1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I realize probably everyone would prefer the lights, but I really wish the Sonar eyes had been a painted effect, I'm sure they could have painted them close to matching the light effect, but as wookster's shot demonstrates, that head doesn't look too great with the lights out, and the way they work and battery power, you can't leave them on much, with paint, you could have the effect always.
:lecture

+1

i wish that they could have somehow have eyes on when the light is turned off, instead of the goofy looking lenses. i'm not sure how they would have done this but i'm sure there is a way---that being said i still want to display the sonar eyes, - still a mass of contradictions

lol, leaky abs and a wire sticking out his head

I wished they remade the belt buckle. It looks too big against the 1 minute clip. Too wide and too curvy.

now call me mental but check this vid out at - at 1 minute a certain part of his suit is suspiciously dark...and ..erm...oily looking ahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdXDAf7M2r8

The bottom two plates look darker than the others but that could be anything really, light, shadow or maybe even something covering the plates to protect it or something. That's what happens when you read a 42 page thread all about oil.

I cleaned mine off today & when I took of the belt, it seemed that the source of the oil may not actually be the ab plates themselves, but the shiny, padded kevlar area that runs underneath of it, & the oil is soaking into the plates. I believe this section is similar to the area under the shoulder pads as well.

Thoughts?

I agree that the ab plates and the bicep plates feel like the same material, but the kevlar part of the abs and the other parts are all one material, so if it's the kevlar specifically, then it'd be the kevlar paint, and I can't imagine how a paint could pour out into the material, and if it did, I would think the detailing would fade away just from that, but you only lose the paint quality with excess wiping.

Yikes :horror , looks like the FLY!!!
I wish!

fly_1.jpg

I agree that the ab plates and the bicep plates feel like the same material, but the kevlar part of the abs and the other parts are all one material, so if it's the kevlar specifically, then it'd be the kevlar paint, and I can't imagine how a paint could pour out into the material, and if it did, I would think the detailing would fade away just from that, but you only lose the paint quality with excess wiping.

So you think that just the most dense parts of the rubber (the areas we mentioned) are secreting the oils?

So you think that just the most dense parts of the rubber (the areas we mentioned) are secreting the oils?

Yes, the only places it's been found are the bicep plates and the stomach region, I think it's tied to the differences between that material and the rest of the suit.

Hi guys, quick question on the Batman DX. There's a million pages to this thread and I looked around a bit but couldn't see if anyone compared versions. I have the TDK version just before the DX so is it worth going to the DX ? I have the Bank Robber Joker and also the DX and I find the HS not all that different except paint and eyes. Is this the case with both Batmans ?

Hi guys, quick question on the Batman DX. There's a million pages to this thread and I looked around a bit but couldn't see if anyone compared versions. I have the TDK version just before the DX so is it worth going to the DX ? I have the Bank Robber Joker and also the DX and I find the HS not all that different except paint and eyes. Is this the case with both Batmans ?

dude, aside from the oil issue, the DX ver stomps all over the V1.

and yea, someone here posted a comparison pic, it's like night and day.

DX Left, v1 Right

V1DXCOMP1.jpg

V1DXCOMP2.jpg

V1DXCOMP3.jpg

V1DXCOMP4.jpg

V1DXCOMP5.jpg

V1DXCOMP6.jpg

And just to see, a shot of all 3 mouth pieces together.

V1DXCOMP7.jpg

All these oil problems are making me glad I ordered a DCD shipment :lol

Hopefully all is fixed by then!

DX Left, v1 Right

Thanks Maulfan ! He looks skinnier than my version but I wouldn't say he's all that better and stomps all over him like the poster before you. Not sure it would be worth another $200. Decisions, decisions....

It depends on how you feel towards the v1 figure. A lot of us felt it was pretty flawed in design and for us the DX is a dramatic improvement over all the flaws of the v1. If you don't have much of a problem with the v1, then the DX probably won't seem dramatically better and not necessarily worth the money to get him again. Just got figure out what choice will leave you happy with your Batman collection.

Back