1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I also agree that if you can improve upon it in anyway to make it look even better than why not send Hottoys the suggestion. But when you have to zoom in 500x to see an inaccuracy what's the big deal? it's a bit ridiculous.

Yes everyone who is saying 'wait till you see the final product before you complain' Well by that time if theres anything to complain about it doesn't matter cause its finished and can't be changed.

The time to voice your opinion about the details is right now before the 'cement dries' sort of speak :lecture

One thing I notice in these photos, the kevlar pattern on the legs doesn't stand out as much as it does on the torso and chest, not sure why that is, I'd think the film suit used the same materials, but I'm sure it's why HT misses it, and honestly it doesn't bother me if it's missing on the figure because to be film accurrate, you'd barely see it anyway. The spots that should stand out and constrast do, that's most important. I care about accurracy when it can change the overall look significantly, but some things are so minute or subtle that making sure the figure has them is really a mental thing, you won't notice it's there, but you'll know and because you know it's there in the film it'll give you some satisfaction.

Head shape, body proportions, contrast of the silver and black, these are things that concern me because if they're wrong, it will affect the overall visual, like if Joker's coat isn't clearly purple.

To agonistes86:

20090713_f57e32fe51769b713788bNg46PjDVGgd.jpg

You can see in this pic (lower right hand corner) both of the utility belts that come with the figure (Standard plastic + 1 metal/magnetic). Not sure why the official proto pics omit that. :confused

Is it just me or does the DX seem to be REALLY bulky looking in this picture? I mean, this picture makes the figure itself look no different as compared to the first version other than some minor tweaks in the armour.

I think it looked a lot slimmer in the prototype pictures due to the lighting used for those photos.

Hmm.. I hope Hot Toys tries to slim it down a bit more.

I also agree that if you can improve upon it in anyway to make it look even better than why not send Hottoys the suggestion. But when you have to zoom in 500x to see an inaccuracy what's the big deal? it's a bit ridiculous.

thats just to show my suggestion of how that Medi masked rider eyes can be implemented on the suit. and since i dont have the real thing in my hand to be scanned/photographed,zooming it would be the best way to show it. if i were to zoom it 499x only im pretty sure that u wont get what i meant.

and it mite seem like a tedious thing to do for u,but i just did it with a flick of my eyebrow.

Probably ^ I LOVE the longer cape personally.
I think we'll all just have to agree it's an amazing figure, really where does it end :p lol. I would be perfectly happy with the figure as is, they could never get a mass produced 1/6th figure PERFECT i suppose.
However, jokes aside, a few more solid quarrels i have. The huge forearms are because the arm gauntlets are so dead straight/up and down/vertical. They need to narrow in like a real arm, and the swirled twisted pattern adds to the slimmer look again. It looks like he's wearing the antique formed metal gauntlets like knights used to, opposed to a properly moulded rubber suit. (even the knights look slimmer and taper in :p)
2ndly, why does the figure have such a tiny neck? It's not like they couldnt actually make it, almost inline with the head width? Or can't they, for some reason?
Lastly, it IS the dx, i think they should actually use a carbon fibre looking material, like the medi suit has done, instead of the wannabee perforated rubber carbon looking stuff. Would add HEAPS to the figure!
comparison333.jpg

Am I the only one that wants the more screen accurate shorter cape with this?

I personally like the longer because I think I'll be able to swap with the first figure cape and have options, but if I didn't have the first figure, then yeah, I'd want the shorter cape.

The long cape visually lends better to Begins because that costume was about being a symbol and creating a strong visual, the TDK suit is about functionality, the Batman impression has been left on criminals, it's now about kicking ass and the shorter cape makes more sense.

Am I the only one that wants the more screen accurate shorter cape with this?

I am with you all of the way. The cape should not be as short as the V1 cape but should be shorter than this cape.

I personally like the longer because I think I'll be able to swap with the first figure cape and have options, but if I didn't have the first figure, then yeah, I'd want the shorter cape.

The long cape visually lends better to Begins because that costume was about being a symbol and creating a strong visual, the TDK suit is about functionality, the Batman impression has been left on criminals, it's now about kicking ass and the shorter cape makes more sense.

I totally agree with that. But I think one thing regarding the cape that Hot Toys should work on would be those clasps that attach the cape to the top of the torso. In my opinion, those did not work that effectively on the first version. The cape on mine came unattached and it was a PAIN to get it to stay put.

It has to be both. You have to give people options to use one or the other or you'll never please anyone.

I totally agree with that. But I think one thing regarding the cape that Hot Toys should work on would be those clasps that attach the cape to the top of the torso. In my opinion, those did not work that effectively on the first version. The cape on mine came unattached and it was a PAIN to get it to stay put.

Ya, the clips weren't a great design, nice concept, but too snug a fit to get those into the armor.

I want the longer one; keep it through production Hot Toys :rock

Looks way too slick looking to not have it long. I never liked how the MMS release looked with the short cape.

It's really nice, but I'm finding myself drawn to the angry one, it just make the figure look like a beast.

Yep, that expression rocks. Reminds me of the nightclub scene. When he pounds through all the guards and jumps on Maroni's table.

Yep, that expression rocks. Reminds me of the nightclub scene. When he pounds through all the guards and jumps on Maroni's table.

All the action scenes. The other one people are talking about is a nice Bale likeness and good for quiet moments, but the angry face is great for ass kicking poses and I think really adds to the sonar look, the flat face is ok for that, but the emotion of the angry mouth really makes that head pop.

I want the longer one; keep it through production Hot Toys :rock

Looks way too slick looking to not have it long. I never liked how the MMS release looked with the short cape.

thats what im talking about. please keep the long cape

Considering it's a DX it should really have 2 swappable capes.

:wacky

Back