1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Generally speaking...Whoa.

...now let's pick apart to death like we did with DX Joker.

Something does seems off with that one mouth, but then it is proto shot so who knows, well we can always nag them about that anyway. Interchangeable mouth and PERS and light up Sonar eyes?!? Surprised I am, I'm also surprised we were actually given better scaled heads...finally. Cape is too long, but didn't the first protoype shots of the the regular MMS TDK Batman feature a super long and dramatic cape too? Hmm, kinda disappointed we have no likeness accurate and scale accurate Wayne head. Maybe they'll try to rape us up the ass like Medicom did with releasing a Bruce Wayne figure? Although that does seem unlikely...but then we have taken it up the ass before for HT haven't we all? (points to DX Bat and DX Joker pics) ^______^

you have all this nice and you are still whining about a Wayne head??

un ^^^^ing believable :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DX02_TDK_Batman_21.jpg

Don't suppose that little stand holding the extra head is included. With all the extra goodies by way of heads and Predator masks, it's getting to the point where a little display stand like that would be nice.

I can care less about a wayne head or suit my only thing I want to be perfect is the batman himself, accessories are just an extra added bonus.

So HT had two choices: Make two belts, one with nothing on it with magnetic properties to attach the sticky gun + a normal belt with all the attachments..

Again.. purely speculation on my part.

Ah, it didn't accur to me that only one of the belts could be magnetic and the other one is not and features all the regular stuff like the capsules etc. That would definitely make sense. :)

Oh man, just looking at these new pics. I am so pleased about this, its the definitive batman for me, with all the accessories I wished for. Magnificent!
It's a shame for the guys who wanted a bruce wayne head :rotfl :rotfl :lol :lol

Well, for what it's worth I think it looks freakin amazing, loving the sonar eyes and sticky gun. The suit and build looks far better to me (but I still love the V1, it's still on my book shelf right now un-modded with BR Jkr and 2 Face).
This just looks like the cherry on top to me. Cant wait to see the DX packaging as well.

WOW!!!! And I thought HT's first TDK Bats was good (despite it's flaws). I definantly gotta get in on this one. I still wish HT would have used a mesh material for the body suit instead of rubber but in the end I'm not going to complain!

Well, for what it's worth I think it looks freakin amazing, loving the sonar eyes and sticky gun. The suit and build looks far better to me (but I still love the V1, it's still on my book shelf right now un-modded with BR Jkr and 2 Face).
This just looks like the cherry on top to me. Cant wait to see the DX packaging as well.

Wookster thanks for sharing these photos with us. It's a wonderful day today.

Ah, it didn't accur to me that only one of the belts could be magnetic and the other one is not and features all the regular stuff like the capsules etc. That would definitely make sense. :)

I actually think BOTH have magnetic aspects though. Just one doesn't have all the capsules and stuff. The one with permanent attachments (little boxes/capsules) still has magnetic properties imo to hold the little bombs and possibly the attachment to mount the grapple gun to the hip.

you have all this nice and you are still whining about a Wayne head??

un ^^^^ing believable :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know, I know I shouldn't right? :lol

The only reason I am is because I never used the Wayne head on the MMS TDK Batman so I went ahead, bought a suit for it and kitbashed one. Didn't realize how tiny the head was til I actually kitbashed it so, basically if I never bought spare parts to make use of a spare part I wouldn't be nitpicky.

Meh, I'll get over it but I had to get it out of my system first.

I have to admit that originally I was lukewarm with this announcement. As a big Batman fan, I already have what seems like tons of Bats in sixth scale based on his latest movie appearances. I assumed I really didn't need one more.

I was wrong. Not the first time, not the last time, but still...I was most definitely wrong. I gotta have this guy!

I know, I know I shouldn't right? :lol

The only reason I am is because I never used the Wayne head on the MMS TDK Batman so I went ahead, bought a suit for it and kitbashed one. Didn't realize how tiny the head was til I actually kitbashed it so, basically if I never bought spare parts to make use of a spare part I wouldn't be nitpicky.

Meh, I'll get over it but I had to get it out of my system first.

I think that once the slender body is out, one of the two previous Wayne heads will look much better on it, wearing a suit.

I can't tell because the pictures are tiny here at work but did they fix how the cape attachs?

This thing is brilliant. Definitely the most inovative figure HT has ever done and probably any company has ever done.

I love the expressions and the detail that was put into them. The only thing I don't like are the stands. They're really cool but I like all my stands to match.

I guess they gave up on trying to get a portrait that looks anything like Christian Bale. Figure looks great. Cowl still looks elongated.

i just wanna throw this out there...but i came REALLLLLLL close to buying the medicom fig.

so glad i waited this time around.

not bashing it mind you. it looks nice...

but with what HT did...c'mon. look at 'er! i mean....come on.

sick. 2010 can't come sooner.

any way to petition for this sucka to come out earlier??

So now I kinda want to get a BatPod to display/justify the V1 in my collection. But that's not a good reason to buy the BatPod, right? And not that it was used this way in the film or would be a safe way to drive, but I kinda want to display Batman driving the BatPod with the Sonar eyes lit up. I think that might be pretty cool sitting on a shelf.

So now I kinda want to get a BatPod to display/justify the V1 in my collection. But that's not a good reason to buy the BatPod, right? And not that it was used this way in the film or would be a safe way to drive, but I kinda want to display Batman driving the BatPod with the Sonar eyes lit up. I think that might be pretty cool sitting on a shelf.

Joe may still have some. I just bought one for 210 dollars shipped brand new.

I actually think BOTH have magnetic aspects though. Just one doesn't have all the capsules and stuff. The one with permanent attachments (little boxes/capsules) still has magnetic properties imo to hold the little bombs and possibly the attachment to mount the grapple gun to the hip.

Looking some more over the pic, I do get the feeling that only the one belt is magnetic.
Here you can see that the attachment for the grapnel gun isn't magnetic, so the first belt would technically only have to be magnetic for the sticky gun:

And in these two pics (love them BTW) I really get a metal vibe from one, and a plastic from the other, although lighting plays a big factor in these images too, as can be seen in the difference of the look of the suit:

Eitherway I'm very pleased we'll be getting two belts, especially since I'll be able to replace the TDK BB suit version's belt, which has the (ugly) Batarang holder in the front. :)

Back