1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Just wondering has anyone ever conceived of using the abdominal part of the armor from the HT V1 TDK suit figure to replace the dried out/melted DX02 abdomen? Because of the design it might be possible to do with out it being obvious, no?

I ask because I want to keep my DX but possibly or possibly not sell my V1 TDK depending on whether or not I could use it to salvage my DX whenever the leaking takes its toll.

Just wondering has anyone ever conceived of using the abdominal part of the armor from the HT V1 TDK suit figure to replace the dried out/melted DX02 abdomen? Because of the design it might be possible to do with out it being obvious, no?

I ask because I want to keep my DX but possibly or possibly not sell my V1 TDK depending on whether or not I could use it to salvage my DX whenever the leaking takes its toll.

You'd have to cut the abbs off of a $400+ figure to use them on the DX. If memory serves (he's unpacked ATM) the suit's all one piece.

You'd have to cut the abbs off of a $400+ figure to use them on the DX. If memory serves (he's unpacked ATM) the suit's all one piece.

the ___k? The V1 TDK Batman goes for $400+? I didn't know that. Just checked ebay though and sure enough....well thats cool. I've got 2 of them, one is better than the other after the armor on the back came apart and required heavy glueing and then I accidentally got glue on the shoulder pad. I think I'd sell the better condition one. Maybe I'd keep the other one to butcher in the future - yes it is all one piece and the abdomen would need to be cut off and transplanted.

Yeah, tell me about it - I sold mine a few months back when I needed some money, now I'm bummed... Although, a lot are listed on ebay for $400+, but as for actual sales of a V1, most haven't hit that high.

I'm hoping one slips through for a lot lower than that $400...

the ___k? The V1 TDK Batman goes for $400+? I didn't know that. Just checked ebay though and sure enough....well thats cool. I've got 2 of them, one is better than the other after the armor on the back came apart and required heavy glueing and then I accidentally got glue on the shoulder pad. I think I'd sell the better condition one. Maybe I'd keep the other one to butcher in the future - yes it is all one piece and the abdomen would need to be cut off and transplanted.

You can thank the DX fumble for that price. Which, I suspect, as more and more start to leak (that's for you Dfab. :moon), or are discovered leaking, the price will only increase.

You can thank the DX fumble for that price. Which, I suspect, as more and more start to leak (that's for you Dfab. :moon), or are discovered leaking, the price will only increase.

Maybe I should hold onto that one a bit longer then and see what happens. I assumed I'd have to take a loss on that one like V1 Joker and Two-face.

Need a little help guys. My now EX girlfriend was pi$$ed at me and threw all my stuff around, trashed a bunch of my stuff, and in doing so, my DX Bats' leg has come out of the socket. Its still in the suit and the suit is fine. Just cant get it to go back into the socket and obviously cant see the leg itself or the socket. Just wondered if anyone has any advice or if the leg can even be put back in.

Cheers guys.

Need a little help guys. My now EX girlfriend was pi$$ed at me and threw all my stuff around, trashed a bunch of my stuff, and in doing so, my DX Bats' leg has come out of the socket. Its still in the suit and the suit is fine. Just cant get it to go back into the socket and obviously cant see the leg itself or the socket. Just wondered if anyone has any advice or if the leg can even be put back in.

Cheers guys.

Maybe take her to small claims court and get money to buy a new one?

Sorry to hear about your loss. It's frustrating when someone else does that to you.

I'm not sure if it's repairable. The only time the whole leg of a Truetype was disconnected for me was when it dropped to the floor, and it snapped the peg in such a way that was impossible to fix.

Maybe you got luckier, but I wouldn't count on it. At this point, your best bet is to try and get the pants off, to assess the damage and judge whether:

-it can be fixed easily, or
-an entire replacement leg can be used, or
-you have to give up on it

But I wouldn't know how to remove the pants. Hopefully someone else can advise you about removing the pants, because until you can see the nature of the damage, advising a solution is impossible.

