1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

They pulled a Toyota?

So would they not have seen this problem within days of having them built up with the protos if thats the case ?.
It seems strange they didn't notice it doesn't it ?.

I would say no, I had mine for a couple days out of the box, plus a week shipping from Toys2 plus probably another week at least from HT to Toys 2. It seems very possible for these figures to look fine in the factory going into the box.

The prototype wasn't the same suit as the production figure, the shipped production figures are the first time the final design has been publicly seen, so HT and Toy Hunters wouldn't have their models on show leaking because they weren't made with the same suit.

I think this whole leaking problem would have been avoided if they hadn't used this material for the stomach and bicep plates.

This shot of the prototype just has grey painted on the kevlar parts of the stomach, like the v1 and other parts of the DX suit, is it as detailed as the chest piece kevlar, no, but it still looks real nice to me and we'd very likely be oil free as the v1 figure is.

DX02_TDK_Batman_09.jpg

This might sound a little stupid but could it not be the fact that they're being put into boxes ?. Maybe not letting the rubber breathe or something like that ?. Like when mould builds up in a space with no air around it.

The other weird thing, I've had this small piece of kitchen roll on the left bicep for 2 days. As I take it off each day the kevlar is dry but the weird thing is the kitchen roll is dry too. Not even a stain or any mark on the tissue. Just that oily smell.

If I leave the kitchen roll off I can guarantee it'll start oozing several hours later.

That's why I only call it oil because everyone else does. It's a strange substance, if I wiped it, the cloth would be clean, you couldn't even detect that it absorbed anything, and even to touch the suit you would feel anything against your hands. The only time I ever found it to be like a typical liquid was when some got onto the belt, it clung to that like drops of fluid, but on the suit, it's almost like a gloss coating slowly moving over the rubber, at least on mine, I know some folks have seen it really build up.

The stuff reminds me of the old Hornby train sets. It was a clear looking liquid that had a very mild odour protecting the metal parts. Almost like the same feel of Johnsons Baby oil. As if it was for protective coating.

I applaud HT's fire to pursue new materials and keep pushing the envelope with what figures can be, but at the same time, if they're not prepared to accept responsibility when it backfires, I'd rather them stick with what works. They tried something new with John Connor, it backfired and they stopped production, exchanged all the bad heads and shipped the remaining figures with the new ones. Now with Batman, they try a sturdier rubber that lets them do a more detailed armor on the stomach, it backfires, but they don't seem to really be caring much about it or doing much to correct it. In this case, I wish they would have just stuck with the rubber from the v1, would the DX have had the nice finish it does on the suit, no, but the v1 didn't leak, and what's most enjoyable about the DX is the improved proportions and the better sculpt on the face, the paint job really isn't a big deal, a lesser finish with a more matte rubber would have still been an amazing figure and we wouldn't be losing enjoyment over this silly production mishap.

Sometimes I wish someone would take this residue to a chemist, like in those TV series, to find out what it's made of. I know this is silly.

Sometimes I wish someone would take this residue to a chemist, like in those TV series, to find out what it's made of. I know this is silly.

No more silly than a bunch of grown men wiping our incontinent dollies like three-year-old girls.

Good idea. Maybe the chemist would then be able to advise the best chemical to use on the body to counter the oil.

I walked in a store today and bought the Police Joker from Hot Toys it had just come in. I was hooked I have spent hours on forums and I bought 6 more figures. One is the Batman MMS DX02 the store said it was a Third batch and had no oil problems is that true is it fixed now? Thanks from a new member and addict.

I walked in a store today and bought the Police Joker from Hot Toys it had just come in. I was hooked I have spent hours on forums and I bought 6 more figures. One is the Batman MMS DX02 the store said it was a Third batch and had no oil problems is that true is it fixed now? Thanks from a new member and addict.

Welcome, and the store lied.

Welcome aboard!!!
:duff

This is the best place to come if you want to feed this addiction! Believe me I know from experience!

And yes, the store lied. Probably a second batch figure.

Welcome aboard!!!
:duff

This is the best place to come if you want to feed this addiction! Believe me I know from experience!

And yes, the store lied. Probably a second batch figure.

Yup! Good post!

more talk about batches

got that too, so we have to pay more for a figure which may still leak.??????!!!!???

I think hot toys want me to give up sending it back because shipping price will be huge! Shipping it back all the way to Hong Kong. They either want me to give up or do not believe me unless they see it. They have seen my pictures already. Maybe they are going to reuse the inside of plastic body.

Clearly, it's not only me who has this issues. They should take a responsibility and send a replacement without asking me to ship it back. I've already spent $225 in this figure. It sucks big time. If I have to spend a lot of money on shipping, I'm going to complain. Hot toys horrible! I don't trust them.....

Got mine yesterday and what a gorgeous figure! Will try to post pics tomorrow. What's weird is in photos I don't like the angry expression but in hand it's my favorite. I can't see myself ever using the open mouth expression but still neat to have I guess. Did anyone else have a problem getting the belt with the magnets for the sticky bomb gun to stay closed? Finally got it but man that was a hassle!

I really like photos where the silver parts really pop like HT's proto images, it's not film accurrate but I find something cool about how it looks, even the very first TDK figure prototype was painted with them much more pronounced than the rest of the suit and it looked cool. In the movie you can hardly tell his suit is different colors at all.

I noticed that about the mouths - in some of the close up shots the angry mouth or open mouth look far too over the top and too expressive but in hand i really like them espesh the open mouth. if u dont posistion the eyes right tho he can be a bit gormless/shocked bug eyed ahah. i love the cowl and magntic neck post - all hot toys figs shud have magnetic necks - would make life so much easier

When are all these "leakage" problems supposed to be fixed?

Back