1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Have you ever taken apart a Truetype? :dunno

If you are asking if I've ever removed a TT leg, then no. But I'd sure try it before ponying up $600.

The time, effort and $$$ needed, you'd be better off buying a new one.

$$$ for what? Another Slim? Surly that's a fraction of what it would cost to by the whole figure.

Also, this:

I butchered the guy a few months ago, and I hope this pics can help you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It was very easy to reassamble again. Just remember: :nono DO NOT REMOVE THE OIL from the true type. Good luck bud.

And this:

Removing the DX pants is pretty easy. Just take a small tool such as a screwdriver for electricity and pull the upper and lower part of the suit appart where it is glued. You just have to be a little brave I did this with my one too as it was glued poor in place. You can also try topull itjust with your fingernails...

Why be a doom-sayer? :dunno

Last edited:

If you are asking if I've ever removed a TT leg, then no. But I'd sure try it before ponying up $600.

$$$ for what? Another Slim? Surly that's a fraction of what it would cost to by the whole figure.

Also, this:

And this:

Why be a doom-sayer? :dunno

Because unless you know the amount of effort involved, you're talking out of your ass and giving him some very bad advice.

There's a lot of potential to damage the suit when deconstructing it. Taking it off is a time consuming pain in the ass as you want to make sure you separate it carefully so the rubber doesn't tear. Then getting it off the TT takes care as well if you don't wanna get stuck replacing more parts from breakage. The leg is a pain in the ass to replace as the whole body needs to be taken apart to extract the broken leg stem, which any part of the body be broken easily if you don't know what the ____ you're doing. Then the whole process is repeated as you disassemble the slim TT. And picking up a STT to cannibalize the leg is expensive as well assuming it's even compatible. Add that to the fact that he'll need to remove the lower knee of the Batman leg to swap it with the STT's for proper height and you're looking at accessing an Achilles heel of the TT, the knee joint. And if it's not compatible, that's more time and $$$ wasted.

Plus, if he tries to fix it and does more damage, she's no longer liable for it. If I were in his shoes, I'd take her to small claims and get her to buy a new one. She's responsible for replacing it since she broke it. He can print several ebay completed auctions as proof of the current price and in the end, he's only out the $50 filing charge which he can also get back if he includes that in the suit.

Get a clue before posting. :wink1:

Last edited:

I've replaced several TT knee joints...they're easy to do.

Now I agree about the thigh peg though, that's a whole process that does require dismantling the entire TT.

Not to mention pulling apart that suit. It has to be done very carefully. Very very carefully...

I'd go with what Nam said and take her to court, get my money and if the judge doesn't make me surrender the broken one, try to fix it after you've ordered a new one. That way, there's nothing to lose.

I've replaced several TT knee joints...they're easy to do.

Now I agree about the thigh peg though, that's a whole process that does require dismantling the entire TT.

Not to mention pulling apart that suit. It has to be done very carefully. Very very carefully...

I'd go with what Nam said and take her to court, get my money and if the judge doesn't make me surrender the broken one, try to fix it after you've ordered a new one. That way, there's nothing to lose.

That's a good idea. Though you can probably also fetch a decent pull by parting him out too.

Even the broken figure would fetch a nice sum I'd wager. It's definitely worth trying to fix, but like Nam said, may as well try to recoup the funds from her first.

Because unless you know the amount of effort involved, you're talking out of your ass and giving him some very bad advice.

There's a lot of potential to damage the suit when deconstructing it. Taking it off is a time consuming pain in the ass as you want to make sure you separate it carefully so the rubber doesn't tear. Then getting it off the TT takes care as well if you don't wanna get stuck replacing more parts from breakage. The leg is a pain in the ass to replace as the whole body needs to be taken apart to extract the broken leg stem, which any part of the body be broken easily if you don't know what the ____ you're doing. Then the whole process is repeated as you disassemble the slim TT. And picking up a STT to cannibalize the leg is expensive as well assuming it's even compatible. Add that to the fact that he'll need to remove the lower knee of the Batman leg to swap it with the STT's for proper height and you're looking at accessing an Achilles heel of the TT, the knee joint. And if it's not compatible, that's more time and $$$ wasted.

