1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Next DX...Gordon? Anyone? He was in both movies after all, probably staying for the ride aswell.

I expected to see a Bruce Wayne suit in addition to the Batman extras so I'm surprised. I wasn't expecting multiple Batman heads with inter-changeable facial expressions. I was hoping the figure looked great but didn't offer enough to warrant buying it, but I'm going to cave in and order one b/c it has just enough to make it worth it IMO. This DX stuff is going to drive me batty (pun intended).

So now that we've seen the full pics of the DX TDK Batman what do you guys think about that pic I found:

07-01-2009, 12:40 AM
WHOA!!!!

So I click on this site and start checking around and I see this banner in the TDK section:

mmsthedarkknight.png

THAT does not look like the TDK Batman HT previously released:

lightened.png

Compare the shoulder/chest armor and head. DX TDK Batman? Hmmmm..

Real or Fake?

So now that we've seen the full pics of the DX TDK Batman what do you guys think about that pic I found:

Real or Fake?

As in, was that test website a hoax? Or do you mean just the banner? The mouth on the Batman figure in the banner is not like any of the expressions included with the DX.

At this point, does it matter?

Anyway, I'm disappointed that we're not getting another Bruce sculpt. I would assume Yulli couldn't possibly be happy with the V1 and V2 Bruce heads.

Real or Fake?

As I stated back then, 100% fakeraroo p/s pic.

Damned glad too! :D

Great looking figure! I don't see Bale in the angry sculpt but the others I do. No Bale head is okay since it's pretty clear Hot Toys has trouble getting Bale's face down. Love the lightup sonar eyes and backpack...but the head is still too elongated. I am going to buy this to go along with my Medicom Batman and DX Joker...now what to do with V1 TDK Batman and Joker...:sick

The more I think about it, the more I want a bale sculpt to go with this. Does anyone think that the older Bale sculpt from either the Begins suit or the newer TDK one will fit on this batman? Their neck sizes are pretty much universal, right?

...now what to do with V1 TDK Batman and Joker...:sick

Sell it fast!!!....wait wasn't this the endall figure of the century a few months back?! Man HT is making a bunch of fickle minded loons out of all of us and laughing all the way to the bank!:lol

With all that said I have mine up for sale.:lol

So two DX figs are announced so far and it has me wondering how many will be released per year? Looks like 6 months in between Joker and Batman. If that pace holds true then two a year would be a cool pace seeing how the price is pretty high and the normal MMSs will keep on rolling. It seems like this would be an awesome line to keep picking up through various franchises and incarnations. If this level of quality keeps up I would buy just about anything as long as the franchise wasn't something I disliked. I'm hoping for a Reeve Superman more then anything.

The more I think about it, the more I want a bale sculpt to go with this. Does anyone think that the older Bale sculpt from either the Begins suit or the newer TDK one will fit on this batman? Their neck sizes are pretty much universal, right?

Yes, it will definitely fit. You'll probably need to use the one that comes with the V1 TDK Batman for the long neck.

Wow! i'm sold off my first batman and decided that i don't need him in my collection but man, i must get this one! Looks awesome!

wait wasn't this the endall figure of the century a few months back?!

:lol

I guess the only way to be certain Hot Toys won't remake a figure is if it's absolutely flawless the first time it comes out. Hopefully that's the way it will work.

Am I the only one who sees the ultimate Bale likeness in this one?
I don't know why there's only one promo shot with that display, IMO it's the most accurate one...

Referring to the ultimate Bale likeness, I see Bale mostly in the open mouth sculpt, then the normal one. I honestly see no Bale in the angry sculpt, but it is still a cool and dynamic one.

Last edited:
Back