MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up mine at the UPS today. Quick snap shot. I'll play around with it later on. Overall, I love it.
image.jpg

Thanks! It's even more beautiful in hand. Don't know why some people complain about the proportion on this figure. This is tHe figure that you can say: Hey it looks like there really is a person inside of this suit. Awesome figure!

In my short time on this forum I have learned that while sometimes the nitpicking is spot on in this case the complaints aren't warranted, IMHO. I love the red they used on this figure!

Here is a picture next to my first IM figure, the Mark VII:

DSC_2712.JPG

I think Hot Toys nailed the level of brightness of the chest arc reactor and the eye lights. Previous figures were way too blinding, this figure is perfect. I too would have liked more articulation but based on the way I pose my figures I am happy with the figure.

In my short time on this forum I have learned that while sometimes the nitpicking is spot on in this case the complaints aren't warranted, IMHO. I love the red they used on this figure!

Here is a picture next to my first IM figure, the Mark VII:

View attachment 207468
Sweet pic, IronPin! :) That is exactly what I'm going to do once mine arrives...pose him next to my Mark 7. They look great together!

Can't really compare the two like that... Do you need a WM or IM more? War Machine is a great looking figure, but it comes down to which character you need more.

Can't really compare the two like that... Do you need a WM or IM more? War Machine is a great looking figure, but it comes down to which character you need more.

I gave up my Mark VII and now I have the Mark 43, along with Hawkeye, Cap and Widow.
Part of me just says to stick with AoU and get War Machine... and part of me loves the classic look of the Mark III.

So, I am trying to figure out whether to pick this up, or pick up the AoU War Machine Mark II instead...
and have no idea which one to go for. Any opinion for anyone who has either/both?
I gave up my Mark VII and now I have the Mark 43, along with Hawkeye, Cap and Widow.
Part of me just says to stick with AoU and get War Machine... and part of me loves the classic look of the Mark III.

I have War Machine MKII from Avengers with the intention to pose him with the MK33 in a nod to the comics in the late 80s and early 90s. It's a beautiful figure.

I have the MkIII on order and I am curious about what it will look like next to War Machine. War Machine may take away a bit from the MKIII because it is more advanced and so it might look better with your 43, but I would love to see more pictures of the MkIII and WM MKII to be sure.

I love the classic look of the MkIII too and my intention is to pose it independent from other IM figures near other Marvel characters which embody their classic comic look too - AOU Cap, Avengers Hulk, Sam Rami Spiderman, and X-Men 3 Wolverine (AOU Thor on preorder).

So you're just trying to assemble a newer team? If so, I'd say get WM since you have the 43.

Originally, that was not my intention. I really thought I was going to just stick with the original Avengers
and upgrade the headsculpts.

That plan fell to pieces with Captain America when I saw how much better EVERYTHING was about him in direct comparison to the Avengers version.

Black Widow's AoU headsculpt looks horrible on the Avengers body, so strike #2.

Hawkeye's headsculpt looks good on the Avengers version, but my figure was showing deterioration in the rubber/vinyl material and black staining under the arms from the spandex black undershirt. So once again, upgraded to a full AoU figure.

Snowball keeps rolling downhill...

Mark VII, as good as it looked, the prospect of the diecast figure Mark 43 made me break down and trade off
one for one to upgrade.

Even the Hulk, which I swore the Avengers version was enough for me is starting to look better than the original.
I am considering a pants swap on that one to get my preferred look.

After all that, the only figure I will not have upgraded is Thor. And at this point, no reason not to.

Got my Mark III today, and for the first time ever, I've got scuff marks on the paint that look like someone touched it before his abs dried. Also the open masked head has two small black marks on the back of it. Don't think its worth asking SSC for a replacement, but I guess it was my turn after having a Mark VI who never got pink panties, and a Dark World Light Armor Thor who didn't get any damage to his skin lol.

Nonsense, these figures are too expensive to ignore obvious flaws. Let SS decide if it is worth a replacement or credit, you will probably get a new part or figure or at least some credit for your trouble.

Actually I will be displaying my MKIII with my MKII WM (IM3). Plus I have the StarBoost. But I always wanted my one IM as the MKIII. I think we all realize the shortcomings, but I know I'll maximize the character in my display case. Love the pics guys. Keep it up!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS is starting to piss me off with thier new replacement policies . Seems now either you accept it with the defect , or you send it back for a refund .

Back