MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm curious. What does a normal person do with figures in your opinion?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Hahahaha

I think we shouldn't mind him.
He comes off very antagonizing. It's like "it's his way or the highway" mentality.

Sent from my XT1225 using Tapatalk

Although I tend not to pose or "play" with my figures much, I do find it a bit disappointing that hot toys would put out a figure based on a old design with such limited pose-ability at the same price point as their newer, better engineered figures.

He is hated by the people who buy figures to play with. A normal person would have no problems with this figure.

The proportions are bad, it is short, the color is inconsistent with the line, it has poor or non existent articulation, in general it is a huge backwards step in the design of these figures. It is a lazy effort from HT to barely update their original Mk2/3 chassis when they should have re-engineered it from the start. Compare the new DC MK6 to the original, that is what this should have been. When they get around to doing a Mk3 in 1/4 or a proper 1/6 version you'll see just how bad this one looks by comparison.

The proportions are bad, it is short, the color is inconsistent with the line, it has poor or non existent articulation, in general it is a huge backwards step in the design of these figures. It is a lazy effort from HT to barely update their original Mk2/3 chassis when they should have re-engineered it from the start. Compare the new DC MK6 to the original, that is what this should have been. When they get around to doing a Mk3 in 1/4 or a proper 1/6 version you'll see just how bad this one looks by comparison.
:duff:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I only have the newer DC armors now, there so much better than the older ones Since I wont buy the older plastic armors I stuck with holes in my collection until HT rereleases them, mostly 1-7 in dc than I can continue with 43 to present.

My comparison point is the Plastic Mark IV. I'm not a fan of that figure and when I have him out, I just keep him in the Gantry. By comparison, I like the Mark III a lot more, but those are my only Iron Man Armors. I guess when the Mark VI eventually arrives, I can revisit my opinions on the Mark III, but for now, I'm satisfied with him. By no means will I tell you he's perfect, but I like him.

He is hated by the people who buy figures to play with. A normal person would have no problems with this figure.

im a museum poser, no poses at all except maybe turning the head and I disliked the figure. It just looked wonky to me after awhile.

He definitely looks off when you have him next to the newer iron man, especially the Mark 45. I'm displaying him the the landing pose so the disparity doesn't look quite as prominent.

He definitely looks off when you have him next to the newer iron man, especially the Mark 45. I'm displaying him the the landing pose so the disparity doesn't look quite as prominent.

This is the route I went with mine as well. Landing pose looks sweet and hides some of the weak parts of the figure.
d77bdbccdee907fef7d51ea5b545304d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His articulation is fine. I have not found a pose I wanted to put it in that it couldn't do. As for it being lacking articulation because they where lazy...that's just a dumb comment based on absolutely nothing. Engineering the figure one way over another doesn't take less effort. They didn't save any time or effort doing it this way so saying it was lazy shows a lack of understanding. The ankle joint for example....how exactly is it lazy? Really, explain that? Is it less effort to engineer and produce a ball joint over a pivot joint? No. and FYI the figure has a full ball joint that they intentionally limited due to the armor design to make it accurate. So they gave it the exact same articulation as the mk45 or whatever and then did more work to make it function to correctly reflect the screen design. But sure, lazy. And before you say it, I know, you don't care if it's screen accurate it should have ankle articulation or whatever...then you can't complain about color or anything else..you either want screen accuracy or you don't(also the color does match some scenes...they did a darker suit first time around and everyone bitched and wanted it lighter even though the previous color also reflected some scenes..it's what happens when you have multiple suits made, plus multiple cg suits and each has a different color..there is no "right" color only the one you want. And just because it's not your choice doesn't make the choice "lazy" or less accurate..)

The suit is his first design of his full armor so it should look less advanced next to the 42 updates later mk45.

His articulation is fine. I have not found a pose I wanted to put it in that it couldn't do. As for it being lacking articulation because they where lazy...that's just a dumb comment based on absolutely nothing. Engineering the figure one way over another doesn't take less effort. They didn't save any time or effort doing it this way so saying it was lazy shows a lack of understanding. The ankle joint for example....how exactly is it lazy? Really, explain that? Is it less effort to engineer and produce a ball joint over a pivot joint? No. and FYI the figure has a full ball joint that they intentionally limited due to the armor design to make it accurate. So they gave it the exact same articulation as the mk45 or whatever and then did more work to make it function to correctly reflect the screen design. But sure, lazy. And before you say it, I know, you don't care if it's screen accurate it should have ankle articulation or whatever...then you can't complain about color or anything else..you either want screen accuracy or you don't(also the color does match some scenes...they did a darker suit first time around and everyone bitched and wanted it lighter even though the previous color also reflected some scenes..it's what happens when you have multiple suits made, plus multiple cg suits and each has a different color..there is no "right" color only the one you want. And just because it's not your choice doesn't make the choice "lazy" or less accurate..)

The suit is his first design of his full armor so it should look less advanced next to the 42 updates later mk45.

^^^^^all true

I have no problem with those who may wish it had more articulation or different proportions, but they just want a different figure. If I were to nit pick I only wish it was a tad larger and scale more in line with my other 1/6 figures, but over all I love this figure and captures what I love about the armor in the movie.

I'm pretty firmly in the disappointed camp, but at the end of the day it's all about your own perception of the figure. It does look good. But there are things that would've made it a for sure knockout for me. Certain armors like this, the Mk6, Mk1, and maybe Mk7, are for sure purchases unless I'm thoroughly disappointed. Some of the aforementioned issues are the only reason why I don't own the figure. It's just not the Mk3 that I wanted it to be.

The issue is not that the figure looks less advanced in terms of capturing it's on screen design. The issue is that it is using one of their much older designs (which is probably why people are saying it was "lazy") when it should have received the same treatment the Diecast War Machine Mark I did.

Size-wise, the Mark III diecast is going to look like it's from a completely different scale as seen in the photos below with the first one comparing the new Diecast War Machine to the plastic one and the second comparing the Mark II armor to the plastic war machine. I just feel like it they were releasing a new figure, they should have redone it the same way they are doing to the other diecast ones (WM Mark I, Mark IV, Mark VI). If you display this Mark III in the Hall of Armor with the other diecast ones, he's going to look extremely short/stubby.maxresdefault.jpg5285910009_.jpg

I love that new War Machine. Almost makes me feel like it was worth every pennie of the $365 I paid.

Bought this from a fellow member on here. It's supposed to arrive on Thursday.

I never really had any interest in picking this one up, but after watching iron man again, and the fact that I only have 2 preorders with sideshow at the moment not counting war machine mark 3 (the 46 and 6) I figured why not pick it up.

I know that there are a couple things aside from the obvious that will bother me a tad. First being the paint job, I much prefer the current more accurate worn in/accurate paint jobs, the other one being that I wish his proper first landing pose with this armor was achievable. Other than that, I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it.

I wonder what the chances are of them making a 2nd diecast version of this armor.

I cant for the life of me get the screw out of the arm to put batteries in. Anyone know any tricks to loosening these things up? I'm practically stripping the screw head and its not budging.

I’ve been debating whether to sell this guy on in hopes they revisit. How good are the changes you feel Hot Toys will in fact take another pass at this? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Back