1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I know a couple have said that the replacement bodies are exactly the same as the DCD bodies and I have no evidence to the contrary, but I would just like to know if any of the DCD owners have had any leaking anywhere? Meaning: Have any of you who bought a figure distributed new by DC Direct received a figure with leaky biceps?

There's another Hot Toys company making these bodies that I'm not aware of?... ¬_¬

After I first heard this I began to check my Batman every day forward too see if I could spot oil on it anywhere... Been out of the box now for a couple months and I still see no oil... Just checked yet again still no oil that I can see...

...and when did you get it?

There's another Hot Toys company making these bodies that I'm not aware of?... ¬_¬

...and when did you get it?

My review went up on youtube on June 3 so Id imagine I had for at least week or so before for then but I cant be sure... Anyway all the other none DC Direct batch where showing oil right out of the box... So Im not worried yet...

I have been keeping up with the ab-leaking thread (well, skimming through it anyway), and I am sorry to see that replacement bodies are coming in with leaky biceps still.

I know a couple have said that the replacement bodies are exactly the same as the DCD bodies and I have no evidence to the contrary, but I would just like to know if any of the DCD owners have had any leaking anywhere? Meaning: Have any of you who bought a figure distributed new by DC Direct received a figure with leaky biceps?

The reason I am posting this here is that I promised to stay out of the other thread unless I experienced leaking and I haven't after about a month.

I haven't either. Got mine a month ago too.

My review went up on youtube on June 3 so Id imagine I had for at least week or so before for then but I cant be sure... Anyway all the other none DC Direct batch where showing oil right out of the box... So Im not worried yet...

God, ffs! All bodies with hard abs are all manufactured from the same place. Including replacements. My seeping never showed up until near enough a week and a half. Just because it's not showed up yet doesn't mean it's ruled out. It may happen, it may never. This is no any different with batch 1 and 2 that took weeks to months to show up.

There's not just a special run for DC Direct. It's not blessed with holy water.

All it takes is a certain number of bodies for the curing process to go wrong and it's tits up.

God, ffs! All bodies with hard abs are all manufactured from the same place. Including replacements. My seeping never showed up until near enough a week and a half. Just because it's not showed up yet doesn't mean it's ruled out. It may happen, it may never. This is no any different with batch 1 and 2 that took weeks to months to show up.

There's not just a special run for DC Direct. It's not blessed with holy water.

All it takes is a certain number of bodies for the curing process to go wrong and it's tits up.

I never said my body was made at a different location then others... I just said and answered the question which was about the oil... Mine shows no signs and its been out of box for at least 3 weeks now... So like I said Im not worried yet... But it doesnt mean Ill stop checking it every day any time soon...

Ever the optimist eh vodoun!

It really is amusing though. End of April when some people reported replacements bodies with hard abs, were the ones who would be part of the DCD run thats to get these refinements. So they were the ones hoping for these bodies which they got and this was the cure. Almost. Nobody can be sure yet. All figures come from the same place, Hot Toys. Not some black market and now some people are so blindingly convinced some of us have alternate bodies.

This reminds me of the Joker sculpts. V1 came out everyone praised it. Bank Robber came out, V1 sucked. DX came out, Bank Robber sucked. Imaresqd came out, Hot Toys sucked. Bobby's was revealed, everything else sucked.

So they feel special because the DCD logo is on the back of the box. Replacement bodies from Hot Toys are a write off as far as they are concerned. Even though somebody that got a figure in the DCD box has a leaking one like mine, small areas with it and it's just the start. It's proven with the other batches. Some leak worse than others some rarely. Some different spots. Some speed up the leaking process and some are delayed if not take much longer to show up.

It really is amusing though. End of April when some people reported replacements bodies with hard abs, were the ones who would be part of the DCD run thats to get these refinements. So they were the ones hoping for these bodies which they got and this was the cure. Almost. Nobody can be sure yet. All figures come from the same place, Hot Toys. Not some black market and now some people are so blindingly convinced some of us have alternate bodies.

This reminds me of the Joker sculpts. V1 came out everyone praised it. Bank Robber came out, V1 sucked. DX came out, Bank Robber sucked. Imaresqd came out, Hot Toys sucked. Bobby's was revealed, everything else sucked.

So they feel special because the DCD logo is on the back of the box. Replacement bodies from Hot Toys are a write off as far as they are concerned. Even though somebody that got a figure in the DCD box has a leaking one like mine, small areas with it and it's just the start. It's proven with the other batches. Some leak worse than others some rarely. Some different spots. Some speed up the leaking process and some are delayed if not take much longer to show up.

:exactly::exactly::goodpost:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:goodpost:

That's hilarious but oh so true.. not saying i'm not guilty of it myself:monkey3

Well I am like that and I have a leaky biceps. My Batman is from the DCD shipment.

That sucks, sorry to hear it. :(

Thanks for the reply though, that's all I wanted to know. :duff

Maglor, i'm happy to hear that his eyes weren't bugging out and you having to perform surgery.

And awesome freaking photos!

Thanks! :hi5:

Sometimes I still see cross eyes though...

And then I go back and look at this pic:

P1070764.jpg

No way those are crossed right?!

I remember someone posted comparison pics of a batman with a "gut" and one with a flat belly... I think it was Maglor, not sure. I'm trying to get that flat look on one of my bats (the other came perfectly flat), but it's dang hard... I feel like I'm going to break the body. How exactly was he futzed?

I remember someone posted comparison pics of a batman with a "gut" and one with a flat belly... I think it was Maglor, not sure. I'm trying to get that flat look on one of my bats (the other came perfectly flat), but it's dang hard... I feel like I'm going to break the body. How exactly was he futzed?

I'd also like to know this. He seems particularly inflexible at the waist.

Does anyone have any idea how long the batteries last?

Does anyone have any idea how long the batteries last?

If you activate the eyes and leave it that way than I belive the batteries can last 10 hours long.

That sucks, sorry to hear it. :(

Thanks for the reply though, that's all I wanted to know. :duff

You are welcome. By the way your pictures are amazing! :rock

First outside shots.

P1070805.jpg

P1070807.jpg

Maglor... these shots are HORRIBLE. It's totally inaccurate. You should be ashamed of yourself... Batman would never be caught dead out during the day. LOL. Great shots. I envy your talent.

Back