1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

There is no mention that this is a second batch figure.

The guy who posted that photos on fb is in my friend list. I asked him which batch did he received and he said his retailer received the 2nd batch. Btw, there have not been any reports in the past about those white marks, so i think this is an isolated defect case

Last edited:

I'll check him out. Thanks mate.

Looking forward to getting right into this 1/6 lark. Already got my first custom planned ;)

batpod2.jpg

;)

Love the treatment on your pics :chew

You used Photoshop?

Yeah, some top notch photography going on guys, and I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I love that illustrative quality that Neo gets on his images, you could sell them as prints!

Armored_Berserk> Yes I use photoshop ;)

wookster> Thank you wookster! Yes I have already think about that but I didn't know if people could be interested ^^

Looks good dcflake.
No plaque? These falling off the Batman stands as well?

Yeah it's a piece of crap too. Fell of the second I unwrapped the plastic.:monkey2

But it's not movie accurate!

I'll get round to it eventually just wanted to see if I could get away with it.

yes I agree with this.... I know it's a figure and you could do whatever you want with it.. but for me...I think I still can't get around the fact that the sonar head should only be put on when batman has a cape.... the HK scene is so special to me anyways and I personally would not put the sonar head for that set-up ..

Yeah it's a piece of crap too. Fell of the second I unwrapped the plastic.:monkey2

I hear ya mate. My DX Joker plaque was off before I even took it out of the plastic :lol

Congrats on getting your Batman

Anyone got photos of DX Bats riding the bat-pod? Curious to see how he looks.

Anyone got photos of DX Bats riding the bat-pod? Curious to see how he looks.

He doesn't fit on well at all. Well, that's not completely accurate...... he fits on ok-ish, BUT his head won't tilt up properly. I posted on this a while back, here are some of the pics:
b1.jpg

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

b5.jpg

I hear ya mate. My DX Joker plaque was off before I even took it out of the plastic :lol

Same here. The good thing is that it is a very easy fix. Just a bit of super glue on the back and it sticks great. Haven't checked the Batman one yet, its still in the box and wrapped in plastic.

Thanks sfa!

Is there any fix for the head to look straight ahead or the only solution is to get the v.1 bats? :(

That's ok, toyrewind! :)
In regards to the head, you could always put some blue-tac or something under the chin to keep it up, though I've not tried this. The problem is that the magnet is so strong it keeps pulling the head back down. Another thing is also that the cape holder provided with the Batpod won't fit on the DX Batman, so you can't have the dynamic cape flow unless you mod it somehow to fit him.
The V1 Bats does fit perfectly however, and looks great too!

Thanks again sfa! hot toys should've anticipated this one.

Well I'm sure HT did think about it. Most people bought the Batpod back with the v1, so they'd already have that figure to pose on the Batpod, and it was designed for riding it, the extra head articulation and all. I think they just build the DX for more accurrate appearance and being a standing display while the v1 could be used for the Batpod as it was designed for that purpose. I think it's smart too, if you had both figures, you could leave the v1 in a riding pose at risk of damage long term and have the DX to be the sharp, awesome looking Batman standing in your collection.

The V1 rubber is not as thick and stiff so I used the V1 with the DX02 head. The head stays up if you balance it right as there are the grooves in the neck. This is a pic of my DX02 head on the V1 body. I just didn't want to strain my DX02 body for this shot :p
batpod.jpg

I notice that he's still very 'upright' on the Batpod in your pic Geil. Once you have him really leaning into the riding position it's more difficult to get the head to look up.
Thankfully my DX had no problems after posing him on the Batpod too!
I highly recommend anyone thinking of it, to keep their V1 on the 'pod and keep their DX standing as MaulFan also recommended!

Yeah even with the V1 I didn't feel it could go any lower though my shot was taken from a lower angle as well. The head was tucked neck all the way back already and worked in my pose but certainly some mild adhesive will certainly do.
My case is too low for me to include the Batboy standing beside it but it looks extremely beautiful it's own so I only posed it temporarily for the above shot. HT TDK rocks!!!

Back