MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people just want stuff to harp on. They shouldn't all be expected to have the same articulation. They are not the same suit. And I wouldn't expect a Cap figure that has full combat boots to have the same ankle articulation that one with shoes and gators would have. No matter what order they are released in.

To expect a newer released iron man suit to have the same articulation or better as any older suit would be the same as expecting every human figure to have the same or better. Some figures have full 360 ankle flex and others don't. And each iron man suit is more unique then most most human figures (i.e. The mk3 is more different then the mk42...then...falcon is different from Fury or any other human.) so if any human figure has the articulation then they all should, by that logic.

The mk3dc can do more poses then falcon and cap and blade. Articulation is not the defining trait of hot toys, accuracy is. So, I don't see why it's an issue. There should be variety. I'd rather it have a little less ankle articulation but be more stable. Both my original mk3 versions have less stability due to wear on the ankle joints. And those where nearly half the weight.

It can't do every single pose with super articulation. But it can do every single pose a full 1/1 suit could. Shouldn't that be the standard?

wouldn't it be more stable with the feet being able to sit flush against a surface?

also, i think the complaints about it are warranted. it doesn't mean that it's a bad figure, it just means that it has a flaw. they've achieved better articulation with the other armors.. and considering this is the newer one, people expect improvements, not regression.

personally, i'd much rather have the ability to position the ankles flush THAN* not have it because there's a possibility that it might wear over time.

lastly.. let's remember that this is a $300+ figure. once you get up to those numbers, people are going to have expectations that are on par with the price tag. so, if they own a $20 6" figure that has much better ankle articulation, well, that's bound to annoy some people which is understandable. people don't want to look at it and say "eh, at least the articulation is a little better than caps".. that's just not how things are going to work, especially when there are plenty of other armors that achieve better articulation.

and to reiterate, i'm not saying it's a bad figure, just that it has a flaw.

That sucks. Looking at pics of that figure, that piece looks really small so it won't be easy to fix. You might be able to if you have steady hands and alot of patience hahah. Good luck.

I really hope they do. I want to represent some old armors (1,3,5,6) and some new armors (45,46) in my Iron Man lineup.

Yeah, when the inevitable happens and it eventually detaches I'll just have to try a bit of superglue and hope for the best!

Me too. The old plastic versions are not perfect, so it would be cool to see updated versions now.

Hey guys. Is there anyone looking to sell their Mark III. Also I live in Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpgThat's all the articulation I need

image.jpg

My post was deleted because I can't follow the Forum's For Sale Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, got an interesting email from Sideshow Support today. Seems I probably should have been charged customs fees for my Mk3 at the time. (which I wasn't).. Which doesn't suprise me as I thought at the time I was lucky not to be charged. I was charged extra for the Mark 43 which came about a month earlier. When it comes to overseas purchase, basically anything sixth scale Iron Man price or up I get charged. $500 NZ seems to be the magic figure.

OK so I couldn't stand the way my new MK3 looked w/ no ankle tilt...
Decided to mod it. I was worried about taking it apart, but honestly, it's a few screws and a little cutting. Nothing outrageous or earth shattering difficult. It was just getting over the fear factor, but again, all it entails is undoing a few panels and a few screws... the most "nerve racking part" was the cutting... but it's all buried inside the leg parts and you'll never see it unless you take everything apart... and the result is 100000 times worth it!

So here's a quick walk thru of what I did w/ some pics... I took a ton of pics w/ the walk thru so just be aware there is a bunch!!

I did one side at a time, to keep track.

Just take your time and don't force anything... should be a piece of cake!

As you can see.. all work done to the parts is buried and you'll never know or see any of the cut parts.

Thank you for this. Given the low prices this figure is now going for, I think it might be my next purchase now I know I can fix my biggest gripe with it in an evening.

Now if only there was some way to give it waist articulation...

Anyone else noticed paint scratching on the back from those stupid metal mesh parts ? just checked it over & theres a scratch on the gold panel around the mid back area & also near the the battery switch on the red paint. really annoyed as i always have the thin foam rectangle under the flaps to protect the finish but the mesh has obviously went through this, no way will i find a perfect match gold paint for this :gah:

Anyone else noticed paint scratching on the back from those stupid metal mesh parts ? just checked it over & theres a scratch on the gold panel around the mid back area & also near the the battery switch on the red paint. really annoyed as i always have the thin foam rectangle under the flaps to protect the finish but the mesh has obviously went through this, no way will i find a perfect match gold paint for this :gah:

And there in lies a big problem with die-cast figures... Paint scratches and flakes off waaay too easily.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people's having that issue. That's why I kinda prefer what they did with the Mark IV, giving it some very minor scratches here and there.

