1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

You're not suppose to remove the two small clear plastic squares at the back inside. They hold the magnets in, hence why it's sticky.

they should maybe mention that in the instructions. however the whole belt seems to be sticky...

There is some residue left after taking the strip of tape off. I just kept rubbing until it was clean. Don't take the two smaller pieces on top of the magnets off though.

ah ok
i don't think i took of the smaller ones
just the one big one.

Hey guys, I'm new to hot toys collecting, and I was wondering if the rubber suit in batman is durable. Do they harden after time?

Is $250 a good price for this? I'm thinking of finally getting one and so far it seems to be the average. Should I be patient?

Is $250 a good price for this? I'm thinking of finally getting one and so far it seems to be the average. Should I be patient?

^^Patient? Patient for what? The patience stages have long gone regarding this figure. The only time we recommended being patient was when some buyers wanted to cave in & get the leaky batches instead of waiting for the DCD release.

This figure is pretty much in the "get-it-while-you-can" stages. That $250 is pretty much the price range for this figure now. Ive yet to see one going for much cheaper. $220+ is the lowest ive seen in the last couple of months, so seems that $200 price range is pretty much set in stone now (unless you get REAL lucky on eBay;which is unlikely)

So I would say if you have the money & are really urging to get this guy, go right ahead, but waiting it out thinking the price will go down isnt a good strategy if you want the DX Bats now....

^^Patient? Patient for what? The patience stages have long gone regarding this figure. The only time we recommended being patient was when some buyers wanted to cave in & get the leaky batches instead of waiting for the DCD release.

This figure is pretty much in the "get-it-while-you-can" stages. That $250 is pretty much the price range for this figure now. Ive yet to see one going for much cheaper. $220+ is the lowest ive seen in the last couple of months, so seems that $200 price range is pretty much set in stone now (unless you get REAL lucky on eBay;which is unlikely)

So I would say if you have the money & are really urging to get this guy, go right ahead, but waiting it out thinking the price will go down isnt a good strategy if you want the DX Bats now....

Thing is there is still uncertainty with regards to which ones are leaky and the ones which are not.

True, but If you really want this figure that seems to be a chance your willing to take.

Thats the only thing that newer buyers will have to face. Buying from eBay will be very tricky as some sellers will probably list or tell you he's from the DCD batch, but is he really?

If I was you though Remy, I would find a TRUSTED seller here on the board & go about purchasing from them. You'll probably still have to pay the $200+, but at least you'll have some piece of mind in knowing your figure want leak bad(especially after paying that amount for it)

True, but If you really want this figure that seems to be a chance your willing to take.

Thats the only thing that newer buyers will have to face. Buying from eBay will be very tricky as some sellers will probably list or tell you he's from the DCD batch, but is he really?

If I was you though Remy, I would find a TRUSTED seller here on the board & go about purchasing from them. You'll probably still have to pay the $200+, but at least you'll have some piece of mind in knowing your figure want leak bad(especially after paying that amount for it)

Yeah, that's the main reason why I havent bought it. My best way to acquire it atm is through ebay and that's a huge chance. I'm worried for that amount, I'd be miserable if the figure leaks. For one thing, I'm extremely happy with my OC batman which is my favorite figure. I normally dont like having multiple figures and at one point, just considered just sticking with my OC figure but looking at those pics is always tempting me to just pull the trigger.

Just got mine today and it looks great so far. No leaking,bent ears,etc.

I got it on ebay for $210 and the seller swore it was from the DC Direct batch and had no issues. He did ship it in the Diamond Direct box he recieved it in.

I happened to notice it has a thin white batch sticker on the bottom of the box. Anybody know if it can be verified to be a DCD batch figure through that?

Anybody know how you can tell if it came from DCD? I have a vague recollection where someone pointed out that if the belt may have a plastic cover that its the DCD version. Am I correct?

Yeah,I just saw that. Sorry if this has been answered but it's hard to find things in this monster thread!

Mine does have the belt with only plastic wrapped under the belt so that's a good sign.
Just seems like HT's would've given the 2nd batch an easily identifiable batch number.

The number on the thin white sticker on the actual box is 81006701. The number on the UPC on the brown shipping box is 7 61941 29099 7.
Maybe that will help us compare.

Great advice I'm reading here though! I'm definitely going to study up some more here before I dig into my figure. I've noticed he has hard plastic abs and his PERS eyes are much easier to turn than the DX Joker is. Looks like nothing to complain about.
I will say if you don't have him yet, do it ASAP! The price on this baby is only going to rise.

Last edited:

Yeah, that's the main reason why I havent bought it. My best way to acquire it atm is through ebay and that's a huge chance. I'm worried for that amount, I'd be miserable if the figure leaks. For one thing, I'm extremely happy with my OC batman which is my favorite figure. I normally dont like having multiple figures and at one point, just considered just sticking with my OC figure but looking at those pics is always tempting me to just pull the trigger.

To help you in your decision making process I have to point out a big flaw in your analysis. TDK OC and DX02 do not count as multiples ;) .... so go for it!! :lol
:borg:

^^Yea, I noticed that.

...But then I thought maybe he meant he doesnt like having multiple representations of the same character. If thats what he means then I completely understand, Im the same way...

^^Yea, I noticed that.

...But then I thought maybe he meant he doesnt like having multiple representations of the same character. If thats what he means then I completely understand, Im the same way...

Yup, that's what I meant. Usually, I stick to whichever is the my personal favorite representation which in this case the OC. I've sold or given away ones that I have multiples with due to lack of space. But I've made the mistake of going through this thread after watching DK last weekend.

Feel like an alcoholic...been doing so good all this time...then started looking at the pics and had a relapse hee hee:rotfl

Last edited:

Usually, I stick to whichever is the my personal favorite representation...

That's me to... until I bought 8 different 1/6 Heath Jokers! :google :horror :thud:

I don't know why it's difficult to know if you got DCD or not. If the abs are hard and not leaking, you got DCD.

Back