MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been debating whether to sell this guy on in hopes they revisit. How good are the changes you feel Hot Toys will in fact take another pass at this? Would love to hear your thoughts.

I wouldn't hold my breath for another version; even if they did, I think it could be a looooooooooooooooooong time. But my guess is that we have seen the last MkIII figure from Hot Toys.

I’ve been debating whether to sell this guy on in hopes they revisit. How good are the changes you feel Hot Toys will in fact take another pass at this? Would love to hear your thoughts.

I just bought one from another member but considering (1) it's Hot Toys and (2) it's Iron Man, I wouldn't be surprised if they at least revise this and make a heavily battle damaged version with a full Tony sculpt and swap out undamaged parts before too long.

I'd like to see this in 1/4 scale sooner than later though.

They may very well revisit this. It really all depends on how their merchandising rights with Marvel/Disney work. IF it's a movie by movie contract rather than "all Iron Man Movies" as a whole, they'd have to keep releasing something from each movie within a specified time period or loose the rights and then need to re negotiate. We still have the DCMKII coming, then they'd most likely redo a DCMKI, and then even a new DC Iron Monger until eventually visiting the MKIII again. So could be quite a few years before they ever bother with a MKIII again. Or they surprise and do a BD version like they did originally. But that would be a fail if it isn't a totally new figure and just rather a reuse of the undersized DCMKIII. Still need to see how the DCMKII fits and if it is just a silver DCMKIII.

If the Diecast Mark II is completely new and corrected, height-wise to scale with the other DC figures…
then I could see a "Maroon" Mark III version released as a "Summer Exclusive".

At that point, it is figure that they could do a pretty quick turn on. Get the darker red going
with the metallic gold from the DC Mark VI, and you would have the ultimate Mark III.

Again, all that is a big IF, as far as what the DC Mark II turns out to be.

If the Diecast Mark II is completely new and corrected, height-wise to scale with the other DC figures…

At that point, it is figure that they could do a pretty quick turn on. Get the darker red going
with the metallic gold from the DC Mark VI, and you would have the ultimate Mark III.

I just looked up the old specs of the MkII DC and it was listed at approximately 30cm tall, and the MkII is listed as approximately 31cm. Interesting, but that really isn't that much taller and I am not sure what to do with the word "approximately".

But IF this is a completely new and reworked figure than I can see them doing the MkIII again based on it.

I completely agree with you. I'm waiting to see how the Mk2 proportions turn out. If it's the same as the current DC Mk3, then it'll be time to accept it for what it is and pull the trigger on it. If the Mk2 is improved, I'll hold out hope that the Mk3 will be revisited again.

I hope you're right! I'd be all over a maroon Mk3.

What's the value of the exclusive version of this guy (with the Pepper Potts arc reactor display), displayed but in excellent condition?

Just got this in from Titanchuck and I absolutely love it. Beautiful figure. I can't wait to snap some more pics.

IMG_5752.JPG

Really like that base design. It's basic but still cooler looking than the generic black ovals I'm forced to use with most of my figures.

I tweaked it just a little last week to make it more similar to HT's. I think it'll look a bit nicer.

Congrats on picking up the MkIII, Coco.

Its my one and only Ironman figure and I love it.

I avoided it all this time since pics didn't look that great to me but it's really a nice figure.

Can someone post a side to side photo with armor unleashed mark 2? Quite tempted with this mark 3

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Back