MMS121 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO the joints are a non-issue on this particular figure - theres a lot of stuff there to distract from and conceal much of them, such as all those straps. I think it looks fantastic in spite of those few visible joints. If the flesh looks as realistic as it does on Wolverine I just don't think most casual observers will look at it and go 'nice...but those articulation points ruin it'. They'll see an overall excellent figure.

Having said that I don't think I'll be buying it for my own budgetary reasons. If money was nothing to worry about I'd probably buy up all these Iron Man figures.

Whats limited about it? the way people buy these they become scarce fast, of course dependant on the demand for such and such character.

Also what's with this lame excuse.

"**According to Marvel, there are legal implications regarding the orange-color of the pants as shown in the movie. Therefore, the pants’ color in merchandise would vary from that in the movie and would be tuned to brown color accordingly"

Colour is a copyright now?

Also what's with this lame excuse.

"**According to Marvel, there are legal implications regarding the orange-color of the pants as shown in the movie. Therefore, the pants’ color in merchandise would vary from that in the movie and would be tuned to brown color accordingly"

Great marketing idea by HT. Keeping fans in the loop keeps us happy. Marvel on the other hand with all their legal implications / approvals which I understand is :mad:.

No one can copyright colour though. So I don't see what legal implications there is with that.

Colour is a copyright now?

so...in that case, will the ht mark IV or VI be blue and green for the finished product?

That would be awesome!

We need to spam Hot Toys' Facebook page and MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Does anyone notice something "different" with the upper legs above the knees? I mean, if you look at the rip in the the pants, right above the knee, it's like the leg is wider. Almost looks like they using the new leg/thigh appliance attachment that was on their VIP TrueType figure. Just caught my eye.

I just don't think most casual observers will look at it and go 'nice...but those articulation points ruin it'. They'll see an overall excellent figure.
exactly why ht choose this route instead of bothering with the rubber skin route. it's easy(er), and people wont care anyway. it's purely a business driven decision. to me, it looks like the most toyish figure ht has done since... well, since all those preds.

Yeah, I'm not understanding that.

no one is understanding that.

See, you guys all look at Leonidas and say "Oh anythings possible now" but the thing is.....Leonidas isn't wearing a shirt ! Hes got nothing restricting movement. When you look at figures like Dutch or Stars Chris Redfield, you see lots of people complaining about the arms not being able to hold the position they want or move freely.

The fact is a full rubber muscle body would have completely gimped this figure. Most muscle figures have had loose clothes or tank tops. Not like a complicated harness with moving parts

if that "complicated harness with moving parts" can fit into a tt body, it can fit into a rubberskin body.

"leonidas isn't wearing a shirt!"

are you serious? what's that got to do with anything??? can his arms be lifted up? can they bend at the elbows? like i said, excuses excuses...

It takes a bit more force to bend the elbows and joints of the muscle body than it does a regular jointed true type. I think this figure would be harder to pose with a rubber body and that endo frame. A little slip and a endo arm is history.

to elaborate on this "easy(er)" approach i mentioned.. the tt body obviously allows for separate limbs to be attached AFTER the harness has been put in place. it makes for easier assembly. with rubber skin body the whole body is intact, making it harder to assemble the harness on it. that's the reason ht chose this approach. it has nothing to do with better articulations, i think.

and how does whiplash need to be posed anyway? is he a gymnast? a ballerina perhaps? what is good enough for leonidas is good enough for whiplash.

Leonidas doesn't have a plastic endo frame around him. Those tats wouldn't last as long on him either.

He needs to move as much as he does in the film. Kinda like Sideshows Mummy figure. Sure he looks great, but he can't cross his arms over his check so it's a failure.

It's still a action figure no matter how much HT charges for it.

Comparisons with Leonidas are inaccurate. Regarding the ability of the figure to raise its arms above its head, while it seems it's able to be done with Leo, HT recommends that you don't due to risk of tearing the body. It looks to me like Whiplash is a character that would be greatly hampered by imposing similar restrictions. As for the tattoos, paint is incredibly easily rubbed off rubber bodies. The exoskeleton would be far too likely to rub off the tattoos on an all-rubber body.

I'm all for aesthetics over poesability - I would have much preferred my Wolverine to have an all-rubber torso and arms - but to use Leonidas as a comparison of "it can be done with no problems" is inaccurate.

I'd rather have exposed joints than a rubber body you have to be so careful with. It's just a preference.

I know there has been some debate on the reason for the colour change on the trousers, well I asked and it is indeed for legal reasons, Marvel instructed them not to use the orange and replace it with brown, strange, but there ya go!.

Back