Plus, if he tries to fix it and does more damage, she's no longer liable for it. If I were in his shoes, I'd take her to small claims and get her to buy a new one. She's responsible for replacing it since she broke it. He can print several ebay completed auctions as proof of the current price and in the end, he's only out the $50 filing charge which he can also get back if he includes that in the suit.

:lecture You are 100% right. Deconstructing is risky and you need some special tools and skills. Reassamble was the easy part.

Also, the TT Slim is covered in oil, making it very dificult to fix, because you can't mess with the oil. Unless you want the suit to tear faster.

Those connectors in the neck snap right back in.

Yeah, i figured that out not long after. Managed to sort it. Thanks though.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Basically, i'm gonna leave it for a few days or so and mull over my options. I feel brave enough i might have a look and see if i think i could take it apart and then see what i can do. I wouldn't attempt fixing the truetype because i dont believe i'd know how. Would just consider replacing the whole thing. But if i dont think i'd manage this then i'll probably ask around here with some of the customisers and see if anyone can help. Ideally yeah i'd like to keep the figure but there's no way i'd buy another. I bought it when it first came out for retail and dont think its worth the mental prices it goes for now. If all else fails, as i said, i'd probably try and pick up the medicom batman and just try some mixing it up. An expensive way to start experimenting with customising but hey, gotta start somewhere. :lol

I wont be taking her to court over it, maybe im too nice but i wouldnt get things like that involved in what i consider to be personal matters. If she had tried to take my house or something that'd be different, but not for this. But hey, each to their own.

Thanks again everyone that offered advice and sorry if i caused some conflict with those with differing advice. But i do appreciate everyone's input and the different points of view. It all helps. You guys have been great. :clap:hi5:

:lecture You are 100% right. Deconstructing is risky and you need some special tools and skills. Reassamble was the easy part.

Also, the TT Slim is covered in oil, making it very dificult to fix, because you can't mess with the oil. Unless you want the suit to tear faster.

We'll see if Mags even acknowledges his bad or just does his usual, ignoring the thread until it's buried under a couple pages before posting again BS. :lol

Maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't he just swap the TT rather than hack each one up? I mean, other than the color is there any difference?

There's also those ankle extenders on the DX02 body, but could those be easily swapped?

And as far as giving bad advice, I didn't say anything specific. In fact I PM'd him suggesting he contact a more experienced member about it. I just think that telling someone to rush into a court situation over an action figure is much worse advice. :dunno

Maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't he just swap the TT rather than hack each one up? I mean, other than the color is there any difference?

There's also those ankle extenders on the DX02 body, but could those be easily swapped?

And as far as giving bad advice, I didn't say anything specific. In fact I PM'd him suggesting he contact a more experienced member about it. I just think that telling someone to rush into a court situation over an action figure is much worse advice. :dunno

No, there are differences between the bodies. A straight swap-out won't work. And the ankle extenders aren't at all like Medis. But even just a little research would've shown you that. :lol

Oh, and good point. Because using legal means to righting a wrong is really bad advice. :cuckoo:

We'll see if Mags even acknowledges his bad or just does his usual, ignoring the thread until it's buried under a couple pages before posting again BS. :lol

Good Lord. That's not me. I can't count the times I've gladly admitted a mistake. What you just said could not possible describe you better. I'm sure you would say that the reason is you have never been wrong about anything... but... you'd be wrong.

If you are referring to me ignoring your last post about the MURDER video in the "Hate" thread, just know I had response that I decided to let go. Not because I was chastened by your post, but to spare everyone from dwelling on a subject that was only causing pointless conflict.

Good Lord. That's not me. I can't count the times I've gladly admitted a mistake. What you just said could not possible describe you better. I'm sure you would say that the reason is you have never been wrong about anything... but... you'd be wrong.

If you are referring to me ignoring your last post about the MURDER video in the "Hate" thread, just know I had response that I decided to let go. Not because I was chastened by your post, but to spare everyone from dwelling on a subject that was only causing pointless conflict.

You gave very poor advice here and my comments are about this thread. I don't take issues from thread to thread (unlike some people). Even Ouroboros, the freak you quoted to rub it in, didn't agree with you. You're out of your league on this and put your foot in your mouth. Own up to it. :huh

Just went back to check this colossally bad advice:

I did wonder about using a true type. Dont know if its a regular true type inside though (just in black) or if its a specially designed body. Guess i'll have to take it apart anyway so i'll just have a look. If im taking it apart i'll consider getting a medicom batman and mixing them up ala the whole medix route.

