can be done well on rubber...but I am willing to bet that the smallest details of the tattoos on Whiplash would not show on the rubber cover. I'll throw in as an afterthought that the rubber material is also a lot easier to damage than the plastic.

Now, these are all just my own preferences and I am not offering them as an attempt to change the opinions of anyone who disagrees with them. I'm just sharing.:D And there are actually things that I wish the technology were better for such as hair. I really wish there was a material tha could be posed or styled (or whatever you may want to call it) according to the pose of the figure and would work with any length of hair...maybe when the mini-clones are being displayed on the shelf.

Hello everyone!
I am new member to the forum. I am a frog, so sorry for my poor command of English.
Small color corrections and other ... I think it is closer to reality now and thus we can better distinguish some details, right?
Finally ... If your screen is calibrated lol :D

(As it is a first for me, hopefully I have not done misoperation)

Just don't buy it, I highly doubt and HOPE ht does not change the tt body they used...

there we go, confirms that ht has taken the right direction... Sometimes people complain for the sake of complaining you know :rolleyes:
one guy stated his opinion and you took that as confirmation? sometimes people complain because they see things different. and to be honest, i always have low opinion of people who says "just dont buy it" to those they disagree with. but that's just my opinion, dont take it as confirmation of anything. okay? ;)

Hello everyone!
I am new member to the forum. I am a frog, so sorry for my poor command of English.
Small color corrections and other ... I think it is closer to reality now and thus we can better distinguish some details, right?
Finally ... If your screen is calibrated lol :D

(As it is a first for me, hopefully I have not done misoperation)

Lookin' good Baloo! Et bienvenue sur le forum!

one guy stated his opinion and you took that as confirmation? sometimes people complain because they see things different. and to be honest, i always have low opinion of people who says "just dont buy it" to those they disagree with. but that's just my opinion, dont take it as confirmation of anything. okay? ;)

ok but in this situation, ht picked the better alternative for the body. I don't see anything to complain about, that's why I stated don't buy it. Changing the body would just make it worst in terms of the figure lasting. If you want great articulation and don't want the figure to be ruined, why would you pick the rubber body instead? That rubber body worked for leonidas since he has barely any armor but for something like this, with all the armor, that rubber tt ain't going to last long.

Originally Posted by Dark_Spidey
Lookin' good Baloo! Et bienvenue sur le forum!

lol... But then, I am not the only Frog on this thread?! Merci Dark_Spidey!
And though some say, I find that this figure is superb... Yet I am by nature difficult. Defects, one can find everywhere... So, is it better to see the glass half empty or half full, mmmh? :google
To meditate friends :D

HT figures can be so unpredictable. Low pre-orders for that reason could result in lower numbers made and making him even more expensive later on. Anyone remember the V2 Batman Begins outfit for the Dark Knight? Since DCD didn't import that one, far fewer were made and now he is $$$. I'm not saying Whiplash will be the new Original Costume Batman, but I wouldn't count on finding him cheaper later on.

Looks good. But in all honesty the colour of the pants dont bother me that much. Annoying but it isnt a deal breaker for me. Does look better though

... Here is a small translation aproximate of the article on.cc (it is what it is ...):
"Iron Man Extravaganza more
In addition to Mark Ⅳ and Whiplash, as with the movie release, HT invited several designers to jointly create their own special version of Iron Man, and next week in "Iron Man. Heat. Innovation." Exhibition, it was reported participating works up more than 20 workers in toy fan or design can be an eye-opener."

Never heard of that before. The stand looks wickedly funky though!

Is this another one of those gun metal grey Iron Man variants thats not part or based on any movie? what was it, silly thing or something?...

Back