Maybe take her to small claims court and get money to buy a new one?

Sorry to hear about your loss. It's frustrating when someone else does that to you.

I'm not sure if it's repairable. The only time the whole leg of a Truetype was disconnected for me was when it dropped to the floor, and it snapped the peg in such a way that was impossible to fix.

Maybe you got luckier, but I wouldn't count on it. At this point, your best bet is to try and get the pants off, to assess the damage and judge whether:

-it can be fixed easily, or
-an entire replacement leg can be used, or
-you have to give up on it

But I wouldn't know how to remove the pants. Hopefully someone else can advise you about removing the pants, because until you can see the nature of the damage, advising a solution is impossible.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, i was soo pi$$ed when i saw it all. Luckily i THINK this is the only thing with any actual damage. Everything else i seemed to be able to put back together.

I was thinking that i might need to take of the rubber trousers (or pants) but looks like its attached to the torso suit. To be honest i've toyed with the idea of getting the medi bats and combining the two just because of the leaking issue with the DX. But as mine wasnt leaking that bad i never really did it. If the legs truly fu**ed then i'll just take it to pieces and use it for parts. Still extremely frustrating though considering what this guys worth. :gah:

:lecture:lecture:lecture Cost ya $50 to take her to small claims court where you'll win (regardless of what happened, it doesn't justify destruction of property), and she'll croak when she realizes her childish actions destroyed a $600 figure. :lol

There's no putting the leg back. The figure's broken.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Cost ya $50 to take her to small claims court where you'll win (regardless of what happened, it doesn't justify destruction of property), and she'll croak when she realizes her childish actions destroyed a $600 figure. :lol

There's no putting the leg back. The figure's broken.

Fu**!! Cheers dude. Glad i know either way. I wouldnt bother with taking her to court, wouldnt get stuff like that envolved in personal/relationship matters unless it was something big, like trying to take my house or something. Haha.

But yeah, guess if i know its totally screwed i might well just take it apart and see if i can bash the parts with a medi. At least i wont have to worry about the leaking anymore. Every cloud has a silver lining eh?

Why'd she get pissed enough at you to break your things?

Why'd she get pissed enough at you to break your things?

Maybe because the collectibles were getting more attention? :lol My girlfriend accuses me of the same crime...

just kidding :peace

Haha, nah, she just trashed them cos she knew it would pi$$ me off. I dont know if she realised if they'd break or not. We basically fell out cos she has insecurity issues and thought i was sleeping with someone else. Which i wasnt. Women. lol

Also, just found out my two t-800's have been damaged. The neck connector thing underneath the rubber neck has come loose. On both of them. So looks like i'll need to pick up a couple of extra T-800 bodies. Also, my wolf predator's spear is broken and possibly my P2 elders dreads. Im not sure, but it looks like the beads that hang in his dreads have got bits missing.

EDIT: Sorry fot the rant. Just really quite annoyed at this now. She's cost me a lot of money.

One more EDIT: fixed the T-800's. At least they're done.

Last edited:

Aw man, that blows. :(

Damn straight. :lol Yeah, i mean, at least some of the stuff is salvaged. so far the only stuff i can find thats definitely broke is one leg of the DX bats and the wolf predators spear. Will have to check over everything though.

Surely it can't be ruined... if done carefully you could dismantle the figure, pop out the truetype, examine it to see how badly the leg is broken... if it is can't you get a truetype somewhere?

Nope. NAM said there's no fixing it. Fact! :lecture

Surely it can't be ruined... if done carefully you could dismantle the figure, pop out the truetype, examine it to see how badly the leg is broken... if it is can't you get a truetype somewhere?

I did wonder about using a true type. Dont know if its a regular true type inside though (just in black) or if its a specially designed body. Guess i'll have to take it apart anyway so i'll just have a look. If im taking it apart i'll consider getting a medicom batman and mixing them up ala the whole medix route.

Back