I think it's a slim TT. I'm sure it would be a huge pain in the ass to strip him down, but it probably can be done.

I didn't say much. And my post came with the uncertain "probably". Behind the scenes I suggested that he contact someone more experienced to see if someone with the right experience and tools could do it for him. I did this in a private message because God forbid I imply publicly that there are experienced members other than the great NAM who might have insight he can't provide.

I am not convinced that it would be impossible to fix the figure for someone with patience/skill/experience. However, if it really is impossible and it is fact that I was only giving false hope, then I am sorry. My only intention was to give a fellow freak some moral support. Although I am not opposed to using the legal system to get what you want when it's necessary and the law is in your favor, in a relatively minor case like this I think there is value to considering other options first.

Russell1982: I truly wish you the best regardless of what you decide to do. It's a very unfortunate situation and you have my sympathy.

Last edited:

This is not a criticism of vodoun in any way, but for the record he was the one giving detailed advice, not me:

Surely it can't be ruined... if done carefully you could dismantle the figure, pop out the truetype, examine it to see how badly the leg is broken... if it is can't you get a truetype somewhere?

I have faith it's fixable with proper care and a calm clean mind set. I'm sure deep down you're still a bit fuming since she done that.

However, I've seen someone on here with a broken leg on their Batman and they swapped out the legs from another truetype. I'm pretty sure that was back in the v1 TDK thread. That persons figure took a nose dive one time which snapped the joint or something at the hip but he did repair it.

I'd think long and hard before hacking it up for a custom.

Once you have the head/neck, gauntlets, hands, belt and boots off. It's pretty easy. Even a hot scalpel knife can pop open the glue at the back to allow you to slip the pants off.

I am not convinced that it would be impossible to fix the figure for someone with patience/skill/experience. However, if it really is impossible and it is fact that I was only giving false hope, then I am sorry. My only intention was to give a fellow freak some moral support. Although I am not opposed to using the legal system to get what you want when it's necessary and the law is in your favor, in a relatively minor case like this I think there is value to considering other options first.

If your mom stormed in your room and threw out all your babytoy Batman figures that would be a minor case. You do realize, with the current price of the DX02 being over $400, it's felony vandalism, right? This doesn't include the potential breakage on the other HT figures. Hardly a "minor case."

Yeah, i figured that out not long after. Managed to sort it. Thanks though.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Basically, i'm gonna leave it for a few days or so and mull over my options. I feel brave enough i might have a look and see if i think i could take it apart and then see what i can do. I wouldn't attempt fixing the truetype because i dont believe i'd know how. Would just consider replacing the whole thing. But if i dont think i'd manage this then i'll probably ask around here with some of the customisers and see if anyone can help. Ideally yeah i'd like to keep the figure but there's no way i'd buy another. I bought it when it first came out for retail and dont think its worth the mental prices it goes for now. If all else fails, as i said, i'd probably try and pick up the medicom batman and just try some mixing it up. An expensive way to start experimenting with customising but hey, gotta start somewhere. :lol

I wont be taking her to court over it, maybe im too nice but i wouldnt get things like that involved in what i consider to be personal matters. If she had tried to take my house or something that'd be different, but not for this. But hey, each to their own.

Thanks again everyone that offered advice and sorry if i caused some conflict with those with differing advice. But i do appreciate everyone's input and the different points of view. It all helps. You guys have been great. :clap:hi5:

Hey, you're from Kent like Dorgmal Snow. Do you guys know one another? (excuse my ignorance if Kent proves to be a large English city of many hundreds of thousands and you have no clue of whom I'm speaking).

If your mom stormed in your room and threw out all your babytoy Batman figures that would be a minor case. You do realize, with the current price of the DX02 being over $400, it's felony vandalism, right? This doesn't include the potential breakage on the other HT figures. Hardly a "minor case."

I understand your point, but the term "relative" is... well... relative.

It's reltivly minor in that it's not murder or some other no brainer legal case.

If my wife destroyed all of my action figures yes I would think seriously about taking legal action. But if she damaged 2 or three figures I would look into whether it was possible to repair them first. Court isn't fun, even if you are in the right.

Last edited:
Back