MMS121 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta be honest...I'm shocked that anyone would look at this figure and say HT took the easy route or cheaped out.

It's just a preference.

BINGO!!! We have a winner...........The conversations regarding muscular vs various TT is nothing more than personal preference.

Beyond arguing about personal preferences what is the point? HT is not going to change the type of body, geeez.

Let's get back on track discussing the jumpsuit color or the plastic eletric thingys. :lol

I know there has been some debate on the reason for the colour change on the trousers, well I asked and it is indeed for legal reasons, Marvel instructed them not to use the orange and replace it with brown, strange, but there ya go!.

I see that in the Hot Toys pictures, the jump suit is burnt, dirty, and ripped exposing more of the exoskeleton on the legs, maybe this is what Whiplash looks like after his fight with IM explaining the color variation. Or maybe it's so it doesn't make Mickey Rourke look like a prison inmate in figure form. :lol

So do you think the harness will stay like it is in the preview, with all the pieces and parts? Or will it get molded into a more simplified rig? Some of the close up shots are extremely complex.

Comparisons with Leonidas are inaccurate. Regarding the ability of the figure to raise its arms above its head, while it seems it's able to be done with Leo, HT recommends that you don't due to risk of tearing the body. It looks to me like Whiplash is a character that would be greatly hampered by imposing similar restrictions. As for the tattoos, paint is incredibly easily rubbed off rubber bodies. The exoskeleton would be far too likely to rub off the tattoos on an all-rubber body.

I'm all for aesthetics over poesability - I would have much preferred my Wolverine to have an all-rubber torso and arms - but to use Leonidas as a comparison of "it can be done with no problems" is inaccurate.

you dont like leonidas as an example? how about the bat dx then? it's basically the same deal. i dont hear complains of the bat's articulations being "hampered" or "restricted". i keep repeating, whiplash is not a ballerina. what kind of extreme poses do you need him in anyway?

paint is easily rubbed off you said? has the paint rubbed off leonidas? has it wolverine? using tt body is a choice. stop making excuses for ht like they have no choice. you guys are beginning to sound like fanboys.

Hey I just noticed Hot Toys put the harness together incorrectly when they took the photographs

IM2_Whiplash_Comp2.jpg

Im sure it was just assembled wrong. Also the harness is missing the 2 wires at the bottom and the hydrolycs on his wrist

Last edited:
you're right. that thing on his back should extend further and connect to his arms. nice catch. i wouldnt be able to see through all those details. btw, that spinal interface design does remind me of doc ock's in spidey2. maybe same designer?

The only egregious inaccuracy to me going by that above pic are the lack of hand/wrist hydraulics. Hope they fix that (they certainly have the time).

you dont like leonidas as an example? how about the bat dx then? it's basically the same deal. i dont hear complains of the bat's articulations being "hampered" or "restricted". i keep repeating, whiplash is not a ballerina. what kind of extreme poses do you need him in anyway?

paint is easily rubbed off you said? has the paint rubbed off leonidas? has it wolverine? using tt body is a choice. stop making excuses for ht like they have no choice. you guys are beginning to sound like fanboys.

Not a ballerina, no, but he's got some moves that would require good artic.

Check out the trailer (at around 58 seconds):
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/FNQowwwwYa0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/FNQowwwwYa0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It looks like they took liberties with the back of the harness for the sake of shoulder articulation.

They made the right decision. The armor on whiplash could possibly rip the muscle suit when trying to pose him... Maybe not to that extent, but it would ruin it since there would be constant rubbing. Anyways he's perfect the way he is... Just don't buy it, I highly doubt and HOPE ht does not change the tt body they used...

You also run the risk of staining the rubber body with the harness. That rubber absorbs color really easily.

there we go, confirms that ht has taken the right direction... Sometimes people complain for the sake of complaining you know :rolleyes:

I don't know why but that pic has really sold me more on the figure than the official ones. The textures really come out with more subdued lighting. Love the leather look of the harness. The more I look at this figure the more excited I am about it. There are aspects that almost seem (slightly) steam-punkish in his outfit. It could be really cool. Not in love with the yellow on the energy effects still. I think a bluish color might seem more accurate. But I'm not too concerned as it looks like it could come off fairly easily and I might just display it like that... if should I get one.

Back