1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Amazing work IMO, the interchangable mouth piece is incredible, you can simply choose the expression you like best.
Was leaves me wondering is this though:
and two (2) interchangeable and Magnet featured Batman Utility Belts etc
Why two belts (maybe to change the V1 version), and why aren't there two in the complete picture with all the accessories?

It's...beautiful. Sort of dissappointed that he doesn't come with a new Bruce head and empty cowl though. Also, I called that interchangeable mouth system a long time ago. :D

No Bruce Wayne suit? Are they waiting to release a Bruce Wayne figure or something?

But I love the new faces. Goddamn, but they are expressive.

wow the cowl accuracy is pretty amazing, im not sure about the rough surface on the cowl though.
the cape material still the same, and it still rubber on the suit.
slimmer appearance.
so there's no bruce wayne head huh?
but its a pretty good offer i must say.

Damn, 2010. Though I had a feeling it would be next year. :eek:

Really expected an improved Wayne and Wayne suit to be included. Perhaps, hopefully, they will release an MMS one.

I really like what they did but it is no where near slim enough and the armor on the stomach and leg area looks the same as V1 where it is hard to tell and gets dried out after time where as the medicom has very distinctive armor that stands out.

Man, this figure looks awesome:rock

DX02_TDK_Batman_18.jpg

I like this picture the best!!! :rock

I made a comparison between the old HT, this DX and the Medicom of the torso and a sideview comparison

sideview%20compare.JPG

torso%20compare.JPG

I didn't want to buy the HT because of its bulkiness and he had a strange stare in his eyes + the head looked weird.
Also on many sideviews of the HT V1 he just looked ugly.

The Medicom was a much much better improvement! the head sculpt is on, the body is slim as it should be.
But the color of the eyes is way of and it didn't had many extra's

So now I think HT has combined the best of the 2 with this DX.
It has freakin cool extra's!!!
- Sticky Gun that can be caried on the belt and that can be assembled.
- Sonar Vision
- backpack
- even PERS + different mouths

but most important imo:
- Headsculpt that can easily compete with the Medi-headsculpt = > CHECK
- A slimmer looking body that also can compete with Medi's => CHECK

I really like what they did but it is no where near slim enough and the armor on the stomach and leg area looks the same as V1 where it is hard to tell and gets dried out after time where as the medicom has very distinctive armor that stands out.

Yet they cheap out and paint up the abs/ribs but I see nothing on side of the legs/knees. The only carbon kevlar details is the chest and side of the arms. Same boots as well. :/

I still can't stand the abs on this. It's still too thin like v1.

Generally speaking...Whoa.

...now let's pick apart to death like we did with DX Joker.

Something does seems off with that one mouth, but then it is proto shot so who knows, well we can always nag them about that anyway. Interchangeable mouth and PERS and light up Sonar eyes?!? Surprised I am, I'm also surprised we were actually given better scaled heads...finally. Cape is too long, but didn't the first protoype shots of the the regular MMS TDK Batman feature a super long and dramatic cape too? Hmm, kinda disappointed we have no likeness accurate and scale accurate Wayne head. Maybe they'll try to rape us up the ass like Medicom did with releasing a Bruce Wayne figure? Although that does seem unlikely...but then we have taken it up the ass before for HT haven't we all? (points to DX Bat and DX Joker pics) ^______^

Man, tuff crowd. You guys must have some empty shelves.

Was leaves me wondering is this though:

Why two belts (maybe to change the V1 version), and why aren't there two in the complete picture with all the accessories?

As far as why two belts aren't pictured: no clue. But to answer why two belts:

*Keep in mind, this is 100% speculation on my part*

When Batman jumps off the roof, he doesn't have anything attached to his utility belt. Except the sticky gun.

dk0012hr1.jpg

So HT had two choices: Make two belts, one with nothing on it with magnetic properties to attach the sticky gun + a normal belt with all the attachments..

OR..

Make a single belt with magnetic properties where EVERYTHING could be attached. And imo that would've been a pain in the ass because every time you'd touch the belt to pose it etc. I'm sure the little attachments (capsules, etc.) would fall off.

So I think that's why there's two belts. You can see the differences in these pics:

NORMAL BELT
DX02_TDK_Batman_18.jpg

This belt also has a little seperate attachment to mount the gun on the side seen in this pic above the Sticky Gun, next to the Grappling Gun:

DX02_TDK_Batman_21.jpg

MAGNETIC BELT
DX02_TDK_Batman_10.jpg

Again.. purely speculation on my part.

:lol :lecture

I don't really know much about all the different versions out there, so as someone who's not 'in the know', this figure looks incredible, and I can't wait to order it.

you're right about the "tuff crowd' comment...but since this fig is so close to perfection, i guess we all want HT to make the extra step to finally bring us the end all be all bats 1/6 fig.

hell i'm still getting this no MATTER what and cost. it looks too sick to pass up.

on the flip side though, if HT's fans didn't go chicken little once in a while, the godfather figure wouldn't have come out as marvelous as it did.

so constructive criticism is best...not what some of the people here are doing.

Last Batman collectable I bought was the Hot Wheels Batmobile - had little interest at all until I saw this.
Phenomenal. And sold!

Back