1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

So, I skipped reading through the back posts, but are these issues caused by packaging or something else??

The cause is only speculation, there is no definitive answer, so we've been uncertain could it be fixed, at least the paint peeling issue, and how long would it take to make future batches come out problem free and all. It's been ugly and has struck a lot of fear and anger in people, but I think with a cool head and a little faith, you can hold out and get a great figure.

Thanks!! I have no intention on buying one of these unless I can get one for dirt cheap later this year. I'm more than happy with the current Dark Knight figure even though the light up feature is awesome.

Not, i will not try it.

The new Batman is the best figure i have in my entire collection. Fantastic accesories, amazing details.
it is the best figure i saw in my life.

I am not so sure your acceptance level, but your reluctance to put your little fingers to rub it softly is enough to tell me that you agree it's not a durable figure with long lasting material..........But it seems you are very happy with it compared to the long faces in HK.

Maybe the acceptance level between overseas and HK fans are different.

I can't blame Kapital, perhaps rubbing would reveal a problem, but if using the figure how they want to hasn't exposed a problem, why do something to it that could.

What really matters is that people can be happy with the figure and it serves the purpose they want.

If they want to barely pose it and stick it on the shelf and there's no issue of peeling there and you have to really pose the early batch figures to expose the peeling problem, then who cares if it might peel, as long as it's not showing defects in the way you want to use it.

I am not so sure your acceptance level, but your reluctance to put your little fingers to rub it softly is enough to tell me that you agree it's not a durable figure with long lasting material..........But it seems you are very happy with it compared to the long faces in HK.

Maybe the acceptance level between overseas and HK fans are different.

I don't think you would want to either. That's like saying for someone to bend the Green Hornet Kato figure's mask to see if it breaks, or to tell someone to push down on the joystick of the dx joker to see if the PERS breaks.

I can't blame Kapital, perhaps rubbing would reveal a problem, but if using the figure how they want to hasn't exposed a problem, why do something to it that could.

What really matters is that people can be happy with the figure and it serves the purpose they want.

If they want to barely pose it and stick it on the shelf and there's no issue of peeling there and you have to really pose the early batch figures to expose the peeling problem, then who cares if it might peel, as long as it's not showing defects in the way you want to use it.

Yes, same issue can be viewed at different angles...as long as the buyer is happy, i agree all the problems are not problems at all, that's very true.

basically everything here

19737_227523966306_592211306_3601495_1067608_n.jpg

Thank you Centrocal, these things are way too expensive to have these kinds of defects. DC Direct ones should be good to go so I have no problem on waiting. Better than the ridiculoid price that they are going for in the commerce section (230 American) pfft!

I don't think you would want to either. That's like saying for someone to bend the Green Hornet Kato figure's mask to see if it breaks, or to tell someone to push down on the joystick of the dx joker to see if the PERS breaks.

:lol

I agree, Ed.

Some people are just nuts, and have no boundaries!

The problem with the shoulder armor is that's where the mold was cut off. That's pretty much always gonna happen. It varies.

Version 1 also had some problems where the piece down the center of his back was a bit off-center.

THAT looks like just a piece of something that got painted over.

Which is pretty damn small.

OK, misshapen heads, messed up sonar eyes and pealing paint is a major problem which Hot Toys will be fixing (from what they've said).

The other things are just people being overly picky. These things happen on pretty much everything. It's mostly random. So you may send it back and get a replacement, but end up with another "problem".

If you're looking for those problems, chances are you're gonna find them.

Especially with a magnifying glass. :D

Nothing is going to end up exactly perfect.

If it bothers you that much, you might as well stop collecting. :)

I can't say i don't like Americans but the root cause of the world's affected financial tsnami are excessive spendings and borrowings in US. Developing country, where majority is still suffering, have to keep putting money in deteriorating US investment to maintain financial stability........

I just get to know from HT FB a US guy just bought 4 very same DX Batman because he can show all different facial expressions in his home and FB.......

So what can i say?

I was just joking.

The problem with the shoulder armor is that's where the mold was cut off. That's pretty much always gonna happen. It varies.

Version 1 also had some problems where the piece down the center of his back was a bit off-center.