I'm not sure how many have seen this custom battle damaged set on ebay, but I picked this up a few weeks ago and thought I'd post something about it. I was mainly interested in it for the battle damaged chest plate, and it looked like a neat way to create a BD diecast Mark III (not unlike the pieces included with the Mark XLII). This was also my first time picking up "custom"/re-cast pieces from HK, so I didn't quite know what I was getting into. Everything's painted well, but each piece is also just a tad too big/thick to fit flush on the figure. The color is also different from the red of the clean figure, so the pieces look out of place when you put them on. Some of the pieces have faint battle damage paint (the hands and forearm pieces), and the ones that don't aren't easily visible in many poses (like the calf pieces). The faceplate is also meant to fit the Tony Stark helmeted head, not the light up one (the magnets/tabs are in the wrong place to stay in place). And the repulsor hands are made of a rigid plastic (not rubber... yay!), which also makes it difficult for the hands to move once on the figure (and my right repulsor hand doesn't even go on because of the wrist guard.... boo!).

All of that said, I really love the idea of the battle damaged chest plate, even if it doesn't fit in well with the rest of the figure. It's got sculpted dents and scratches (as does one of the shoulder pieces), which looks pretty cool in person. I wouldn't really recommend buying the set though unless you can get it for $30. There just isn't a whole lot that's really usable to get a nice-looking BD Mark III.

Here's a picture of my current pose, plus some close-ups of the BD chest/ab pieces:

mark 3.jpg

mark 3 closeup.jpg

mark 3 closeup 2.jpg

d89a44740acd7224af533752de00f293.jpg

Got the Mark 3 today! Traded my Sideshow IG-88 for it, and I do not regret the choice. Absolutely a stunned reaction to how much I like it thus far. I knew I'd like the Boba, which I received yesterday. But this was a real treat. Will post pics soon!

74b5739e3fd5496fffb40944da708d43.jpg
326f4b3ce13a208444e75a41f56baa55.jpg
4270581d14a55178092156fefa1a1769.jpg
ecfa36328c43479a2391134d98eb1d49.jpg
8a79ec4b93be00021af8abcce48eeadd.jpg
69b67a623e213faa094cfebd294718ed.jpg
110492c0b3d9d7f07d228d27982ae259.jpg
b01f0c7338e1991ef2486eac749126de.jpg
32696867a6343f6b2e17017799ae0eb0.jpg
8879757ea8ae60aa7e8c27ac1e2ab5c8.jpg
647b2e8fabb5677b8b46896511aa1c51.jpg
5304af124c597dbf41729b872e44848d.jpg

My experience with the Mark III:

I've always loved the Mark III. The iconic suit from the movie that kicked off the Iron Man franchise, the suit that looks similar to the older comic book IM suit...I had anticipated getting his Figure for awhile but eventually decided against it due to the bad reviews and my slowing down of figure purchases. Well a deal with fellow Collector salesfx (check out what he's selling) was made and now I have the Mark III Diecast.

So, immediately I was blown away by this figure. The paint is so iconic, so well done. Again, this suit reminds of the comic book version (which is the version I like most) and the colouring furthers that notion. Love the cherry red, which really changes given the light. I think in a detolf...dark room it will often turn out coloured like the movie version MKIII. The colours all shine and the golds seem very rich.

There are enough parts that I was satisfied. The weapons go on easily...really liked posing with the wrist rockets. And with the figure being able to "open up" (flaps open, cAlf muscles, exposing chest and stomach interior of suit), the figure has many posing options. I often prefer the closed mask IM, but I was surprised how amazed I was by the Tony Stark RDJ head sculpt. Very detailed and life like. Added a lot to posing the figure.

The articulation is as advertised....very limited. The figure is quite difficult with getting a natural, dynamic, even static poses but it just means you have to work at the posing and be creative. Any figure can look amazing with good posing and I found this especially true with this figure. Well this figure does not have the Diecast percentages of say my MKII war machine Diecast...I still enjoy the Diecast that is there. Just like my Diecast Robocop, the Mark III benefits from the Diecast when it comes to balancing the figure properly. I found that alone gave me much more flexibility with getting my poses to work.

It may not be many collectors cup of tea hearing that posing will take work...but I found the payoff to be worth it. The figure is a gem...very much took me by surprise how much I'd like it. Now this is my 3rd Iron Man figure. I have the Starboost and Diecast War Machine MKII IM3 version. Without a doubt it's my fav of the 3...and the figure completes my IM collection. I really wanted an iconic red Iron Man that reflected the best Iron Man movie IMO (Iron Man 2008) and that paid homage to my favorite iteration of Iron Man (comic book IM). The Mark III does all that and more.

Back