1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

While we're talkin' capes, I just recieved my figure from BBTS, no oil any where I'm happy to report, but what is the trick to getting the cape tabs in place? Is it simple brute force? the instruction booklet is this than helpful. I can't seem to get them to "lock in". Are they even supposed to? Any help from any of you would be most appreciated.

Well, yes and no. Once you figure out how to do it right, you force it in.

Get the little fabric corner in first, the push the plastic clip down and slide it in. That's the part you have to force. Not sure if that made sense. Just look at how its shaped to figure how it's supposed to fit, and then make it fit.

If you don't get themt in it wont look right.

I now own 7 (9 if you count Tony Stark and Cop Joker) Hot Toys figures, with several more on order. Have to say I'm thrilled with the likenesses and the overall quality, and send a very sarcastic "big thanks" out to Hasbro for screwing up Marvel Legends, and Sideshow for dropping LOTR 1/6 scale figures.
I'm thrilled with my new plastic crack, even if my wallet isn't.

Yeah, I'm still pissed about that too. :mad:

Is anyone else noticing that their base is shorting/flickering? First it was one light, then it was the other....

Ah, I see. I should have ordered a long TDK cape... actually I thought I did.

Yes. :eek:

Point is, I like this one:

Mine doesn't look like that.

Yeah, thats TDK long. Like the promo shots.

48397tdn07122480lo.jpg

The Medicom has the short one that I like to call TDK short - long. Only the tips are slightly trailing.

dscf8811.jpg

dscf7581.jpg

Get the little fabric corner in first, the push the plastic clip down and slide it in. That's the part you have to force. Not sure if that made sense. Just look at how its shaped to figure how it's supposed to fit, and then make it fit.

I've never had to force them. There is a trick, you gently pull the chest armour slightly up. This was the trick I had used on the v1 TDK figure.

Hold the clip as you said with the fabric over the point, fabric here -> _/ chest armour closer to the neck. (I'm not sure if this works on the DX)

Mine clipped in from way back. You don't hear a click, you feel the click. As if it's a slotted in click. Then when it's done that it pops back naturally. \__ Then gently slide the chest armour back down to where it belongs. If not done right it springs back with a big lump below the cape. _/

dscf4307gz2.jpg

3144750440_26d5e4e839.jpg

im alittle behind on the time with the dx line. what is the major issue with it . also im reading about different batches . so if im going to pick one up what am i looking for, where the batch came from or what . (description on box. ect.)please help me with this or direct me to a page, thanks guys

Not so sure I'd mess with chest armour, it's easy enough if you just push the tabs in cloth points first... once in, push down on the tabs as designed.

aadx22.jpg

really, i need a picture tutorial about this :(
i only have cape from HT, and it bothers me a lot with the material AND how to properly put it in.

I can't do it either. I feel like an idiot.

Got mine today and man is this figure freakin sweet. I cant seem to decide on which pose to use, but damn does he look awesome next to my dx joker. I was blown away on how realistic he looks.

That's a beautiful display!! Loving the dynamic poses!

Originally Posted by vodoun
48397tdn07122480lo.jpg

Looking at this particular pic makes me realize how humanly impossible it would be for someone to actually walk around like that; w/o breaking their f'n neck..

I think he might mean if you tripped over it and fell and broke your neck. :D Yes?

Endless I love that curio shot with the Jokers & Batmen in it, with Harvey Two Face Dent standing in the middle. & yes, I see how you have the Jokers on Harvey's evil side.

The only thing the shot is missing is some light & shadow effects.

test..#1 post

hi all, I am batman fans from indonesia, this is my first post,
I am on working to customize my batman dx cape.
Right now still on choosing the right materials..

I'll post again later on

Looking at this particular pic makes me realize how humanly impossible it would be for someone to actually walk around like that; w/o breaking their f'n neck..

Which is why I think in the film they often use a much shorter cape... although the cape is made from a very thin super light nylon which may billow out behind you even moving at slow speeds and not really impede movement.

Yeah, I'm still pissed about that too. :mad:

:goodpost:

Maglor, thanks for the help. I finally got it. The thing that isn't made clear that you pointed out, is that the fabric goes into the slot with the plastic clip. Once I did that, it seemed to pop in much easier.

Again thanks.:yess:

Nice! :clap

Your welcome! :duff

Back