1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Awesome you finally got him Josh! He's a great figure - but how in the world did you get it for that price!!!

Cheers! I used credit from PayPal that had built up from using their service. It's weird how this guy can look different from so many angles - I can't decide how to pose him - with the cape or backpack. I made my own custom cape and will be attaching that soon but I've been at work every day since I got him so have had so little time to pose him lol Shame the sonar head won't fit on the medi it would look great - and I think the medi arms are still superior - I hate how HT have seperate and HUGE gauntlets - makes his arms look well chunky lol The headsculpt is immense and magnet idea on the neckpost is brilliant.

The Medi arms ARE superior, FAR superior I think.

Just need to do the neck mod to the DX though and it'll be quite immense. Yeah I don't know how to pose him either, has so many options. So i'm gonna pick up a second body down the line to pose one with backpack and sonar head (not accurate I know but looks cool) and other with custom cape, PERs and modded neck.

The Medi arms ARE superior, FAR superior I think.

Just need to do the neck mod to the DX though and it'll be quite immense. Yeah I don't know how to pose him either, has so many options. So i'm gonna pick up a second body down the line to pose one with backpack and sonar head (not accurate I know but looks cool) and other with custom cape, PERs and modded neck.

Which neck mod are you gonna do?

Anyone know of a place I can pick up a V1 neck for the mod? Or is everyone just taking from their old bats...I sold mine off but would really like to do the mod :banghead

tubecase3.jpg

LET ME OUT!!!!!!!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

hey guys i've had hiim for a week now and still the oil has not returned - am I in the clear? (knock on wood)

No one can really say what in the clear is with this figure, I don't think we ever will be without a 100% certainty as to where it comes from. Since we have no idea how exactly it's produced, even if it goes away for some period, there's nothing to say it won't come back or something else happen.

I think at this point, given all the issues with this figure, if you find your figure in a state where you're really happy with it, best to just enjoy it and not sweat out what could happen, and just face what does happen if/when it does.

If yours has stopped, enjoy him, live it up.

I finally received a mail from hot toys!

Sorry for keep you waiting!

With regards to your DX Batman replacement request, we have taken it into consideration and decided to replace a new body for you.

Please kindly send the defective body (without accessories & packaging box) to our office for replacement.

Please kindly let us know after the parcel is sent. The replacement will be shipped to you after it is received.

Please kindly noted that the oil leakage problem has been greatly improved in the body that we are sending to you.

There may be slim chances of leakage, but it shall not cause much inconvenience to your enjoyment of the collectible figure

Now, I have to spend my money on shipping. Other than that, I'm not sure if they really fix the oil problem. I don't klnow how long this will take.

got that too, so we have to pay more for a figure which may still leak.??????!!!!???

Please kindly
send the defective body (without accessories & packaging box) to our office for replacement.

Please kindly
let us know after the parcel is sent. The replacement will be shipped to you after it is received.

Please kindly noted that the oil leakage problem has been greatly improved in the body that we are sending to you.

That's alot of please kindly's :monkey3

I'm not even going to hold my breath on this though.

I finally received a mail from hot toys!

Sorry for keep you waiting!

With regards to your DX Batman replacement request, we have taken it into consideration and decided to replace a new body for you.

Please kindly send the defective body (without accessories & packaging box) to our office for replacement.

Please kindly let us know after the parcel is sent. The replacement will be shipped to you after it is received.

There may be slim chances of leakage, but it shall not cause much inconvenience to your enjoyment of the collectible figure

Now, I have to spend my money on shipping. Other than that, I'm not sure if they really fix the oil problem. I don't klnow how long this will take.

I wouldn't even bother sending that back. " Greatly improved " would put me right off. This really does suck. :monkey4

It's not the body, if that's what they truly mean. It's pressure on the suit that is squeezing the oil out. Lift the ab armor up away from the body and you'll see the oil disappear. Let it go so it's pressed against the figure and it will appear again. I don't see how they could fix it.

What is triggering the biceps then?... there is no pressure there.

I don't think it has anything to do with pressure. Pulling the suit away from the figure opens up the pores in the rubber for it to seap back inside, but if anything, you're putting more pressure on the suit stretching it out.

Whatever the residue is has a source, some part of the process and use of the the thicker rubber in that area ends up with the leaking result. The solution is either figure out what that is and stop it if preventable, or cease use of that material.

Sure it has something to do with pressure if, when you apply pressure to the suit, it squeezes more of the oil out. The biceps armor is generally being pressed on by the shoulder armor, much the same way the belt presses against the lower plates under the ab armor, thus leading to oil build up in the shape of the area of the belt that's pressing against the armor. It absolutely has to do with pressure on the suit, at least as far as my figure goes. I have no leakage from the abs since I stuffed the makeup sponge under there, but the area where the belt contacts the armor still has some build up.

People had the belt off for days and it was still leaking. I've just checked the shoulder armour on mine and there is no force on the bicep armour.

Only the left bicep is leaking but the right is not. If it was pressure the right bicep would be oozing as well.

Well when Dave mentioned how it went away when you pulled away the suit from the body, I checked it out on mine and you could see it dissappear and as soon as you let go, it went back to shiny again, it was as though everything that surfaced sunk back inside. Somehow this stuff builds up within the armor and if you don't expand the spaces for it to stay inside the rubber, it comes to the surface.

So would they not have seen this problem within days of having them built up with the protos if thats the case ?.
It seems strange they didn't notice it doesn't it ?.

Back