1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

You can't put him on the pod?

Will he sit in the Tumbler?

Tommy Richardson took some shots of it in there with the sonar eyes switched on and it looked the business!

Tommy Richardson took some shots of it in there with the sonar eyes switched on and it looked the business!

it was the prototype which had the v1 body with the new dx headsculpt. but the dx can still sit on the batpod. 2 users have tried this out i think. i just can remember of geils's pictures of him on the pod when he reclaimed that the head won't stay up. the newer ones were with the v1 body.

but nevertheless, the last pic agen looks FANTASTIC. i SOO love the background. so clear and beautiful!

I don't get how people think it's a 'goofy smiling mouth' - to me it's a speaking mouth expression, and it's extremely close to accurate. It's my fav of the three really:

tdkpicture239ks4.jpg

dxbatman09.jpg

My Batman has entered the country!

Not sure how long it will take to get to my house or if it'll be stuck at customs or not but thats good news.

I've always liked the smiling expression I dunno why. Never thought it looked dumb.

I should be getting mine today. Its in the area and hopefully out for delivery shortly.

I don't get how people think it's a 'goofy smiling mouth' - to me it's a speaking mouth expression, and it's extremely close to accurate. It's my fav of the three really:

When lit properly and used with the right head pose and eye position, the open mouth piece can look really cool and effective like Bale's lips would get at times. The wrong combinations and it can look silly though.

One thing I find odd, when the mouth pieces aren't in the head, the pissed face and the neutral one almost look identical just sitting on desk top or anywhere, they don't really get context until you combine them with the rest of the head, the small differences look very subtle without being in the head sculpt.

It seems like there is still a difference in terms of the brightness of the sonar lenses. (love the photos regardless...;))

There's no difference in the brightness, the effect is caused by the design.

The light source is just like Iron Man, light from the ball joint the head rests on, but with the shape of Batman's head, it sits fairly back from the eyes, and the eyes are just one long hollow tube from teh ball joint to the lenses, so, depending on the angle you look at the figure at, you'll get more or less a direct path to the light source so it can look brighter or darker. I like that style though compared to if they had the light right behind the eyes, that would usually mean a sculpted neck and sacrificed posability, this method gives you posability and the light effect. It's really cool too, if you look closely, the light part of the lens has this faint speckling paint effect to mimic the girtty look of the Sonar eyes from the film, they really did a nice job.

Yeah i love how the did the sonar eyes - and good point about the difference between the open and closed mouth pieces, makes a big difference in the context of the whole head, rather than on their own.

Still looking forward to some sculptors / customizers on here having a crack at some further mouth pieces - should be pretty easy actually if one were to start with one of the pieces and re-sculpt it - but i'm no sculptor so i'm just guessing!

Sculpting would probably be easy, but then, I think for appearances, you'd have to repaint all the mouth pieces to make them have a consistent look, though maybe someone wouldn't care about that since you'd only use one at a time, but personally it'd drive me nuts to have one mouth look one way and have the others look totally different.

I WAS very satisfied with my Medi Bats until I saw some of these recent photo's. Thanks a lot, MF and Agen :mad: Now I begin the search to find one.....

Sculpting would probably be easy, but then, I think for appearances, you'd have to repaint all the mouth pieces to make them have a consistent look, though maybe someone wouldn't care about that since you'd only use one at a time, but personally it'd drive me nuts to have one mouth look one way and have the others look totally different.

I wouldn't care so much if the paint was a bit different on a custom mouth piece - but I can see where you're coming from too

I wouldn't care so much if the paint was a bit different on a custom mouth piece - but I can see where you're coming from too

Yeah, I'm big on consistency when it should be, like when a company does multiple heads of the same character, I prefer the same sculptor so they all look alike, paint apps to be similar.

I have a question regarding the cape area. From reading the instructions, it tells me to insert the cape and then PRESS DOWN on the clip. I did it and it seems like my clip insert area is damaged.. had anybody experienced this?

There's no difference in the brightness, the effect is caused by the design.

The light source is just like Iron Man, light from the ball joint the head rests on, but with the shape of Batman's head, it sits fairly back from the eyes, and the eyes are just one long hollow tube from teh ball joint to the lenses, so, depending on the angle you look at the figure at, you'll get more or less a direct path to the light source so it can look brighter or darker. I like that style though compared to if they had the light right behind the eyes, that would usually mean a sculpted neck and sacrificed posability, this method gives you posability and the light effect. It's really cool too, if you look closely, the light part of the lens has this faint speckling paint effect to mimic the girtty look of the Sonar eyes from the film, they really did a nice job.

Ahhh, OK. Thanks for clearing that up Maul.

I wanted to clarify for myself - are both belts that come with the DX 02 causing the oil issue or just one of them? I haven't got mine yet and I'm curious, if only one causes the oil issue, I'll just display the figure with the other belt.

Back