1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

It depends on how you feel towards the v1 figure. A lot of us felt it was pretty flawed in design and for us the DX is a dramatic improvement over all the flaws of the v1. If you don't have much of a problem with the v1, then the DX probably won't seem dramatically better and not necessarily worth the money to get him again. Just got figure out what choice will leave you happy with your Batman collection.

Thanks for the help Maulfan, it's much appreciated.

They should have left the head thickness the same as v1, same goes for the neck but neeeeeeeeeh! They always tamper with the wrong areas ending up degraded.

The more I look at my sonar heads against the PERS, I'm convinced the PERS heads is a smidge narrower.

Looking at MaulFan's comparison shots, it really is a profound difference in the DX's favor...

...with one exception:

They should have left the head thickness the same as v1, same goes for the neck but neeeeeeeeeh!

The neck really really bugs me in most pics.
I really think it will be worth doing the mod where you put the V1 neck on the DX.

Forgot who did it first, but has anyone else tried that?

[P.S. What does "neeeeeeeeeh" mean? :confused: :p]

All these oil problems are making me glad I ordered a DCD shipment :lol

Hopefully all is fixed by then!

I have always done the DCD shipment, and have found that I'm never disappointed that I waited. There are always kinks to be worked out ... and its significantly cheaper, and simpler.

SnakeDoc

I put a spherical magnet inside the V1 neck and fixed it in with milliput (modelling putty). It's a small difference, but I think it looks much better.

Looking at MaulFan's comparison shots, it really is a profound difference in the DX's favor...

...with one exception:

The neck really really bugs me in most pics.
I really think it will be worth doing the mod where you put the V1 neck on the DX.

Forgot who did it first, but has anyone else tried that?

[P.S. What does "neeeeeeeeeh" mean? :confused: :p]

I think PERS on DX1 and DX2 dont look as good as painted eyes.

I love the painted eyes, but the new glass one are deffinetly superior in my opinion.

I like their reflective quality the most, the gloss on painted eyes works well, but the reflective quality of the PERS eyes is even better. I do think the PERS eyes would look a little better of the whites were more a darker tone like Hot Toys' painted eyes, there's a strong contrast between the iris and the whites and I think that's why a lot of people think the PERS eyes look odd.

HT did a very good business decision to make the next DX Michael Jackson; all the MJ fans will snap that up right quick being he died recently and HT will make fistfuls of cash. That being said, I think that HT should have made the next DX figure something more desirable as a figure; to me, MJ is not desirable and I would rather see either the Batman OC with PERS as a DX instead. Having another Batman just makes logical sense being that the first two were Batman figures. I know they would have to break away from the Batman line someday but Michael Jackson being the one that is the break? For me, it could have been a better figure.

I love my leaky (and non-leaky) Batmen as much as the next guy, but another one? Please, move on to other characters. I may be ready for more when Batman 3 comes out, haha!

I love my leaky (and non-leaky) Batmen as much as the next guy, but another one? Please, move on to other characters. I may be ready for more when Batman 3 comes out, haha!

Yeah I agree that the line is tired, but MJ? Really? That's the best they could come up with? Why not have the next DX be from the Avatar film? At least it would be more worthy (and totally less creepy) than MJ.

MJ's no different than anything else, I'm sure we all feel certain lines or figures aren't worth the resources they take up to be made when we want to see other things. I don't understand the popularity of MJ to want collections full of figures of him, but hey, someone probably thinks likewise of use for wanting umpteen Batman and Joker figures in our collections. I bet a lof of people wanting other things than TDK were upset to have DX01 and DX02 be more TDK figures instead of moving onto a new license.

MJ's no different than anything else, I'm sure we all feel certain lines or figures aren't worth the resources they take up to be made when we want to see other things. I don't understand the popularity of MJ to want collections full of figures of him, but hey, someone probably thinks likewise of use for wanting umpteen Batman and Joker figures in our collections. I bet a lof of people wanting other things than TDK were upset to have DX01 and DX02 be more TDK figures instead of moving onto a new license.

Ah MaulFan, always so balanced. ;)

haha.. and i kinda like the DX03 MJ :) it's nice. still would prefer a Smooth Criminal MJ though :)

so guys, how do you pose your DX02 Batmans if there's a leak? i mean, is it leaky enough that it actually leaks onto the leg part of the figure?

Back