1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

No, but close. With the cape behind his arms/shoulders please. Just want to see the scale of the suit. There's a few shots I had seen of someones few weeks ago here, could have been Cr0w's or was it void's can't remember but it was showing how slim this was to the original suit.

V1DXCOMP9.jpg

I boosted the lighting to make the edges more distinct.

Mmmm, ain't that grand! Just as I thought from little peeks of their photos (previously said) I had a feeling the new suit they nailed the scale against the original suit.

Yup, the only things I'd change on the DX as far as appearance goes would be a wider/rounder head and thicker neck, though not as thick as Tin went, that was a bit too much.

To be honest seeing your previous photo, I'd say the neck on v1 was perfect.

I can't help but think someone is behind the DX pulling the living daylights out of the neck creating it to look super tight and thin. It's creating a somewhat off balance look as if the shoulders are rather too broad.

Why was the neck so small height wise on Tommy's... it looked a bit more in scale.

Not really sure what cause the neck to look perfect in height on the Prototype and Tommy's shots, but I do know the DX and the Prototype are quite different. While the Prototype was vastly slimmer looking than the v1, I do agree with people saying it was the v1 suit, I think they somehow quickly worked up a slimmer figure using the v1 suit molds to have a prototype shortly after Joker while TDK was still on people's minds and continued the design work on the actual suit pieces.

I tried to mirror this proto shot but the difference in where the head falls relative to the shoulders between proto and production won't allow it to be exact.

DX02_TDK_Batman_04.jpg

195.jpg
'

Loved the neck height in these shots of Tommy's.

ap_20090711105447461.jpg.jpg

ap_20090711105504744.jpg.jpg

Couldn't you dremmel the inside of the head a bit to make it sit a little further down on the neck post?

Not really, the whole inside is basically right to the PERS control, I wouldn't dare try to hollow the PERS head out any more than it is. It doesn't look terrible as is, just the proto looked shorter and a little better.

Wouldn't that be a problem because of the magnetic parts?...

Wouldn't that be a problem because of the magnetic parts?...

No, the magnet is in the neck, what's in the head is a thin metal piece lining the rim of the head, so you could pry that off, do dremel work and put it back, but honestly, the head is quite hollowed out, there really isn't much room left to go up into the head.

Does anyone know what this figure will be selling for when it hits the US? I know the MSRP is about $195 but I also know that some places are selling it for cheaper.

I think the neck looks too short in "Tommy's shots"

Loved the neck height in these shots of Tommy's.

ap_20090711105504744.jpg.jpg

are you kidding me? :D
the neck-height in this pic goes to zero. i'm happy that he didn't come with that neck. but i have to agree that the dx one is a bit too long and when bats looking down, it looks a bit weird behind on his neck and head

V1DXCOMP9.jpg

I boosted the lighting to make the edges more distinct.

I agree that the V section at the front of the neck should go deeper into the body like in the picture
The figure still looks awesome regardless
the-dark-knight-20080626110541114_6.jpg

I don't own the Original suit, and sadly never will in all likelihood, but I have to say that figure is still Hot Toys best Batman.
It's a thing of beauty to behold

His neck looks too narrow in that pic. Damn, I really wish I had OC Batman and the DX :(

Modified neck, by Tin of Toys Daily:

BatmanDXM02.jpg

BatmanDXM01.jpg

BatmanDXM05.jpg

BatmanDXM06.jpg

It is thickened, not lengthened.
DSCF4945s.jpg
DSCF4948s.jpg

Frankly, I think it's unnecessary and maybe even a bit too thick now, but there it is.

The rest of the photos (w/sonar head and oddly long neck): https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/forum-39-1.html

Here is a neck mod that was posted a while back

was there ever a tutorial on how he did this? I think the thickened neck looks better than the thin long one

Back