THAT looks like just a piece of something that got painted over.

Which is pretty damn small.

OK, misshapen heads, messed up sonar eyes and pealing paint is a major problem which Hot Toys will be fixing (from what they've said).

The other things are just people being overly picky. These things happen on pretty much everything. It's mostly random. So you may send it back and get a replacement, but end up with another "problem".

If you're looking for those problems, chances are you're gonna find them.

Especially with a magnifying glass. :D

Nothing is going to end up exactly perfect.

If it bothers you that much, you might as well stop collecting. :)

That's what I've been trying to get at and why I keep saying I feel like some of the HK FB reports are being blown out of scale.

There are clear QC issues like misshapen heads, peeling paint and issues with the sonar lenses, then there are small, "defect" marks which are common to mass produced figures, but because of the other problems, these common, unavoidable markings are getting more attention than ever and are being treated as if it's a defective figure and something that can be avoided.

I will not accept misshapen heads or peeling paint, but some of the other reported "defects" are common occurrances I find with any figure that has parts which are made through a mold process or anything that isn't fabric, it just happens. If you pursue a figure without any of that, odds are you're not going to find it and if you do, congrats because you've found a very rare gem.

That's what I've been trying to get at and why I keep saying I feel like some of the HK FB reports are being blown out of scale.

There are clear QC issues like misshapen heads, peeling paint and issues with the sonar lenses, then there are small, "defect" marks which are common to mass produced figures, but because of the other problems, these common, unavoidable markings are getting more attention than ever and are being treated as if it's a defective figure and something that can be avoided.

I will not accept misshapen heads or peeling paint, but some of the other reported "defects" are common occurrances I find with any figure that has parts which are made through a mold process or anything that isn't fabric, it just happens. If you pursue a figure without any of that, odds are you're not going to find it and if you do, congrats because you've found a very rare gem.

The slight slanted head and the sonar lenses to be honest are small defects to me....
But those circled by Antronus, maybe those defined as common occurrances by you, are defintely core defects to me....
I just asked my wife to take a look at the figure she cannot spot the slanted head and sonar problems but she can spot similar problems circled by Antronus....

I am not sure whether i am picky...

My John, Dutch, Joker, ironman are all perfect and i don't think they are rare........With this selling price, people deserve perfect figure and i am still collecting them.

Just imagine you goto buy a new car with good brand name. They mostly can achieve 0 defect on the appearance and internal parts. We find no contamination in Coca Cola, again 0 defect. Why? This is because their target/vision is to provide perfect customer satisfaction.

Should Customer accept defects nowaday? Should customer define defects into core and non-core for the provider and tell them just to improve the core ones?

Last edited:

100% with you !!!.

I don´t need to rubb the figure to check if is defective or not, i will pose it and leave it in that position.

Yes, i only contacted hot toys for my defective sonar head.

They answered me so fast and told me to send it my defective head or destroy it and send pictures to receive my new sonar head.

Unpacking mine right now! Everything looks pretty much perfect, as usual with Hot Toys! :rock:rock:rock

Well, I would say that Hot Toys has already established themselves to be a company that is really setting the bar with what they are doing at this point in time. And as you said, all their past releases have been pretty much flawless, even the figures that have rubber suits over them (V1 Dark Knight costume and Original costume). I really believe that this issue is just specific to the DX Batman and that Hot Toys are taking steps to resolve this issue based on their responses to customer complaints regarding the warped cowls and peeling rubber.

Hey, we have to remember that this is one of the only figures that they've actually been able to release on the release date that they initially set. Props to them for trying, but in execution, there were evidently issues with production. I think we collectors just have to be patient and give Hot Toys a bit of time to sort this out. I'm quite sure that they would not want to tarnish their reputation over this one release.

Looking at the pictures above from behind,the shoulder armour is lower on one side compared to the other from the neck down.This is causing the under amour to look wrong
.The more pictures i see from the front too the whole suit is higher on one side compared to the other.Look at the distance from the neck to the shoulder armour as a starting point on one side and then look at the other side its way off.

Oh no, not another problem. Are there pics of those here?

Back