1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I think it's a slim TT. I'm sure it would be a huge pain in the ass to strip him down, but it probably can be done.

I have faith it's fixable with proper care and a calm clean mind set. I'm sure deep down you're still a bit fuming since she done that.

However, I've seen someone on here with a broken leg on their Batman and they swapped out the legs from another truetype. I'm pretty sure that was back in the v1 TDK thread. That persons figure took a nose dive one time which snapped the joint or something at the hip but he did repair it.

I'd think long and hard before hacking it up for a custom.

Once you have the head/neck, gauntlets, hands, belt and boots off. It's pretty easy. Even a hot scalpel knife can pop open the glue at the back to allow you to slip the pants off.

Hmm, interesting. Yeah i'll leave it a bit anyway and decide what im gonna do. If i do take it apart my first option would be to try and replace the leg or whole true type. Im by no means a customiser so dont know how easy it'd be taking it all apart then putting it back together, but if i got nothing to lose i'll give it a go.

best of luck to you. i just read about what happened. ouch.

Nope. NAM said there's no fixing it. Fact! :lecture

The time, effort and $$$ needed, you'd be better off buying a new one.

I think it's a slim TT. I'm sure it would be a huge pain in the ass to strip him down, but it probably can be done.

Have you ever taken apart a Truetype? :dunno

Im by no means a customiser so dont know how easy it'd be taking it all apart then putting it back together, but if i got nothing to lose i'll give it a go.

That's the spirit. If you're dead-set against taking legal action, then you've got nothing to lose by taking it apart carefully.

Worst-case scenario: You can't fix it, but you took it apart carefully, so at least you can sell most of the parts, which is what you'd have done anyway.

Best-case scenario: You can fix it by replacing the leg or the whole Truetype. You won't be able to sell it for any more than the parts would have gone for (and that will still be an option), but if you're more interested in just having the figure, this lets you keep your Batman. If you're careful enough, no one looking at your shelf would know the difference.

Either way, you end up learning something about your figures, how they're put together, and how to take them apart. It's a valuable skill for collectors, and one that most of us learn simply by necessity of having to attempt repairs (I'd wager a good deal of customizers had their first experience doing mods simply because they had to fix some damage on their figure, and not because they specifically wanted to get into customization).

Hmm, interesting. Yeah i'll leave it a bit anyway and decide what im gonna do. If i do take it apart my first option would be to try and replace the leg or whole true type. Im by no means a customiser so dont know how easy it'd be taking it all apart then putting it back together, but if i got nothing to lose i'll give it a go.

I butchered the guy a few months ago, and I hope this pics can help you.

It was very easy to reassamble again. Just remember: :nono DO NOT REMOVE THE OIL from the true type. Good luck bud.

Interesting. I never knew the top part of the rubber was a two piece.

Also, just found out my two t-800's have been damaged. The neck connector thing underneath the rubber neck has come loose. On both of them.

Those connectors in the neck snap right back in.

Has anyone had incidents in which the plastic abs have started to become shiny? Also up until this point I havent had any oil problems with mine, but under the plastic where the pants are under the armor i noticed barely a drop of shiny stuff so i dabbed it with a damp washcloth and its gone. Is this an indication of a problem?

Those connectors in the neck snap right back in.

Yep! The neck on my Dastan actually cracked inside. But got all the pieces out, glued those suckers together and snapped it back inside the rubber neck and it's good as new. I'm sure the T-800 neck should be an easy fix as well

Has anyone had incidents in which the plastic abs have started to become shiny? Also up until this point I havent had any oil problems with mine, but under the plastic where the pants are under the armor i noticed barely a drop of shiny stuff so i dabbed it with a damp washcloth and its gone. Is this an indication of a problem?

You got a leaker. :(

Idk bout that man its been a pretty solid figure up until now and its not that the abs are shiny but I can't explain it, they are the hjard plastic its not glossy or anything just a tad different

Idk bout that man its been a pretty solid figure up until now and its not that the abs are shiny but I can't explain it, they are the hjard plastic its not glossy or anything just a tad different

There've already been reports of the DCD run leaking. It might just be that it's starting to collect there. In some cases, it took months for the leaking to show in previous runs which is why the stats in the Leaky poll are regarded as inaccurate. If it's more of a "sheen" then it's consistent with those that've leaked.

We could guess all day until you show a photo but no the plastic wont be oozing. What will happen is if any "supposedly oil" is in below that section the oil can penetrate the plastic. Or you've buffed up the plastic, even though it's dry it looks wet due to the matte surface has a slight sheen now.

Removing the DX pants is pretty easy. Just take a small tool such as a screwdriver for electricity and pull the upper and lower part of the suit appart where it is glued. You just have to be a little brave I did this with my one too as it was glued poor in place. You can also try topull itjust with your fingernails...

True, the price issue wil be a big factor. Seeing all the high prices on Ebay these days. I just can't believe it anymore that I bought both the Bats and Joker DX for only $200 each 11 months ago.

I don't think the current prices won't be the limit given the possible impact of the Dark Knight Rises next year. The (renewed) intrest it will generate such as additional new fans of the franchise will surely keep the prices 'up'.

Yep, just snatched this one on Ebay for € 250,-. Gonna look forward to this one indeed :)

Whats the name of the guy who makes the custom capes? My cape broke and I dont really want to fix it.

Back